PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media unfair to Moss again

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEfan32

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Now everyone is saying Moss ripped the coaching staff. I think that is complete crap.

All he said was that they had a better gameplan. Isn't that something BB would say? He didn't ***** about the team or anything. He gave credit to the Giants and said this season means nothing now. How is that ripping your team?

He even went as far as blaming himself that he should have caught the hail mary by stop running and set up to jump and get it.

Look, Moss has been a great player this season, and from other players, a great teammate. The way BB and Brady talk about him, I definately think he is coming back. If Moss leaves, I might be more upset than this SB loss.

Now everyone is saying Moss ripped the coaching staff. I think that is complete crap.

All he said was that they had a better gameplan. Isn't that something BB would say? He didn't ***** about the team or anything. He gave credit to the Giants and said this season means nothing now. How is that ripping your team?

He even went as far as blaming himself that he should have caught the hail mary by stop running and set up to jump and get it.

Look, Moss has been a great player this season, and from other players, a great teammate. The way BB and Brady talk about him, I definately think he is coming back. If Moss leaves, I might be more upset than this SB loss.

Eff the media. BB and Pioli understand the situation. If Moss is not back here next year, it's cuz they don't want him to be. If that's the case, I guess I'll live with it.

The Giants coaches made a game plan for the Super Bowl.
The Patriots coaches made a game plan for the Super Bowl.
The Giants coaches made in-game adjustments.
The Patriots coaches made in-game adjustments.
The Giants defensive line was the difference maker, before and after in-game adjustments were made.
The Patriots had trouble moving the ball on offense all game.
The Giants won.

I'd say that the Patriots coaches will need a different game plan next time if they want to win. The Giants had a better game plan this time.

The truth hurts. The Giants gameplan was clearly superior. Moss will be back. He was the key to one of the best offenses ever.

I'd say that the Patriots coaches will need a different game plan next time if they want to win. The Giants had a better game plan this time.

I thought people here were saying BB can't be beat when he has two weeks to prepare for an opponent because he game-plans better than anyone else?

The Giants gameplan was clearly better but lets be realistic. We'd lose that game again next week with the offensive line getting smoked like that. If they could've just played well Moss was open deep at least 3 to 4 times and the entire offense could've dominated.

The media hates Moss and always overreacts to his words (like this) and actions (the fake mooning incident, where lots in the media acted like he actually mooned the Packers fans).

This is no surprise they'd try to make his comments out to be him saying Belichick sucks, etc. He really said nothing wrong, I'd just try and ignore the media the best you can. I know I'm doing the best I can to not listen to Denis and Callahan, ESPN, etc.

Last edited:
Ma Nishtana ha-lahylah ha-zeh mi-kol ha-layloht?

I would have put both Moss and Welker in the slot and I would have sent Gaffney & Stallworth deep. Moss did move to the slot late in the game .. he must have caught someones ear about it ... and he was right.

The Giants gameplan was clearly better but lets be realistic. We'd lose that game again next week with the offensive line getting smoked like that. If they could've just played well Moss was open deep at least 3 to 4 times and the entire offense could've dominated.

Agreed; With the supposedly pro-bowl o-line playing like that, there's absolutely nothing the coaching staff could've done. When they're not even blitzing, yet getting to the qb within seconds; what can you do to stop it? Put in the backups?
The only question is how did the entire o line collapse like that? Were the all ill? Illness is about the only legit explanation as to how the giants d-backs came in untouched

I thought people here were saying BB can't be beat when he has two weeks to prepare for an opponent because he game-plans better than anyone else?
LETS REFRESH SOME MEMORIES!!

STARTED JANUARY 22, 2008
ORIGINAL POST: Patriot_in_NY

BB gets an extra week to prepare = a huge, mega Giants disadvantage.

THESPARKS1
I sure hope that this isn't the attitude of anyone in the Patriots organization. The truth is that this is the biggest game ever for most of the Giants and their coaches. If you think that because the Patriots haven't lost a game after a BYE week under Belichick that they can't lose the Super Bowl, you're crazy.
When both teams show up on Super Bowl Sunday, the scoreboard is going to read 0-0. Calling this week of a "huge disadvantage" for the Giants is stupid. They get extra time to prepare for the Patriots too! They get to rest and get healthy too! Based on past history, do the Patriots have an advantage going in to game? Definitely. But I certainly wouldn't call it "huge". Belichick is obviously a great coach, but it's not like he's the only one getting the extra week.
I reserve the term "huge advantage" for something that directly affects the players on the field, like Eli and/or Brandon Jacobs not playing.

spacecrime
Why are so many of your posts so ridiculous? Are you bsamson?
Before opening your yap, why not look up the Pats record after a week off and the Giants record after a week off?
Do this for the last 4-5 years, then come back and apologize to the original poster.

MrClutch
TO TheSparks1: I'll let you figure out what happened to those fans after the games were played. You're wasting your time coming on here and trying to defend your team because you feel the need to justify how good they are.

SavioKid
I will back up on Sparks on both accounts

Clonamery
I think it's your 'Nervous Nellie' act that makes people think you aren't a Pats fan. I put the advantage at say, 8-9.

PatsDeb
I would rate it around an "8" when you compare how the two teams will use or be affected by it. The Giants might get a little rusty and not be as "hot" as they were previously. I don't know about Coughlin's ability to use the time to coach up a perfect game plan, but Toomer's comments seem to suggest that he doesn't have a particular talent to do that. BB on the other hand, is spectacular at this; the more time he has, the better.

Sieglo
While the advantage is good in theory, keep in mind that BB's greatest Super Bowl game plan to date (versus the Rams) was designed and implemented in just one week.

Last edited:
Sieglo
While the advantage is good in theory, keep in mind that BB's greatest Super Bowl game plan to date (versus the Rams) was designed and implemented in just one week.

Damn, I hate it when I'm right.

Damn, I hate it when I'm right.
Yeah, I wasn't going to call out just the jerks that think their opinion is more important than everyone else on this board. It's was nice to see that some people could think objectively and weren't blinded by 18-0.

Moss should not have said this, even if true. The coaches had his back all season; he should have their backs. Are we unravelling already?

**** the media. They've only had one agenda in their mind regardless of the truth. They're uninformed, biased pieces of ****s and i wish all of them to hell! This team knows the truth, and that's all that matters.

Moss called it right.

The offensive scheme was poorly thought out. Because of the Giants great rush, the ball has to come out quickly.

What happened to the short passing game?

It looks like they thought they would have enough time to take advantage of the Giants "ordinary" corners. That put too much pressure on the OLine/protection which failed miserably. The OLine/Brady/Maroney never had a chance to get into a groove because of this philosophy. And, they did not adjust while the game was up for grabs. This offense does not deviate even when it becomes obvious it should (for me it was on the 2nd-3rd O.Poss). Frustrating. Only when the Giants grabbed the lead did the first reads become a quick pass. Voila, a Pats TD. Too late and sadly too soon. During the drive I was hoping they would kill more clock. But, I can't fault them for just trying to score.

Basically, I think this offense peaked sometime in Week 6-8. Early in the season, it was so impressive watching Stallworth(YAC) go crazy, Welker(clutch) dart around, and Moss(sky) snag balls. It could have been so multi-dimensional. After, it went mostly vertical. It was about chasing records (Team and Individual) and not improving. BTW, did you catch the look on Brady's face when after Lance Schulters whiffed and Gaffney went in for the TD in Week 16 vs Dolphins? He did NOT look happy (a disappointing highlight of the season for me). That would leave Brady no room for error. From then on, he would have to throw only to Moss when the play had a chance for a TD, lest he get the record and Moss did not.

Stats are for losers and is worth about as much as the paper it's written on. I'll take hardware at the end of the year.

After Week 9 it wasn't FUN watching. Still, it was a exhilarating for those weeks up to the win in Indy.

Moss should not have said this, even if true. The coaches had his back all season; he should have their backs.
Jesus Tapdancin' Christ. Give him a break. He called a spade a spade.

Football is won and lost in the trenches and we lost the battle of the trenches on offense. I don't blame Moss all that much although he did miss a blocking assignment once or twice that I saw. I don't really blame the gameplan or adjustments all that much although it was definitely a problem at times. Justin Tuck, Michael Strahan, and Osi Umineyoria just out muscled our o-line plain in simple.

Long passing game, short passing game. We tried them both and nothing worked until the Giants got too tired to go full force to get to Brady anymore.

WEEI had the entire Moss press conference late last night. He didn't say anything even remotely un-teamlike. Nothing. He was actually quite gracious under the circumstances, giving credit to the Giants.

You would have to be on massive drugs to interpret Moss' comments as ripping anyone in the Pats organization: coaches or players.

Football is won and lost in the trenches and we lost the battle of the trenches on offense.

Long passing game, short passing game. We tried them both and nothing worked until the Giants got too tired to go full force to get to Brady anymore.

Bingo. The Pats got their asses whooped in the trenches. Simple as that.

The Giants finally ran out of gas late in the game, but the damage was done. Scoring just 14 points meant that the Giants only needed one late drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes