Welcome to PatsFans.com

Media ignores Soros to help democrats

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInEaglesLand, Jan 6, 2006.

1. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +100 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

http://www.aim.org/aim_column/4270_0_3_0_C/

"Soros makes Abramoff, who spent about $5 million on political influence operations, look like a piker. Soros reportedly spent $400 million in 2004 on his network of foundations and non-profit groups. In reference to his more than $20 million campaign to defeat President Bush in 2004, the National Legal and Policy Center filed a formal Complaint with the Federal Election Commission alleging that Soros had violated the Federal Election Campaign Act by failing to report significant expenditures."

2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +100 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

As I figured, you can't handle the truth.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
  3. JLC

JLC Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Soros = Abramoff on steroids

Business as usual in D.C.

4. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well, it's nice to see you compliment NEM, even if it is a typo.

He is right, though, both the GOP and the Dems have hundreds of ultra-rich donors that contribute to political causes. I don't know that Soros is hiding anything.

5. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,718 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

I believe that Soros et. al. way outspent the Rs on those 529 orgs created by McCain-Fiengold. But that's beside the point. The Abe scandals will hopefully purge congress of some of the fat cat Rs who abused public trust and abused power. Once a party is dominant for a while it seems to lose its values and becomes infected with corruption. These bozos aren't cuting wasteful spending and working towards a more competitive economy, they're feathering their nests. Good riddance. I'm just worried that nobody other than Abe is gonna do time.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

George Soros and the Slimey ACLU are hell bent on Changing America and America's Culture.

Bush beat the sh it out of them "TWICE"

7. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's a good thing somebody's pushing progress. If you lived 200 years ago, I'd bet you would be against abolishion and letting women vote ("let's not change American values"). You guys only embrace something once it's worn out.

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

You can do things legally or you can do things illegally. I assure you that the FEC has several Bush appointed members, and one can be confident that they are doing there job investigating impropriety by Soros. Perhaps the difference between Democrats and Republicans is that Democrats exploit the law, while Republicans break the law.

9. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The impropriety comes when a congressman changes his vote in response to a kickback. This is easily evidenced by Delay supporting the sweatshops in Saipan, which is counter to his established "moral" position. Abramoff is at the center of this little bribe.

Many of these people had not seen any of the world beyond their villages. Several Bangladeshi men, hired to work in security, were told and believed they could ride the train from Saipan to Los Angeles. Chinese workers who became pregnant were forced to return to China to have an abortion or else have it performed at a clinic on Saipan. Most of the immigrant workers were women, many of them mothers of small children. One could spot their arrivals in Saipan. They came off the plane and were hustled through immigration and aboard buses, their faces staring out in bewilderment and apprehension as the drivers sped through the winding back streets of the capital city. White beaches, emerald water, and resort hotels frequented by Korean and Japanese tourists were not the Saipan they saw. Their new homes were security-fenced compounds set far back in the jungle. With maybe a sheet thrown over a cord for privacy, the women slept on cots, as many as ten jammed in one small room. They had a dripping showerhead with no privacy or hot water, and a single toilet they lined up to share. Rats and ****roaches roamed freely. On the one day each week they were allowed to leave the compound, they were let out through a gate in a security fence by an armed guard. They had an early curfew, and knew better than to miss it. http://www.texasobserver.org/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=1743

Heres your "moral majority" truth moment. Step right up, righties, defend Delay as you have in the past and watch as egg begins to drip from your chin.

10. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why do only Republicans have "cronies"?

11. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

They don't, but you have to be in government to put your cronies in positions of power. So, when the next Dem gets elected, they will probably appoint their cronies and the Reps will complain..... As PWP said, purging a few lazy and corrupt politicians will do no harm at all.

12. JLC

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

[rant]
    Purge 'em all. Could someone please explain to me what danger there is in starting over from scratch? The only reason we even use the word "politician" is because we allow these buggers to go and stay in D.C. If there were ever a self-evident case for term limits, our congress has provided it over the last 40 years. I just don't understand why a clean slate could be worse than the cess pool we currently are experiencing.

For those of you who haven't been around long enough to see when the power pendulum swung the other direction, let me simply say that it matters not which political party is in power. Human nature is what it is. "Public servants" my gluteus maximus. Another phrase that should never have been brought into existence, unless used to describe the role that all of us should play in a republic - not just 4-term power junkies in Washington.

Fresh ideas - needed to solve the issues we face as a country - are never going to come from people who spend half their waking hours concerned about re-election, power or longevity. Those "newbies" who go off to DC with a desire to engage in change cannot make much of an impact because the ensconced power brokers have all the leverage and all the positional power sowed up and it doesn't take long for them to get discouraged and eventually to get sucked into the muck with the long-timers.

Systemic issues do not respond to legislation, because the dynamics haven't really changed. Example: election financing regulation. (Of course, there would be no need for it with term limits.) Has it helped much? Do you really - really - think the DC despots won't find a way to get around anything put in place to control money/influence peddling? Abramoff dealt his slime to both parties and he didn't even really try hard to hide it! Right out in the open - and look how long its taken to expose this crud. Why? Because people who become politicians are absolutely susceptible to the siren song of $$$. It's the one note they can all hit.

So guess who I think the real culprits are? You and I. We put up with, even encourage it. Whether too lazy, too fat from sucking at the public teat, or too blind/stupid to see what's staring us straight in the face, "we have met the enemy - and it is us!"

The solution is so simple that a child could see it. "Make them go away." Over the next 2-4 years, make them all go away. Don't leave any vestige, any remnant of this "political" system in place. Replace them with people who work for a living, who struggle with finances and family, who have to discipline themselves in order to make things come out at the end of the month, who care less about money and power and more about doing the right thing. Let them go to DC and put a performance-based administrative structure in place for government services instead of the entrenched beaurocracy - and then return to their communities to engage in "real" public service on an everyday basis.

Would it be easy? No. I said "simple," not "easy." It would take time and will power. Would it be worth it? I think so. The benefits of a good, hot shower - of getting clean - are obvious. So also should the benefits of this kind of change.

I would like to introduce a new phrase in regard to national politics: "Beltway Enema."
    It's time.
    [/rant]

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

another rant
    All politician's are crooked, cruel, maggot scum, you don't make it to the top unless you are.

An honset, kind, fair, decent politician never makes it out of City Hall.

Yes that includes them all, from the vermin swine pigs that kiss Uncle Teddy's a ss to the vermin swine pigs that kiss Bush's a ss.

I wouldn't let one of them carry my dirty f ucking laundry.

When you vote you have to try and vote for the vermin ratty swine that you think is better than the other filthy scabby maggot crooked swine.
    rant

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  14. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I agree with what you're saying, but man, you sound like a crank.

15. JLC

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Then get in the race, Harry Boy. Don't just sit around and ***** and moan about it.

Hey, lookee! I got *****! Is there a club or something? :D

Last edited: Jan 7, 2006
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

I'd never make dog catcher, I'm a kind, HONEST, caring, moral neo con.

17. pats-blue

pats-blue Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Excellent, I chose this small part of your "rant" to point out one flaw in the term limit arguement.....thier retirement payout is outragous and how do you get "honest working people" to become polititians? That is a big hurdle right there. That may be overly sarcastic, but it appears we all agree that is a generalization that is fairly accurate.

18. JLC

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Put an end to the Government Golden Parachute Program. Leave them in the same Soc Sec system that us regular folks are in. Provide government housing for elected officials (!), keeping the costs of living in DC at a reasonable level. Compensate legislators at something approaching the "middle" of the "middle class." (52-75k) For those who serve in the elected government, ensure they are not penalized by their term of services; i.e., their employer must take them back, just as we do national guard members now. I'm certain other incentives could be created to bring the brightest and best into service for a limited time.

The whole idea here, to address your point, is that you have to create a system that balances compensation that does not reward either too lavishly or in a miserly manner, so that real people don't turn into pols because of $$, and yet are provided enough incentive for regular folks to get involved.