PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media Should Back Off Of Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nantz and Simms were nauseating Tebowfiles down the stretch considering the performance this team including possibly the greatest QB to ever play the game and the worst defense in the history of the world had turned in all night long.

We get it. Everyone loves Tim 'cause he's such a good person and even though he won college championships and the Heisman he's an underdog because he never learned how to play the game at this level.

The media needs to get over themselves. Quit creating these storylines and then fighting tooth and nail to keep them viable. You mediots set him up to fail as you do so many between your pronouncements he'd never amount to anything and your insufferable insistance that he was somehow not only a season savior but the the new face of the position if not the league. He was a third string developmental QB who got thrown into the fray when nothing was working early on in a new administrations first season and his team rallied around him for all they were worth. But in the end backing into the playoffs and a division win and being overlooked by a beat up but arrogant as ever Steelers team was all it or his season amounted to. And it may or may not be all it ever amounts to.

Those two *******s sounded depressed throughout the telecast and said nothing for long periods of time, I preferred their silence to anything they had to say. Might have been the worst telecast ever.

Those two *******s sounded depressed throughout the telecast and said nothing for long periods of time, I preferred their silence to anything they had to say. Might have been the worst telecast ever.

Might??? My 80 year old aunts were throwing pretzels at the big screen TV with the rest of the family today...just nauseating

Let me guess: Tebow makes certain people feel insecure about their daily lives?

No, not at all. Pathetic you would even try to go there. How about searching out a Tebow messageboard. Trying to talk football on this one.

I agree. Tim Tebow is a really classy guy. It's tough to hate him when he's so generous and kind. He's a real hard worker.

No, not at all. Pathetic you would even try to go there. How about searching out a Tebow messageboard. Trying to talk football on this one.

The point there isn't any reason to get personal. Keep it about football, if that is what you want to do. I don't need a Tebow messageboard anyhow!

Christopher Hitchens is somewhere having a great laugh at the lunacy.

That is not the point. The media builds up people like Tebow, Britney Spears, Michael Jackson and then dump on them first opportunity they get. In tebow case, the media hype him so much, it creates the opposite effect with fans of other teams. Even the players in the NFL is tired of him..because of the media..lol

The media doesn't force him to use disabled people like props for interviews or segments to run before a game, the media doesn't force him to pray on the sidelines - away from his team mates but with perfect sight lines to the nearest camera, the media doesn't force him to bring them along to any hospital visits or charity stuff, the media doesn't force him to insult people that have different beliefs than him, the media doesn't force him to use his religious beliefs like a line on a PR release or resume, etc.

All that is his choice. So if he gets some backlash for it it's somewhat a self inflicted wound.

Last edited:
I've said Tebow sucks from day one. That joke will be out of the league within 3 years.

Nantz and Simms were agenda driven from the outset tonight. That's what 5 weeks in a cult does to you. That fabulous Gronk TD catch - Tom called it one of the best he's ever seen, was just the start. Friggin' ball never moved. Watching the very obvious laces was the proof, and any idiot could see that. Well, apparently almost any idiot. They sounded beyond disappointed when the ref upheld the call on the field despite their combined certainty that it was clearly not a catch...

Simms was on the field with Tebow 2 hours before the game reportedly giving him pointers on passing in cold windy conditions.

Brady was a little upset with the media today saying they make it about personalities instead of about the game.

I've said Tebow sucks from day one. That joke will be out of the league within 3 years.

I think he would make a great Fullback and should try it out if Denver decides to draft Barkeley or someone decent next year in the 2013 draft.

Tebow is strong,breaks tackles and is elusive and has those qualities you look for in a back.

Tebow reminds me a little of former Steelers QB Kordell 'slash' Stewart who was better set as a WR and wasted his career sucking at his position.

The media is as ******ed as they come.

They're as wrong about Tebow as they are about New England's defense. It gets my blood boiling every time I hear them say NE's got the 32nd worse defense in the NFL just cause they look at yards. Broncos couldn't put up 10 points against this D, yet smoked the Steelers. This D mangled them the first time too but they really didn't have to as bad because they forced more turnovers. Tonight they just showed what they could do.

It's really beginning to get ridiculous to keep relying on yards. How STUPID do you have to be to constantly rank a team or players by yards instead of points?

Ok maybe they are not smart enough to understand efficiency and yard per point, which would have shown them NE's been #2 most efficient defense, above the #3 Pittsburg D....BUT they can't be that stupid that they don't understand points are more important than yards, can they? Always have been and always will.

Even Alex Smith said it tonight when asked how many yards Drew Brees would get. He said he was more interested in outscoring Brees and he did. Brady set all kinds of points records in his historic win tonight. In 2007 it was also all about the points.

Since when did it become all about yards and completion %? Brees got exposed. Got the yards but not the points, and threw the interceptions.
Guys like Brady, Rodgers, Smith even Tebow and Flacco...they get you the points. That's what you need to win the football game. Points.

And good defenses stop the points. It's gone beyond ******ed. Granted Brady can also put up the completion % and yards, but he's more concerned with TD's and Interceptions. That's what all smart quarterbacks and passers try to do.

Tebow reminds me a little of former Steelers QB Kordell 'slash' Stewart who was better set as a WR and wasted his career sucking at his position.
Tim Tebow = a left-handed Eric Crouch

Peter King apparently graced Gillette with his presence tonight. With Smith out dueling his OPOY Saturday if his MVP gets out dueled Sunday his head will explode. He opines in his piece that this team is suddenly looking better than 2007... And while Tim will get a full offseason and first team reps fir the first time (like Josh drafted then locked him in a closet 2 years ago) the Donkey's eventually will bring competition to camp next season.

The question will be whether offensive coordinator Mike McCoy will be able to improve Tebow's accuracy to the point where he can be an effective NFL starter. This game showed the huge gap between Tebow and Brady.

Then again, this game showed a gap between Brady and almost every quarterback in football. If he plays like this, with his tight ends and Welker such big weapons, the Patriots are going to be a very tough out in the conference title game and beyond.

Tom Brady, New England Patriots look dominant in win over Denver Broncos - Peter King - SI.com

Last edited:
Maybe his point was that helping people is more important than a football game. Some football fans will never understand that.

He was being interviewed after losing an NFL playoff game... This wasn't some random, day-off interview, it's a NFL sanctioned interview pertaining to an NFL game. Put the f8cking off-field **** aside and talk about the game your getting paid to play. THAT is the problem. We all realize life is more important than a game, but he's dodging the issue. It's disingenuous.

He dodges the questions and goes to the "oh, look at my off-field charity, I'm a great guy, it's a great day" when he loses, yet doesn't have any problem talking about a great win in detail. It's bulls$it and everyone is finally starting to see through it. Ochocinco does a lot of good off the field but you don't see him up at the podium talking about how he's satisfied with his awful season because helping others is more important.

How would it go if us normal people went up to our job reviews and glossed over all the negatives and problems and just talking about all the great stuff we did outside of our job? Our bosses would look at us and say "why the **** do I care what you do out side of here, we are talking about your job performance..."

The media is as ******ed as they come.

They're as wrong about Tebow as they are about New England's defense. It gets my blood boiling every time I hear them say NE's got the 32nd worse defense in the NFL just cause they look at yards. Broncos couldn't put up 10 points against this D, yet smoked the Steelers. This D mangled them the first time too but they really didn't have to as bad because they forced more turnovers. Tonight they just showed what they could do.

It's really beginning to get ridiculous to keep relying on yards. How STUPID do you have to be to constantly rank a team or players by yards instead of points?

Ok maybe they are not smart enough to understand efficiency and yard per point, which would have shown them NE's been #2 most efficient defense, above the #3 Pittsburg D....BUT they can't be that stupid that they don't understand points are more important than yards, can they? Always have been and always will.

Even Alex Smith said it tonight when asked how many yards Drew Brees would get. He said he was more interested in outscoring Brees and he did. Brady set all kinds of points records in his historic win tonight. In 2007 it was also all about the points.

Since when did it become all about yards and completion %? Brees got exposed. Got the yards but not the points, and threw the interceptions.
Guys like Brady, Rodgers, Smith even Tebow and Flacco...they get you the points. That's what you need to win the football game. Points.

And good defenses stop the points. It's gone beyond ******ed. Granted Brady can also put up the completion % and yards, but he's more concerned with TD's and Interceptions. That's what all smart quarterbacks and passers try to do.

Greetings,

I agree with most of what you are saying here, though I still see Brees as a top 3 Quarterback. I highly agree with your premise about how the media can beat things to death and stage propoganda, because that is what gets ratings. Especially that whole 32nd ranked defense foolishness they always throw out, but never mention 15th in points given up. It also funny to watch football "experts" who have not really analyzed this defense or watched them that much always throw it out(Warren Sapp).

These days sports "journalism" is about as much about entertainment than "Acces Hollywood". Actually analyzing and many times actual "facts" do not matter.
Celticboy04

Last edited:
If you're saying that the media should back off of Tebow after the loss Andy, then I respectfully disagree.

We all had to hear non-stop all week about his holiness, his beliefs, and his "magic." And that came on the heels of a downright pathetic stretch run that included losing 4 out of their last 5 games...

You reap the rewards with a win and solid QB'ing play, but it's not out of bounds to have the shoe on the other foot with poor play and a loss either.

Tebow has not played anywhere near anything half as good as the whole world has made him out to be, and if they are exposing that now--then so be it.

He's a nice kid, a refreshing change from many of the thugs in the NFL. He's a "good guy;" but there are many, many other "good guys" in the NFL as well.

Tim Tebow is a genuine big story because:
A) he was a very successful QB in college
B) Conventional wisdom and throngs of pundits said he is a terrible NFL QB
C) he was the replacement QB for a team that looked to be a bottom feeder
D) In his first game he looked awful and his opponents starkly mocked his ability to play
E) After that he helped take his team from bottom feeder to playoff contender with repeated last minute heroics using highly unorthodox QB play
F) He is now a well known celebrity who shuns the oft chosen conspicuous high life while wearing his religion on his sleeve.

That is a big sports story and some of the initial/on going attention paid him was/is justified. However, as is the M.O. of the media, they overplayed the story ad nauseum (see The Kardashians for the ultimate proof of this). That has nothing to do with Tim Tebow and everything to do with the state of the media. And as is the nature of the beast, there will be some who are irked at the over abundance of attention paid him. The annoyance is understandable but the direction of it at Tebow is misplaced. The state of the media is where your ire should be directed.
Like his unorthodox QB play or not, like the mass quantity of attention paid him or not, like his tendency to occasionally use the media afforded bully pulpit to highlight his religiously motivated philanthropic work or not......I don't see a lot to dislike about Tim Tebow the man. A nice kid, well spoken, looks to help his fellow man, plays the game hard and strives hard for victory but not with that 'it's all about me' mindset, and at least from what I have seen I have not come away feeling he is insisting you need to be part of his religious organization (and I am agnostic who understands the A.B.C.s of religious organizations).
The NFL would be well served to have more people like Tebow (which they do but they are not afforded the bully pulpit). And in my personal opinion, the world in general would be better off with more people in it like Tim Tebow. And, imho, personal attacks on him, outside of his QB play, are a display of the less than stellar side of the human condition.

The other thing I would note, his on field "Tebow-ing" is just a more demonstrative version of the well used pointing to the sky when you score a TD. I've never understood its application but ultimately never thought it a negative thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back