Welcome to PatsFans.com

Meet Peter Schiff and Ron Paul... revisited.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Dec 15, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Don't also forget Jim Rogers, billionaire investor who called EVERYTHING 5 years ago, from everything even about shorting investment banks the past few years.

The scary part though is that Schiff and Rogers now say most big banks are actually bankrupt, and that the dollar is going to be 90% weaker soon.
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I don't doubt it one bit, which is why I've implored with everyone i care about to buy metals as soon as possible...

But please link to where he said that? I'd like to read it....
  4. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

what movie is that background music from? it's bugging me
  5. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Last Of The Mohigans?
  6. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

is it lord of the rings?
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Press COverage.....
    Do you feel like this when you read how this thread gets ignored?
    I do!

[​IMG]
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Nah... I know the nature of those in denial... they're never gonna flatly acknowledge that they've been wrong all along...

This is a catharsis.... Reminding 28 percenters how wrong they've always been -- whether they're advocating imperialism, or singing the virtues of unbridled free market capitalism -- is always satisfying...

Whether they ignore the point being made, or deflect to communism and miss the point entirely, they can no longer argue that the elites have our best interests at heart... They never really could.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 3 / -10

It is human nature to seek hope and not despair. This is a message board, not the halls of congress. Anyone who enjoys discussing the fall of our nation has some deep issues. It is impossible to enjoy any discussion regarding economic & social catastrophy...do we not all agree on this?

So you can't fault our members for not wanting to discuss this scenario. And although men like Ron Paul and Peter Schiff have been right on their forecasts for years, no one can really be happy or glad that this is true...unless you're Chinese. Again, do we all not agree that this is true?

So tell me men, why would anyone want to jump on this topic of discussion...I'm very interested in hearing your replies.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

When your doctor tells you you have cancer and you have 6 months to live, I think your family should know and have deep, concerned discussions about it. For the same reason you have to discuss the failure of our economy in order to come to terms with how we should move forward...if we can. Americans are family in this regard, IMO. We need to find out what caused this, root it out, and proceed down a better, more sustainable path. If a town is getting high rates of cancer potentially because of a chemical plant upstream, do you just ignore it and hope for the best?

Adults need to confront problems. To hold your fingers in your ears and shout, "LA!, LA!, LA!...I DON"T HEAR THIS!" is not responsible behavior and will cost us and our children even more down the road.
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 3 / -10

You're preaching to the choir wista. Is there anyone who posts more "Economic" threads than I do? I was explaining why these "worst case scenario" threads get little attention and you know I'm right.

Regarding your cancer comparison, if you really want to talk truth then you'll admit that typically only the immediate family will discuss it. Go to their extended family and friends and you'll find they avoid the topic like the plague.

My other main point is that there is something deeply wrong with posting "see, so & so was right" threads. Using your comparison, it would be sick to tell someone "see, I told you that you had cancer!"

Bring up specific economic topics for discussion, that's fine. But explain to me what the purpose of a thread that is aimed at who knows what people that basically says "This guy was right...ha, ha!" As if they are trying to throw it in someone's face. Even though there are no faces to throw it in. :rolleyes:

No one gives a sh1t who was right, so if you wanna post worst case threads (which are very relevant), do so on a specific topic. We have people constantly posting videos of guys like Peter Schiff as if they worship these men. All they are is intelligent men...end of story.
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Hope? You mean, like prayer? I'm spiritual, but practical. First thing you have to do is acknowledge the problem, then cut it out. If people are going to continue to deny it, they're going to be reminded when it affects us all... They're only "hoping" it's not true... We're reminding them that's not GD good enough any more...

We seek hope by way of displaying and pointing out the mentality that has led us to this sad pass.... Making sure -- if we're ever granted a "next time" to truly be the world's "Beacon of Light" -- that this kind of irresponsibility is never repeated again...

This pall of denial and ignorant, misplaced faux patriotism that programs people to never accept blame for our profound gluttony as a nation... And our insatiable greed.... Unyielding impulse to step over the next man and make a buck ... As many bucks as humanly possible, largely via a fraudulent monetary system... It's really disgusting to see...

It was this sheep-like mentality that could never halt the snowball rolling downhill toward invasion... Denial, refusal to read deeper, blissful ignorance... Ostracizing truth seekers and whistle blowers at every turn... It's the same thing with Peak Oil, and now the collapse of the U.S. dollar....

Shame... shame on anyone who mocked reasonable, smart men who warned us all on national television of where our flawed monetary system was leading us all... Or those who reminded us all that energy is dwindling...

Sorry, but this kind of "well, it's too late now, ... we already invaded" bit of rationale is not washing on this topic... It affects us all...

The cancer analogy is poor because in this case, we all have the cancer, and the doctor exposed us all to it... So yeah, I think in that scenario, we'd damn sure talk to each other about it...
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 3 / -10

So you've taken it upon yourself to get redemption for these people?

C'mon PC...no one cares who was right and truth be told, it's not relevant to anything. I agree that the issues they discuss are very relevant, so let's discuss them. But you often word you posts in a manner that does not open for anything for discussion...you just seem like you want to make a point to the elititists....when there aren't any on this board bro.

I'm just saying...No one cares that men like Peter Schiff were mocked. Was is wrong? Of course, but they are just men like you & I.
  14. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Huh? I can only speak for myself but it so happens I've seen that particular video before and it's an excellent one. My lack of commentary on it's content had absolutely NOTHING to do with my opinion on the subject nor does it reflect some kind of ignorance about it. This is a message board and I don't comment on every single thread,post or video posted here.

Please don't speak for me. Much appreciated.
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

George Bush isn't a member of this board either... But we talk about him constantly... Bill Clinton, also.... However, there IS a large contingent of this message board who DO support the mechanism that gets these kinds of people elected... and all the appointments these kinds of people make for us all... including the SEC heads, the treasury secretary, and a number of other positions in finance...

It's important to be reminded of how fatally flawed that belief system truly is...

Ron Paul should have been much MUCH more electable... Period.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I wasn't speaking for you.
    I was making a comment directly at PC. It may have been about the lack of commentary that you happened to be included in, but I never meant to "speak for" you. No offense. This is a very serious matter to me. I am a HUGE Ron Paul fan. I had his sign up until election day. I would have actually appreciated hearing what your thoughts on the subject were.
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 3 / -10

I believe Ron Paul would have been the best man for our economy, by FAR. But what does that have to do with threads that continually show that men like Peter Schiff were right?

Yes, I know he was Ron Paul's economic advisor, but I still fail to see the relevance here.

Why start threads that continually say things like;

"Correct on every point back then, correct on every point today...

But Bush League capitalists and toothless democrats thought they knew everything. And still do, to the ruin of us all."

That is DEFINATELY an "in your face"/"haha...you were wrong" comment.

Which is useless...and you wonder why no one contributes? :rolleyes:
  18. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I don't take it that way. I view it as he's got credibility based on past observations and predictions that fortunately or unfortunately came to fruition. It's not so much 'in your face' as maybe we ought to listen to these guys....
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 3 / -10

It is when people constantly post these threads. You're probably not here often enough to notice. If I saw one or two, I'd say the same thing. But we have weekly

"See, Peter Schiff was right" posts...along with corresponding 10 minute video. I'm just calling people on their motives. If they are truly motivated by sharing information, then fine...I'm ok with that.

I like PC's posts usually...it's just this one type of thread that I question.
  20. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Understood. I like Ron Paul too and imo it's a travesty that he didn't get more press at election time but it is what it is. We all have our particular causes-I have some too-but I don't post complaints when someone doesn't reply to a thread or replies in some way that I don't particularly like:rolleyes:. No offense;)