PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media reports on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean we have to go back to being the little known underdogs again?

I don't want to give up my "Big Bad Superior" Pats fan chip on my shoulder.

Al Michaels just reported that the Pats are bringing in Chris Simms for a try out. That doesn't lead me to think Brady is ok.

Al Michaels just reported that the Pats are bringing in Chris Simms for a try out. That doesn't lead me to think Brady is ok.

No, see, this is all just part of BB's devious plan... he's having Simms in tomorrow to throw off the other team, make them think Brady's hurt.

In fact, I think BB is soooo devious that he's going to hold Brady out for the rest of the season and the playoffs, just to fool everyone into thinking Brady's hurt.

This is horrid news. I'm devastated. Matt Cassell to lead us to where exactly? ****!!!!!

No, see, this is all just part of BB's devious plan... he's having Simms in tomorrow to throw off the other team, make them think Brady's hurt.

In fact, I think BB is soooo devious that he's going to hold Brady out for the rest of the season and the playoffs, just to fool everyone into thinking Brady's hurt.

Even if Brady were to miss one or two weeks only (which they probably do not know for sure yet) BB would still bring someone in. They will NOT play a game with O'connell as backup QB, he will be the emergency QB ALL season long.

Reiss just mentioned this in his blog...

He says the can't confirm or deny it, but it appears the pats are bracing for with a season without brady..

UGH>

Last edited:
Even if Brady were to miss one or two weeks only (which they probably do not know for sure yet) BB would still bring someone in. They will NOT play a game with O'connell as backup QB, he will be the emergency QB ALL season long.

You're just kidding yourself. If they thought Brady would be out for a week or two, they absolutely would have O'Connel as the #2 QB. Either that or bring Guttierez back for a couple weeks.

Schefter reported it to NFL.com. He's very rarely wrong.
When will it get better for Pats fans? 2006 AFCCG, 2007 Super Bowl, 2008 Brady-less...what gives?

You're just kidding yourself. If they thought Brady would be out for a week or two, they absolutely would have O'Connel as the #2 QB. Either that or bring Guttierez back for a couple weeks.

And if Brady is out 4 to 6 weeks because of a STRAIN, then what? The Pats aren't going to go that long without a veteran.

Also, does anyone else find it wierd that NBC and the idiots Michaels and Madden have this information before Mike Reiss? I'm going to be honest. I think some dumb nut saw Reiss piece on the Brady injury where Reiss speculated that the Patriots would be making move that would involve Chris Simms, Culpepper, Vinny T or Gutierrez and jumped to the conclusion that Simms was coming in for a physical.

Also, the Patriots bringing in people for physicals and try-outs is not new. They do it regularly. That doesn't mean they are going to sign that person. And I can pretty much guarantee you that if they sign Simms, he'll be the back-up and not the starter.

So, people shouldn't ASSUME that this is something out of the ordinary or that its a sign of impending doom. Could it be? Yes. Is it? Only time will tell.

Schefter reported it to NFL.com. He's very rarely wrong.
When will it get better for Pats fans? 2006 AFCCG, 2007 Super Bowl, 2008 Brady-less...what gives?

Did you read it? All it does is cite Schefter:

Brady suffered a serious knee injury against the Chiefs that will end his 2008 season, reports NFL Network’s Adam Schefter.

As others have said, I'm holding out for an official report. It very may be that where there's smoke there's fire, but you never know. All it takes with these sorts of things is one person saying something that gets taken out of context, then everyone is citing them as a source, then others are citing those people as sources, etc. Haven't we learned anything from the Rams walkthrough fiasco?

And if Brady is out 4 to 6 weeks because of a STRAIN, then what? The Pats aren't going to go that long without a veteran.

Also, does anyone else find it wierd that NBC and the idiots Michaels and Madden have this information before Mike Reiss? I'm going to be honest. I think some dumb nut saw Reiss piece on the Brady injury where Reiss speculated that the Patriots would be making move that would involve Chris Simms, Culpepper, Vinny T or Gutierrez and jumped to the conclusion that Simms was coming in for a physical.

Also, the Patriots bringing in people for physicals and try-outs is not new. They do it regularly. That doesn't mean they are going to sign that person. And I can pretty much guarantee you that if they sign Simms, he'll be the back-up and not the starter.

So, people shouldn't ASSUME that this is something out of the ordinary or that its a sign of impending doom. Could it be? Yes. Is it? Only time will tell.

Wait, since when has Reiss *ever* reported something FIRST? I appreciate Reiss hard work and dutiful reporting, but c'mon -- the guy doesn't report anything big until after Stacey James has told him how he wants it spun.

Look, I hate it as much as you do, but the fact is that we've got reports from a number of different sources saying torn ACL, we've got reports of players talking about it being Cassel's team from now on, we've got the Pats' sudden interest in Simms, and now we've got reports of BB telling players to prepare for a Cassel-led season.

Face it: Brady's done for the year. The evidence at this point is overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back