Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Two recent examples:

From CHFF:

New England (feels like 2003)
The 2003 Patriots played ugly, boring football but methodically crushed their opponents on their way to a 14-2 record.

The 2006 Patriots play ugly, boring football but have been methodically crushing their opponents on their way to a 5-1 record.

And from Peter King:

4. New England (5-1). Efficient, smart, silent, boring assassins.

Well, I suppose if you're not a fan. . . . :rocker:

Last edited:
to be honest, doesnt bother me all that much. Many sunday's i find it real hard to watch some teams.

And yet they've given what many have said were 2 of the most exciting Super Bowls in the past 10-15 years, vs Rams and Panthers! Go figure!

I take it as a compliment in both instances. The Pats are an emotionless, methodical machine. They aren't flashy or dazzling, but they get the job done. That's been the trademark of this dynasty.

Saying that his team is, boring in a dominating sort of way, is probably the nicest thing anyone ever said about BB. I bet that in their heart of hearts Browns' fans are kicking themselves for rejecting this 'boring' style of Football.

PatsChick87 said:
And yet they've given what many have said were 2 of the most exciting Super Bowls in the past 10-15 years, vs Rams and Panthers! Go figure!

They save it for when it counts. :p

Just the latest media hit job on our team. An easy way to brush us off as not worth taking the time to talk about in depth, cause what is there to say. We only have the winningest % Q.B. in history, the rookie of the year, and the best developing WR line-up in recent memory. A top defense with that boring dude that came back from a stroke and the snoozer who came back from 3 torn liagments.

Yeah, boring. Let's talk about the Colts or something. They play such soft football, it's really cool. And they always are fun because they whine so much.

Or whoever is the flavor of the month.

This could be the start of the most in-your-face campaign against the Pats. The media can no longer sweep us aside, or call us one hit wonders, or talk about the fact that we lost the kicker and WR and Wille. So now the rapidly repeated sound bite will be that we are boring, and onto the next team.

A total brush off. We aren't worth talking about anymore. :rolleyes:

ctpatsfan77 said:
Two recent examples:

From CHFF:

And from Peter King:

Well, I suppose if you're not a fan. . . . :rocker:

Same thing I wrote last week and got ripped by the rest of the guys here.

This dynasty is formed on the basis of domination. We WIN. We don't make it pretty. Sometimes, it's just ugly. Other times, it comes down to the last second. But we GET THE JOB DONE. That is PATRIOTS footbal. That's the way it's always been since Brady blessed us with his arm and Belicheck with his great coaching.

This is why I get so frustrated when we complain about our bend but don't break defense. This is why I get so mad when people complain about all the little things that define teams like the Colts, NOT the Patriots. (This is also why I've never been in doubt of the result of any game this year at any point in the game--except Denver. We DON"T lose to the Jets, Bills, Dolphins, no matter WHAT. We FIND a way to win. I was SHOCKED to see some of you, some veterans, be worried about the bills game when it was 14-3.) Sure, some may consider us boring. But we win. And we always find a way to do so.

That's Pats football at its finest.

Peter King is boring. And fat.

CHFF is obsessed w the Pats - and rightfully so - so when it calls the Pats boring, I think it's either sarcastic or a compliment in some weird way.

I like that.............Efficient, smart, silent, boring assassins.

New England Patriots = Assassins.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

I hope our opponents consider us boring enough to do less preparation to play us, but I doubt that is the case.

The media's opinion has always been fickle and unimportant.

who cares ? and if someone calls us "exciting" would he/she be telling the truth ?..
"just getting the job done" .thats the pats ..i could care less about wanting the media people call us exciting.
IMHO i think both peter king and CHFF are giving us props rather than any kinda of *disrespect*
i heard this on the dan patrickshow also...he said something like the pats just made it look easy ...no frills ...just run their plays and won against buffalo...
i personally like our team like this where everyone contributes so no one person gets the exciting label.

This team has something the 03 team does not. A run game to put opponents away. But make no mistake about it, this defense is powder puff compared to the defense we had that year. Vrabel, Bruschi, and McGinest musta had the best year ever of their career that year. Lets not forget how good the secondary was.

I don't take "boring" as an insult in this case. Some things you want boring. Your morning commute; the world news section of the paper. The less eventful the better. Give me efficient and predictable any day, and I'll gladly do without the heart attacks.

The irony is that Patriots games are all too seldom boring! 40-0 entering the 4th quarter is true boring football. The Patriots almost never play a game that will send viewers channel surfing early.

MMMM...oh please.

2003 had some of the most thrilling games I have ever seen from the Patriots. Right off the top of my head the game vs Denver. The win against Indy in the dome. There must have been other exciting games...the SB obviously being one.

2006...besides the first Bills' game and Fins game as well as the Denver one, I havent thought some of the games as that boring. I dont know maybe Maroney running wild vs the Bengals is boring. Maybe seeing Brady find Jackson and Gabriel and suprisingly they came out quickly by passing and not running. I am biassed so I'll say some of the games were fun to watch. But don't even tell me we are the most boring team in the league. Dolphins, Raiders and any of the other crappy teams in this league. I'm bored by the Redskins. The Broncos are boring. All of these teams are more boring than the Patriots. Watching Brunell running an offense nowadays is a yawner. The Broncos are a defensive team all the way and they have averaged little points per game. At least the Pats have something exciting now with Maroney and I dont see too many people on the Pats offense as boring.

The media's idea of exciting has nothing to do with football. It is about trash talking, touchdown dancing, disagreeing with the coach, insulting your QB, violating the league's substance abuse policy, and going on debaucherous cruises.

The Pats are boring because if the game is close you are confident they're going to win. That removes a lot of suspense.

They don't lose to teams they're supposed to beat, so their losses are understandable and mediots can't lose their heads over them. That is boring.

sdaniels7114 said:
Saying that his team is, boring in a dominating sort of way, is probably the nicest thing anyone ever said about BB. I bet that in their heart of hearts Browns' fans are kicking themselves for rejecting this 'boring' style of Football.
Now that stirs up an interesting thought that hadn't occurred to me before. What would it be like to be a Brown fan from Belichick's tenure there and realize that the Brown's let go a coach who would arguably become the best NFL coach of the decade and maybe even beyond that as only time will tell. That would be pretty disturbing I would think, especially if I were one of the fans that had cried out so loudly for Belichick to be driven out of town. Gosh.

Boring.

Sounds about right, even when I couldn't watch the game yesterday and I was in the chatroom, I wasn't paying attention to the game at all. It was, quite frankly, boring:) Just the way I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes