Welcome to PatsFans.com

Media to Blame for HalloweenGate Cover-Up

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jan 11, 2012.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +363 / 9 / -13

So while the country was at 10%+ unemployment the WH shells out a few hundred grand for an Alice in Wonderland themed Halloween party.

Media To Blame For HalloweenGate Cover-Up - Investors.com

The WH press corps. of course ignored this story, just as they have Fast and Furious, Solindrya, and so many others.

2. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +353 / 7 / -4

yawn... it's actually fun to see folks like you up in arms about things you don't care about if it's a Republican

3. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

First Lady Debuts New Bush China - ABC News

Yeah she spent 500k on stupid plates.....

And good old Regans wife blew 200k on china too!

Fact is they all do this, that's why our country is ****......but I guess its what we deserve since we keep electing the same people over and over and over:bricks:

Obama is a joke Pats13 I agree, he can shove his "Yes we can" and "Hope" and "Change" up is ass! Problem is what do you think any other candidate will do? The same damn thing.....

Romney is spoon fed, Newt loves money!!! Huntsman is a daddy's boy, the only one that I think would not do **** like this is Paul and I don't think he's getting the nod (even thou I would love for him too).

We the people let our politicians walk all over us.....They will keep doing it until we stand up to them!

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +479 / 18 / -17

What's the coverup? How was the party extravagant? How much did it cost? Where did the money come from? Think the story would have ballooned if it was released that Johnny Depp and Tim Burton were there? Actually, I remember seeing a photo of Depp as the Mad Hatter at the White House surrounded by some really happy kids. Maybe the WH kept it under wraps to surprise the kids.

That said, I think your comparison to Solyndra is apt, since these cases are beyond trivial in scandal.

I smell some desperation on the right. Can't find any real dirt on Obama they're reduced to creating a scandal about a Holloween party. LOL.

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +703 / 20 / -30

It is a freaking halloween party, but the right needs something to be outraged about.. Michelle has been seen in public lately, so no commentary on her dresses and it is not golf season.

Blame them for what?? What indication do you have of a coverup??

There is no Halloween Gate here, just something new for the right to whine about.. BTW the white house press corps encompasses both sides of the aisle.

The right needs to get their depends in a bunch every day... so it's monday the media did it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +970 / 2 / -9

Remember once a long time ago we taught our children to Look Up To Politicians and use them as role models.

The dirty grinning bastards are the scum of the earth, ALL OF THEM, worms in a septic tank, if you have one in your famliy keep them out of your home, don't let them near your children or your dog, damn them to hell.

JESUS IS COMING

7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I think it sucks that any tax money is spent on a Halloween party when there are so many people struggling so much. I think it really sucks. Royalty will do those things, and we've made politicians celebrities, and in this country, that equals royalty.

Not outraged, but maybe I should be. Where's FOX when you need them?

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +479 / 18 / -17

The article doesn't indicate how much was spent or where the money came from.

And though the Halloween party didn't get much press, it did get some. For example,

Obamas celebrate first Halloween at the White House – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Also, here's the White House's response to this "scandal":

White House: Despite claims in new book, nothing secret about 'lavish' 2009 Halloween party | syracuse.com

White House spokesman Eric Schultz rejected the book's claims Sunday. He said if administration officials wanted to keep it secret, they wouldn't have invited the press or posted video or photos to the White House website. "Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read in books these days," Schultz told Fox News.

Politico reports the White House explained local schoolchildren, children of military families and those of administration staff attended the event. "Even Johnny Depp’s fans knew about it and posted on their website." Schultz said in a statement.

9. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +860 / 6 / -9

Wow, I can tell this scandal has legs! I wonder if Larry Sinclair was invited??

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +824 / 7 / -2

I'm with this guy.

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +970 / 2 / -9

I agree, where were all of them, Fox, Drudge, Coulter, Hannity etc etc.

GOD DAMN POLITICIAN PIG FILTH SH!T GRINNING BASTARD BASTARDS
    ROTTEN SCURVY MEDIA MAGGOTS

12. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +353 / 7 / -4

I think it depends on how much $ was spent, and who attended.

if it's millions of dollars and it was just "friends of Obama," I agree. If it was a couple hundred thousand (I'm assuming any public event starts at that kind of figure at the WH due to security) and members of the public were invited (somebody mentioned kids w/Depp as the Mad hAtter), I have no problem with it.

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +970 / 2 / -9

Does anybody know if Jug Ears wore a costume......:confused:

14. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +328 / 0 / -2

I agree with everything you said here, except the "we keep electing the same people over and over and over"

It's way past the time when the American people actually have a choice in who is elected. Sure, we can go vote. But, the only people that make it to the important elections are those that have proven they are corrupt and controllable.

Politics seem to be like a video game or game show where you need a higher score to move to the next level and that score is based on a combination of how easy you are able to be bought and how well you can hide that you were bought.

It starts at the local level with people that really care and really have good intentions and as it moves each level higher those people slowly get weeded out and superseded by the ones that have a better corruption score.

Once you hit President you have won the game and the American people have lost.

15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is this a major scandal? Probably not.

Is this the sort of thing that republicans get crucified for by the media while that same media gladly and willingly turn a blind eye to the same behavior from a democrat? Yup.

16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

See your sig?

Do that.;)

...and please, the "if this were a Republican" jiveis a bit tired and I hear Rushbo and Hannity doing it all the time. It's a bit boring and not very useful. Not saying everything needs to be useful but...I guess if you feel the need...

Reagan got a free ride for 8 years. Granted, the Bush Boys didn't do the party stuff as much as OB, Reagan and Clinton, but they weren't dragged over the coals any more than they should have. At least it didn't seem that way to me.

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +970 / 2 / -9

Who said "Let them eat cake" somebody like Michelle.......:confused:

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +970 / 2 / -9

Aunt Zucchini and Uncle Zongo were there and nobody knew it.

19. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +353 / 7 / -4

While I generally agree with you, I'm not too impressed w/the folks I've seen in my limited dealings with local politics, either. most either have their own (rather narrow) personal agendas that drive them, are intoxicated with the little "power" they do have or both.

20. Texxx

Texxx Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +18 / 25 / -36

Who gives a **** what party it is?? How about holding these politicians feet to the fire on both sides. The last time I checked we've got a ton of stooges running for office on the Republican ticket and a con artist as a President currently. Before him, we had a complete disaster in Dubya.

Guess what, the Democrats and the Republicans are a bunch of crooks, and the sooner that people acknowledge this and stop this ridiculous bipartisanship for their side like a bunch of homers who look through rose colored glasses when viewing what their party does, it will be the rest of us that have to suffer and watch this country go down the drain because of the blind loyalty to one's party.