PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Media Day thread notes/observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
#BeastMode???...I would take him twice on Sundays.

Love that dude, although he has serious issues with authority...:)

I DO think however that the League and the game that has provided him and his family with a lot of opportunity and good fortune should be respected by him a little bit more...

He shows his respect for the game on Sunday. The NFL is way too dominated by the media. Sometimes I am convinced the game exists as a sideshow while the mediots and commercials are the main program.

Unfortunately, I had to work so I could pay my taxes so the rest of you bums could sit home on your fat asses and watch media day. ;) Just kidding, by the way. Anyway, I did have to work and it's a busy week. Can anybody give me a cliff's notes style rundown of media day for the Pats so I don't have to read this entire thread?

Marshawn has a social anxiety disorder. The fact that they are even forcing him to do this inane **** is cruel, imo.

Unfortunately, I had to work so I could pay my taxes so the rest of you bums could sit home on your fat asses and watch media day. ;) Just kidding, by the way. Anyway, I did have to work and it's a busy week. Can anybody give me a cliff's notes style rundown of media day for the Pats so I don't have to read this entire thread?

Belichick likes monkey puppets
Someone offered to kill Borges or Goodell on Belichick's behalf.
Gronk read parts of A Gronking to Remember
Revis "doesn't miss the Jets" and thinks McCourty is the best safety in the league.

I was entertaining the notion that the best way the Pats could call the media and NFL's bluff over all this nonsense with Fellategate would be not to show up at all for the Super Bowl!

No.

Win the game.

Then walk staright off the field while the suits are preparing the stage at the 50.

Never to be seen or heard from again until the the parade!

I agree with the poster who suggests the game is secondary.

The talk and the media are #1. The game just gives them something to talk about.

Not only do I not have a problem with it, I wish every NE player and coach did it.

He takes Belichick's media playbook and runs it like a two minute offense. I have no problem with it.

I mean.. seriously.

tumblr_niuxxcgwjB1r3mlq6o1_1280.jpg

Marshawn said 29 times - I'm just here so i won't get fined. Ok. Message delivered. Technically the league can't do anything to him. They threatened to fine him 500k if he didn't show up today... Would you be pissed if you had to show up somewhere you didn't want to go or could lose half a MILLION dollars?

I see why he's pissed, but that did come off very weird his 5 minutes on media day.

Thought it subtle of BB to say a Puppet
  • a person whose actions are controlled by another.
    "a brainless sock puppet who only knows what to say because his handlers feed him his lines.
Just thinking out loud on happenings within media in 9 days. I know it would not be his favorite but still it could be a subtle message to "The Puppets".

Then again, I might have an overactive imagination. (LOL)

I enjoy seeing Lynch stick it to the media and NFL

Wouldn't mind breaking down Rachel nichols
Yeah, check out some of recent reports on the patriots situation and let me know if you should be left alone with her...well assuming you are a one on one type of guy.

Belichick likes monkey puppets
Someone offered to kill Borges or Goodell on Belichick's behalf.
Gronk read parts of A Gronking to Remember
Revis "doesn't miss the Jets" and thinks McCourty is the best safety in the league.
Did someone really offer BB to kill borges on his behalf ?????

Thought it subtle of BB to say a Puppet
  • a person whose actions are controlled by another.
    "a brainless sock puppet who only knows what to say because his handlers feed him his lines.
Just thinking out loud on happenings within media in 9 days. I know it would not be his favorite but still it could be a subtle message to "The Puppets".

Then again, I might have an overactive imagination. (LOL)

I thought I was the only one that picked up on that. Nothing BB says is without meaning, especially with those vultures recording every word and pause.

Can you imagine what would happen if Brady or Belichick just said "I'm just here so I won't get fined" over and over? This is just another example of a double standard.

Marshawn said 29 times - I'm just here so i won't get fined. Ok. Message delivered. Technically the league can't do anything to him. They threatened to fine him 500k if he didn't show up today... Would you be pissed if you had to show up somewhere you didn't want to go or could lose half a MILLION dollars?

I see why he's pissed, but that did come off very weird his 5 minutes on media day.

No excuse for that moron. While I get media-day is a little over-the-top and unnecessary, he gets paid millions of dollars to participate, it's part of his job description and contract. There are days where I don't want to show up to work in the morning, but I know if I call out, chances are I might lose my job. This moron believes he is above that and have other idiots like Sherman (he's still an idiot, I could careless about his GPA) trying to defend him and bringing up public anxiety which is a slap in the face to people, who are actually suffering from public anxiety. People with public anxiety are not pulling what he just pulled out today. He's a disgrace and the league should fine him anyway for insubordination. Goodell should worry about his own deflated balls, if he allows Lynch to get away with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes