PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media Should Back Off Of Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know his politics.

I know his religious point of view.

In the meantime, I'm here on a football forum talking about the media's continued focus on a QB who went 10-21 and 9-26 in his last two games. The other QB in the game last night set NFL records for TD and went relatively unnoticed.

You, evidently, have other motives.
I am the one who said the media should back off.

You are the one who said he wouldn't let them, and if I don't know that I don't know him.

You are the one who brought in religion and his antiabortion ad.

How do I have other motives, when I say that the media should back off of the focus on Tebow, and you turn it into an argument about Tebow and his religion.

Your post is actually kind of correct, but you have you and I backwards.

I also find it disingenous that you accuse me of putting words in your mouth when I draw the conclusion that is obvious from your post that you disagree with his politics/slash religion, and you have now danced around answering it twice.
As you say, that says more about you than it does about me.

Shouting from the mountain top letting everyone know the good deeds you've done is the opposite of class in my book.

To quote my own post:

Also, anyone who is personally committed to charitable works (religious or secular) and doesn't take full advantage of free publicity is really doing their cause(s) a disservice.

Whether either of us think that's "classy" or not is pretty much irrelevant.

Shouting from the mountain top letting everyone know the good deeds you've done is the opposite of class in my book.

To his credit, I think he is doing it not for self-glorification reasons, but for getting the religious message out there. It's not like he is Lebron James or Paris Hilton.

That being said, those here claiming that he isn't actively looking to engage the media and hound them for attention (for his message, not necessarily himself) are exhibiting incredible naivete.

Last edited:
Part of me thinks he says this crap just because he knows it helps his image and he knows the media goes bananas over it. I think he seems like a genuinely good person, but at the same time, he plays into his image...
Could be. But really are you going to kill a guy for commenting on feeling good that he could help a kid in today's society when you see 5 stories about kids being harmed for every one about them being helped?
I am not pro or anti Tebow in the least, but when we try to find evil motives in making a comment about helping a kid, I think we can find a lot worse things to be upset about.

Agree completely! I will always root for such a classy kid! There are plenty of polar opposites of him in sports, and he's a great role model for many. I hope he figures out his mechanics and becomes a great QB, losing in the AFC Championship game every year..........................................to the PATRIOTS! :)

Pretty much all the Tebow media stuff, is generated by the media..

Tebow, as a QB is not that good, so far. Tebow the person, is just what the NFL needs, in terms of reputation (players like pacman and plaxico should never have been re-enstated).

He is religous, so what. Do you want to have NFL players, like the NBA has?

He is humble in success and defeat. Sportsmanship.

Q: What do you call a QB who goes 10-21 and 9-26 in successive games?

One and one and done.

In his defense his passer rating was 125 in the Pittsburgh game. That is pretty high and a good game even for the holy trinity of Brady, Brees and Rodgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back