PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Medical views on the Gronkle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swelling can be reduced significantly with lots of icing. And, with most ligament injuries, they can start therapy prior to surgery and that helps the area be stronger both before and after the surgery. And it cuts down, significantly, on the rehab time after the surgery.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats had a cooling boot for Gronk and that he's been in it every day while at the Stadium and that he's been following the regime at home as well.

"Rob, believe me. With Tweeter, MyFace and Yearbook, people will find out about it. "

I don't believe Bill had to bother with any conversation, but if he did you nailed that part...LOL

Ok, but if it doesn't happen, will you please not be shocked a day before, act like the sky is falling, and still have the guts to tell the little Giants we're going to shove it down their throats anyway?

I can't tell you how much I hate the whole false bravado schtick. Have you learned nothing from the Rex Ryan fiasco? If these two teams played 10 times, how many games are the Patriots winning? 6? Maybe 7? So if they have a 30-40% chance of losing, why act likes it's in the bag? To what purpose? Are we Jets fans? This tact is annoying when reading the Giants fans forum, but from this forum, in light of our experience w/ Ryan, it's dowright idiotic.

Last edited:
I've had a high ankle sprain and know how painful those can be and, more importantly, how long they can take to heal. I'm not a superior athlete like the Gronk, but if my injury is any indication, that guy's ankle WILL NOT be good in time for the big game. He'll just have to go through the pain if they allow him to play. Don't expect a big game from him even if he does play.

I think the Patriots are smart enough to have a gameplan installed that includes Gronk but doesn't feature Gronk. They'll find another way to attack the Giants, and they certainly have enough weapons to do it. This isn't the 2007 offense. This is a much more versatile offense, albeit less vertical and explosive.

You're right. I doubt that BB told Daddy Gronk anything. However, BB could have sat Gronk down and said:

"Rob. I know you're not hurting much and I know that your parents are worried about you. We can't have you telling them the truth about your injury. We need every advantage we can get and if the Giants knew you'd be near 100% for the SB, they'll plan for you a lot more than we want them to. If your parents happen to do an interview and it leaks out that you're healthy, then we lose that advantage."

"But Coach, my dad lives in nowhere Buffalo... who's going to listen to an interview he does... "

"Rob, believe me. With Tweeter, MyFace and Yearbook, people will find out about it. "

"Gronk understand"

I don't want to sound like a jackass to you, but how stupid do you think the Giants coaching staff is, honestly?

There is absolutely no reason to use this as a smoke screen. They will game plan 100% assuming Gronk will go. They will game plan assuming he won't go. they will game planning he plays at 50% efficiency.

They have TWO weeks to get ready for this game. They will think of every possible scenario and have (what they hope is) an answer for it. They won't listen to the media and pay any attention to "Gronk is hurt, he'll play!" and start planning, then read the article on the AFC East blog about "Gronk's injury is serious!" and suddenly stop game planning.

You always plan for the worst.

Last edited:
I've had a high ankle sprain and know how painful those can be and, more importantly, how long they can take to heal. I'm not a superior athlete like the Gronk, but if my injury is any indication, that guy's ankle WILL NOT be good in time for the big game. He'll just have to go through the pain if they allow him to play. Don't expect a big game from him even if he does play.

I think the Patriots are smart enough to have a gameplan installed that includes Gronk but doesn't feature Gronk. They'll find another way to attack the Giants, and they certainly have enough weapons to do it. This isn't the 2007 offense. This is a much more versatile offense, albeit less vertical and explosive.

Just hope Gronk stays in the hotel till gametime..

Possible the gameplan maybe 70%-blocking 30%-WR for Gronk.

Good and bad. Good that Gronk will help out the OL against the Giants. More time for Brady. Bad that Brady has to rely more on the other receivers..

IMO.

I think the Patriots are smart enough to have a gameplan installed that includes Gronk but doesn't feature Gronk. They'll find another way to attack the Giants, and they certainly have enough weapons to do it.

Carson Butler?

LOL @ Dr. Nick

Call 1-600-DOCTORB... the B is for Bargain!

I wonder if a cortisone shot would help. It did wonders for me, for a while anyway. Takes the swelling right down.

So if he can't go at all, what does that mean for the pats? No 2 TEs? Can Solder fill his role as a blocker and possibly as a little bit of a receiver? Do they have any other TE types on the roster besides A Hernandez? I hate to think it's going to be on Ocho to "step up". Isn't the problem he doesn't know where to be??

I wonder if a cortisone shot would help. It did wonders for me, for a while anyway. Takes the swelling right down.

So if he can't go at all, what does that mean for the pats? No 2 TEs? Can Solder fill his role as a blocker and possibly as a little bit of a receiver? Do they have any other TE types on the roster besides A Hernandez? I hate to think it's going to be on Ocho to "step up". Isn't the problem he doesn't know where to be??

Edelman has played the 3rd WR more often than Ocho lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back