PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media Predictions: Week 14, Pats at Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big props to Mr. Sellers for compiling all these excerpts and links. Made for some easy reading. :)

Big props to Mr. Sellers for compiling all these excerpts and links. Made for some easy reading. :)
Thanks; I know some of these aren't exactly mainstream media, but I do find these predictions interesting - and sometimes amusing.

SGN Editor Matt Loede’s NFL Week 14 Picks Bears Gab
New England at Chicago – A great game between two teams that have visions of a Super Bowl XX rematch in early February. The Pats put the Jets in a stranglehold Monday night, crushing them 45-3. As for the Bears, they had a tough time, but overcame a tough Lions team to pull out a win. The Pats always seem to get up for tough games on the road, more so late in the year. Hard to see them having a letdown, even after a Monday night game in which they played near perfect. New England 28 Chicago 27

Right now it is 15-6 in favor of Chicago on this Bears fan site: Scout.com: OFFICIAL - Bears vs Patriots - Prediction Thread

These two guys in this 15 minute audio preview both think the Bears will win; one says 27-20 and the other says 27-24.
Jake and Dave In The Afternoon Week 14 Preview: Patriots @ Bears | Bears Backer

My Turn to Answer the Patriots Blog about the Chicago Bears | Bears Headquarters
Jonathan of Bears Headquarters: I really want to pick the Patriots, but for some reason, I am thinking this game will be a let-down game for the Patriots. Plus, with the turf issues at Soldier Field I’m not sure the Patriots understand what’s involved with this field. The offense of the Patriots and the defense of the Chicago Bears are the story of this game. Whatever unit wins here will win the game. Our special teams are strong and our offense is statistically a little better than the Patriot’s defense but I’m not convinced its the difference. So we’ll go Chicago 21 Patriots 17. But trust me I don’t feel great about this pick. And with the weather supposedly going to be terrible, all bets are off.

My Interview with a Patriots Blogger | Bears Headquarters
Chris Ranson of Patriots Chronicle: ”I like the New England Patriots. I think the Chicago Bears can hang in with New England during the first half, but as the game progresses I believe Tom Brady finds a way to pick apart Brian Urlacher. Both teams play good defense and most people expect this game to be a defensive contest. I’m taking New England 35 to 31 in an offensive shoot out in the snow.”

Patriots at Bears Game Preview - Da' Bears Blog
I think this is going to be a low-scoring game. And in low-scoring, cold weather games I will take the better run game and special teams.
Chicago Bears 13 - New England Patriots 10

Baltimore Sun staff NFL picks: Week 14 - Baltimore Sun
Ken Murray: Patriots
Mike Preston: Patriots
Mark Viviano: Patriots
Kevin Cowherd: Patriots
Edward Lee: Bears
Peter Schmuck: Patriots
Jamison Hensley: Patriots

NFL Picks & Pans: Week 14 - Baltimore Beatdown
Patriots over Bears: Should be a very good game with two division leaders duking it out. However, I like the precision of Tom Brady over the brash, inconsistency of Jay Cutler, and hence, my pick of New England even though the game will be in the cold of Chicago.

Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Week 14 | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Patriots have already beaten the other top teams in the AFC -- Jets, Steelers, Ravens -- by a combined 58 points. Now, with the Bears and Packers in back-to-back weeks, they get a chance to start knocking off some of the NFC's top teams.

Prediction: Patriots, 28-20

NFL Week 14 Picks: Steelers Vs. Bengals, Jaguars Vs. Raiders, Bears Vs. Patriots, Chargers Vs. Chiefs - SB Nation Pittsburgh
Wow, what an impressive performance by Tom Brady and the New England Patriots this past Monday night. They put any questions about who's the best team in the AFC to rest with their 45-3 beatdown of the Jets. Now, the Patriots face an out-of-conference test against the Chicago Bears. I see Brady & Co. staying hot and covering the three points. But an even better play in my mind, even if you're not the type to ever bet the over/under, is the over. 44 total points between those two teams? I think they'll soar past that total by the third quarter at the latest. Pick: Patriots to cover; Over 44

This week's NFL picks | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati Enquirer
New England (-3) at Chicago

The Bears have won five straight but the Patriots have won 20 of their last 21 regular-season games against the NFC.

Patriots 24-20

The Star's week 14 NFL picks - KansasCity.com | The Kansas City Star
Patriots 17, Bears 16 - Sam Mellinger
Bears 20, Patriots 17 - Randy Covitz
Patriots 36, Bears 21 - Kent Babb
Patriots 24, Bears 21 - Adam Teicher

Week 14 NFL picks - SignOnSanDiego.com | San Diego Union-Tribune
Patriots minus 3 vs. Bears: If Chicago wins this one, I’ll finally believe.

Ughh are any of you watching sportscenter right now? they were talking about the Patriots-Bears in the elements briefly before going to commercial break and they started talking about the winds. Chris Carter says "it won't effect the Patriots receivers so much because they're short lower to the ground so the wind won't hit them!" then he and TJ start laughing hysterically while Chris Carter sticks his tongue out. What is up with these guys?

NFLN ...irvin and mooch pick the pats, sapp and faulk pick the bears. Faulk's reasoning
"Its a revenge game.For the first time since 2001 mike martz and lovie smith are on the same field together vs bill belichick.Its personal"

i wonder if he picks games as personal too.

NFLN ...irvin and mooch pick the pats, sapp and faulk pick the bears. Faulk's reasoning
"Its a revenge game.For the first time since 2001 mike martz and lovie smith are on the same field together vs bill belichick.Its personal"

i wonder if he picks games as personal too.

Oooh, it's personal. THAT should settle it then.:rolleyes:

Pathetic.

Last edited:
Re: Media Predictions: Week 14, Pats at Bearsf

In the first paragraph of your post you were right on the money. However outside of QB and OL where exactly do you see our TANGIBLE advantage in personnel??. Quite the contrary, it looks to me that it is Chicago who has a number of "tangible personnel" advantages at RB, more explosive WRs, kick returners - DL, Pass rushers, LBs And in the area where we have the advantage QB - it isn't as large as it was last week.

When you consider all the "intangible" obstacles you mentioned in your first paragraph, and add the personnel issues, I can't believe there aren't more "mediots" who are picking the Bears. I'd feel real good about our chances on a good field with decent weather. All those obstacles and the bad weather makes me nervous. A few lucky bounces either way will decide this game.
WR and RB? I think Patriots are clearly better. Bears may have the worst WR corps in the NFL.
I like our secondary better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back