PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media's bizarre deification of Peyton Manning continues

RhodyPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
SI is going to name the Holy One Sportsman of the Year.
Did I miss something??? Did his Lordship actually win something??

David Ortiz, Lebron James, Ray Lewis all deserve it more than Satan Manning

The Broncos O-line, Moreno, Decker, Welker, J Thomas, and D Thomas are equally if not more responsible for Manning's success than he is.

LOL, I read "deification" as "defecation."

I give up... I'll never understand their need to shove this guy down the publics throat constantly. David Ortiz was the obvious choice and it should have been easy but even if not Ortiz there are several more deserving candidates.

Today I learned that if you have super talented WRs, you will score many TDs...

This is like an actor or director who is close to the end of their career who has never won an Oscar and wins it on a subpar performance just because the voters feel that they may never get another chance to win again. It becomes more of a lifetime achievement award.

Manning has never won this award. SI probably figures that at his age, he may never have a shot to win it again. So they gave it to him more on his body of work rather than his individual year performance.

Not saying it is right, but that is probably their thinking.

This is like an actor or director who is close to the end of their career who has never won an Oscar and wins it on a subpar performance just because the voters feel that they may never get another chance to win again. It becomes more of a lifetime achievement award.

Manning has never won this award. SI probably figures that at his age, he may never have a shot to win it again. So they gave it to him more on his body of work rather than his individual year performance.

Well then call it the Sentimentality award, you are either sportsman of the year or not.

Well then call it the Sentimentality award, you are either sportsman of the year or not.

Again, I don't say it is right, but that is probably why he won. Who cares? It is an award put out by a magazine and it means absolutely nothing to the regular season, playoffs, or Super Bowl. It is just another trophy not named Lombardi that Peyton can put on his shelf.

Again, I don't say it is right, but that is probably why he won. Who cares? It is an award put out by a magazine and it means absolutely nothing to the regular season, playoffs, or Super Bowl. It is just another trophy not named Lombardi that Peyton can put on his shelf.

Yeah true dat

They can shove their collective thought process up their clackers. I'd like an explanation as to how Manning's 2013 has been better than guys who actually won stuff this year like LeBron James, David Ortiz and Patrick Kane. That doesn't begin to scratch the surface of the stupidity of this award to Manning.

aggghhh,,,whaddya all complaining about?....SI is also running a "Spygate 7.5 Years Later Retrospective" with followup "special new info" from Greg Easterbunnybrook, John Tomase,the Ghost of Arlen Spector and a forward by Roger "Ooogly Googly" Goodell.

I cannot wait for my issue....of course I should just use the toiletpaper I have already.

They can shove their collective thought process up their clackers. I'd like an explanation as to how Manning's 2013 has been better than guys who actually won stuff this year like LeBron James, David Ortiz and Patrick Kane. That doesn't begin to scratch the surface of the stupidity of this award to Manning.

ESPN and SI wouldn't be caught dead putting hockey on that ( as sad at that may be )

wonder what "Manning Face" SI is gonna use for the cover???

Manning is better than LeBron? My ass!

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 33m
Manning has never previously won the award. SI not inclined to pick repeat champs. LeBron won last year.

shows the stupidity of this award. Do we really want these morons to vote brady for MVP ??

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back