PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media reports on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
King says he has talked to sources who says brady will miss quote ¨significant if not all" of the season
michael smith on ESPN says BB gave a speech to the players in the locker room how both kurt warner and brady replaced injured QBś and had good seasons.
Trent Dilfer says he spoke to someone on the pats who said they have to play without him
michael silver says torn ACL
borges says torn ACL
Favre says ACL

thought i would consolidate it all in one place, but they all seem quite -ve about the outcome.

I never thought things would be worse (or i would feel worse) than the end of last years superbowl..

Right now, I wish i could feel that over what I am feeling now.

I hope they are wrong.. if not, hang in there Tom Brady

I'm so bummed about this. I hope he gets better and that Giselle does a lot of, um, nursing, along the way.

King says he has talked to sources who says brady will miss quote ¨significant if not all" of the season
michael smith on ESPN says BB gave a speech to the players in the locker room how both kurt warner and brady replaced injured QBś and had good seasons.
Trent Dilfer says he spoke to someone on the pats who said they have to play without him
borges says torn ACL
Favre says ACL

thought i would consolidate it all in one place, but they all seem quite -ve about the outcome.
Like everyone else, I'm devastated. But I'm also disgusted by the unbridled joy the jerks in the media who hate the Patriots Ron ("The Biggest Cheater of All Time) Borges and Michael (I Hate Everything) Felger are feeling.

borges says torn ACL
Favre says ACL

and what do they ALL have in common?

none of them site a specified source...

:rolleyes:

That might have something to do with how much trouble the various players and Pats employees would be in if they were named in the press.

emoney_33 says it's a sprained MCL out 4-6 weeks.

I really have as good a chance as them to be right.

emoney_33 says it's a sprained MCL out 4-6 weeks.

I really have as good a chance as them to be right.

So what you're saying is that you have info from multiple collaborating sources, too?

EXACTLY! The point is, is that everything we read and hear consists of speculation. No sources are cited. Only rumours and rumours of rumours.

Until someone from the Patriots organisation steps up to the mic and reads a statement about Brady's condition, all we are doing is worrying ourselves silly.

Certainly we can prepare for the worst outcome, but it may be far less than that and I am willing to wait and hear it from the horse's mouth, rather than the horse's @ss.

The games will be played regardless of who is under center, and to be frank, from what i saw today, we aren't in bad hands. Yeah, of course he isn't Tommy Boy, but he ain't chopped liver either. Cassell looked calm and steady, not a panicked sign anywhere, and the rest of the trsam played well for him. If he gets all the reps with the first team, we won't be in any worse shape than when Brady came in for an injured Bledsoe.

But seriously, folks. Let's just hold on for a bit until the official word gets out. King? Borges? Felger? Are you guys serious? Since when have any of us given a rat's patoot about what those Nimrods have to say. Might as well give a guest column to the Large One from the herald and be done with fact-based considerations and fill up the board with hearsay and innuendo.

Oh wait.... never mind... sheesh! :rolleyes:

So what you're saying is that you have info from multiple collaborating sources, too?

well, actually I said that it looked like an MCL sprain too (check my post history) - so there you have two sources! :D

Multiple sources?

Here's my theory, ready...

Some lower level patriots employee or security guard, hears the trainers say to another, or to a coach "It's bad, we're gonna have to play with Cassel" meaning they would have to play today with Cassel.

This employee/guard calls his media sources and reports what he heard, then they wildly speculate off of that along with Pollard's report that he heard Brady scream into "torn ACL!". In this day and age, getting things out FIRST is more important than being RIGHT so no one cares.

I didn't see any hyperextension or twisting/rotation of the knee so that makes ACL less likely in my unprofessional 0-source eyes :)

I wont believe anything til Reiss reports it

I'm a medical doctor, (you can see www.derok.net for some confirmation) and I personally have a hard time believing he's done for the year. I initially thought MCL sprain as well when looking at the hit. I think worse case it's an MCL tear and would be surprised if it was his ACL. I was thinking all day that Tom should be back by the time we actually play a decent team before all these rumours began to swirl.

This didn't look half as bad as when Carson Palmer went down.

borges says torn ACL
Favre says ACL

What do all these people have in common? Not a single one of them has direct acccess to the Patriots Medical staff. Not one.

Ron Borges, like John Tomase, is persona non-grata with the Patriots. NO ONE would tell him anything.

Favre is an idiot who should STFU and just play football...

How the hell would Michael Silver know what happened in the Pats locker-room? Answer? He wouldn't. He wouldn't be allowed in there and everyone in there knows the party line.

well, actually I said that it looked like an MCL sprain too (check my post history) - so there you have two sources! :D

If, I mean, when we turn out to be right we need to start getting paid for our abilities :D

I'm a medical doctor, (you can see www.derok.net for some confirmation) and I personally have a hard time believing he's done for the year. I initially thought MCL sprain as well when looking at the hit. I think worse case it's an MCL tear and would be surprised if it was his ACL. I was thinking all day that Tom should be back by the time we actually play a decent team before all these rumours began to swirl.

This didn't look half as bad as when Carson Palmer went down.

Will you agree that it is 100% impossible to definitively tell what it is until the MRI results tomorrow? So basically all this bull**** speculating is just that, speculation.

How the hell would Michael Silver know what happened in the Pats locker-room? Answer? He wouldn't. He wouldn't be allowed in there and everyone in there knows the party line.

Actually, Silver is the one name I do trust when it comes to Brady info. I believe he's close to Brady and the family from way back, and he always gets Brady information and quotes that other reporters don't.

This just blows. Even putting aside the rest of this season, it just sucks to see a HOF player like Brady lose a season in his prime. It hurts the whole league, IMO. This has got to be one of the most devastating injuries to a NEw England/Boston athlete that I can remember...

As for the rest of this season, well, you never know in this league. That's about all the optimism I can muster at this point.

I don't think he has a torn ACL. I've torn my ACL and it is not painful. It was reported that he screamed in pain on the field. I think it could be similar to what happened to Paul Pierce and the Patriots are just being cautious as they always are. I'm not saying he's not injured, just not an ACL. Would anybody here put it past the Patriots to put out some misinformation via an "unnamed source"?

All I know is that this hurts like hell. I feel so bad, like I'm in mourning, I wish all these idoits ambulance chasers would leave us alone to support each other without the bull##@T and the dragging slowdown of the site....

borges says torn ACL
Favre says ACL

There is absolutely, positively, no way anyone can know how hurt Tom is right now. The MRI is always taken the day after the injury in order to let the damage set in, so that you can analyze it better. None of them can posibly know the extent of Brady's injury. If the Pats medical staff had any suspicion of a torn ACL, do you really think they would have let him walk of the field under his own power. Walking on a torn ligament could easy worsen the tear, or tear subsequent ligaments. Had it really been a torn ACL do you really think the cart would not have been brought onto the field. I mean I know gas is expencive and all, but preserving the knee of our star qb would probably warrant that ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back