PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media Reaction to Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPat

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Is anyone else a little surprised that the media has been relatively low key about all this so far? Having watched Sportscenter, and read some columns, it seems to me this is not the 24/7 drama I was afraid it was going to be.

Granted this can all get a lot worse if there are any criminal charges filed, or maybe the woman will come out and say more stuff. But so far at least, the media has not been hysterical about it. And everyone has mentioned that Moss is not being accused of anything criminal.

Is it all because Moss went right out and said what he did before this story had a chance to blow up? Is the media actually learning to hold back from jumping to all manner of conclusions when they realize they don't have many facts?

Is anyone else a little surprised that the media has been relatively low key about all this so far? Having watched Sportscenter, and read some columns, it seems to me this is not the 24/7 drama I was afraid it was going to be.

Granted this can all get a lot worse if there are any criminal charges filed, or maybe the woman will come out and say more stuff. But so far at least, the media has not been hysterical about it. And everyone has mentioned that Moss is not being accused of anything criminal.

Is it all because Moss went right out and said what he did before this story had a chance to blow up? Is the media actually learning to hold back from jumping to all manner of conclusions when they realize they don't have many facts?

I'll agree with you after I read what Felger writes Thursday. He's already harping on this being the reason for Moss having 1 catch Saturday. On second thought why even read what he writes?

I am far removed from the situation. From here it looks like someone is trying to steal money from Moss. Maybe they see the same thing?

Granted this can all get a lot worse if there are any criminal charges filed, or maybe the woman will come out and say more stuff.

If a criminal complaint was going to be filed, it would have happened by now. The incident is at least a week old and any evidence/testimony becomes exponentially less useful with time. The woman could address the media or file a civil suit, but that would just serve to destroy any credibility she had.

The circumstances around this incident may never be known, but the simplest explanation is likely the best one:

• They had a long-term relationship (with expectations attached)
  • They had a falling-out that seemed permanent to her
  • An incident occurred and she suffered some kind of injury
  • She threatened him and he told her to keep her trap shut
  • She gets a lawyer, determined to salvage something from the relationship
  • With a civil/criminal complaint not looking good, she decides to bargain her silence for some cash
  • He declines to play ball
  • She goes for a restaining order. Gets her side of the story on public record with limited/no burden of proof
  • One last chance for a cash settlement. Again, no way.

She has until the hearing on the 28th to get a settlement. At that point, Moss gets his side of the story on record. The judge extends/removes the restraining order (doesn't matter either way) and that is all she wrote.

She may have been a victim of assault, but the sequence of events don't support that scenario. There may be police/criminal proceedings that we don't know about. Unless/until we find out about something like that, this is really of limited significance and is likely why the media has been kind of quiet.

I was pleasantly suprised by the ESPN NFL Live coverage, played the randy footage without cutting it up to make like he said "I killed the b!tch and now I'm gonna kill all ya'll", stressed that no charges have been filed, and gave the overall tone that this whole thing is suspect.

of course that douche canoe felger is gonna put the 1 catch game on this, for him it's win win; he HAS to blame it on something and this way he can kinda make people think he's blaming it on the woman instead of blaming it on randy slacking or some crap like that. how bout this felgy: moss had a 1 catch game but was responsible for 60% of the other catches made in the game because he made the Jags play with 9 men on D.....no no, that can't be right....

Everyone in the media seems to realize there's a VERY good possiblity Randy's being set up on this one.

Some don't care and will fan the flames anyway - but most realize they are going to have to work with this guy long term.

Maybe after the Sean Taylor murder and the duke case, they've learned to wait for the facts to come out, instead of jumping to conclusion. Anyways that's my hope.:)

i would wait a couple of days before letting the media off the hook. iam sure when they will find nothing to write they will bring this up in the coming days.

they are spending too many resources covering what a jerk rivers is.

I think he was sincere in the press availability. Saying the same on a transcript read horribly, so his manner and body language won the day.

I would have felt better knowing exactly how she got "hurt", but I imagine any sane lawyer would never let him touch that issue with a ten foot pole.

Felger is still buttsore that Randy didn't go to join Felger's binky favre, so count on him to behave in a way that will make him a disgrace as an objective or Boston reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes