PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media truce: Globe sportswriters allowed back on WEEI [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah funny how the commericals have dropped in the past few days, or it at least seems that way. Not a fan of redsox talk for 8 hours straight (mostly because lots of callers are moronic), but I still listen daily. I do enjoy the station a lot more when the pats and bruins are playing.

Stations can't win with this whenever listeners start crying about commercials. If the station puts them together under the "fewer interruptions" model, people complain that the breaks are too long. If the station has more commercial breaks with fewer commercials each time, people complain that there are too many breaks.

No matter what stations do, commercial breaks end up being just another way for the fellowship of the miserable to have something to gripe about.

Last edited:
No matter what stations do, commercial breaks end up being just another way for the fellowship of the miserable to have something to gripe about.

Do you work for WEEI or for the media? Ever tried to listen to the station?

WEEI has been execrable for the last few years up until a week ago; just one big commercial with a bit of juvenile baseball geek talk. It is still ridiculous baseball garbage with ultra baseball nerds calling up with idiotic trade suggestions or endless Ortiz talk. It is all almost 100% complaints and personal attacks.

I also hate how the guys on the station who say that Ortiz should come clean. Ha. It is just what those Jackals in the media want; more fuel for another 2 months of complaining. Papi should not say a thing.

Jump - Level 2 Champion!

Blog Entries: 3 Re: Media truce: Globe sportswriters allowed back on WEEI [merged]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydasaint
Papers a complete joke anyways, who cares..

This is a statement you may want to re-think. If newspapers continue to die and internet advertising stays in its current state and doesn't recover - you won't get to see a lot of the guys you enjoy reading. The situation in general isn't good right now. Take it from someone following this very closely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimbo, my man, you'll get further by not calling us all fools. Trust me.

And cool it with the President Obama political stuff. We put up with 8 years of occasional moonbat Bush outbursts that were discouraged, so let's not pollute the football forum with Obama rants. FYI Rookie, there's a political forum here for this garbage. You can thank me later kid.

Jump - Level 2 Champion!

Blog Entries: 3 Re: Media truce: Globe sportswriters allowed back on WEEI [merged]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydasaint
Papers a complete joke anyways, who cares..

This is a statement you may want to re-think. If newspapers continue to die and internet advertising stays in its current state and doesn't recover - you won't get to see a lot of the guys you enjoy reading. The situation in general isn't good right now. Take it from someone following this very closely.

Quoting for classic hilarity. Never die, jimmy, never die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes