Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Media Circus"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +277 / 3 / -1

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../05/18/media.519/index.html?section=si_latest

2. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

It never ceases to amaze me how a mediot can acknowledge mistakes and yet be doomed to repeat them.

3. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +550 / 0 / -3

One of the links above brought up a very important but also very overlooked topic. It is in regards to how the media "reports" about a story that another media outlet is reporting. In this case, nobody would run with the spygate story due to lack of cold hard facts and evidence. But as soon as another media outlet (the Herald) ran that story - with no proof, evidence, corroboration, video, photographs, or anything else changed from the time they felt they could not run the story - now it was okay to make it a headline!

In other words, a reporter, editor, and media outlet won't run a story without verified facts. But if another media outlet breaks the story first, then it is not only okay for them to run the story without verifying facts, but they can follow up with hundreds of additional stories based on rumors and opinions posing as facts?

Huh?

4. PaulRevere

PaulRevere On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What truly amazes me is that no media outlet

has done a decent job of covering the other story of "How Much Cheating WAS Going On in the NFL?"

I mean if a couple of tapes can cause this much commotion imagine how much attention this story would get.

I am also surprised that no local paper has tried to defend the Pats against the NY papers. I suppose our local reporters are too far above that.

5. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +184 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Just more evidence of how irresponsible journalism has become....and as I have said in other threads the really sad thing is that this is justs sports coverage, think about the fact that journalists cover real issues and stories with the same or even less accuracy and accountability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.