Welcome to PatsFans.com

Meanwhile, back in Iraq. You remember Iraq... you did when things were going badly

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

From that notorious right-wing conspiratorial rag, the "New York Daily News" (cough, cough), comes this op-ed piece. The mainline media and their Democrat show horses ought to be hanging their heads in shame. But of course they won't. The Dems have got the reins of power to try to grab, an utter, total disaster trying to happen!!! I say: let's not let them do it.

[size=+3]As we land punches in Iraq, Dems just hit the canvas[/size]

By STEVE RUSSELL

Monday, January 28th 2008, 4:00 AM

'War is just like boxing," said Gen. George Patton. "When you get your opponent on the ropes, you must keep punching the hell out of him and not let him recover."

Today in Iraq, the enemy is on the ropes. Our Air Force has pummeled Al Qaeda with 40,000 pounds of bombs. Soldiers and Marines have reduced northern Al Qaeda safe havens to rubble. Contractors are delivering tons of supplies and securing our diplomats. One-time insurgent strongholds are returning to peace.

One would expect aspiring political leaders not only to laud our troops for their great work - which all of them go through the motions of doing - but also to admit that a total pullout on a predetermined schedule might be just a tad premature.

Instead, the 2008 candidates for President on the Democratic side stubbornly deny the possible troop victory that's finally in our sights in a grotesque swap for political victory.

They're basically rooting for our defeat over there - which has me rooting, harder than ever, for their defeat here.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions...as_we_land_punches_in_iraq_dems_just_hit.html

//

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Re: Meanwhile, back in Iraq. You remember Iraq... you did when things were going ba

They've got a new one now it's "CHANGE CHANGE"

When you ask them "what the change is and how they will change the change" they GRIN & Clap Their Hands, they can't answer you.
    :singing: :singing:

3. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Re: Meanwhile, back in Iraq. You remember Iraq... you did when things were going ba

You're absolutely right. And what's so unbelievable about these Dems is that they say "change, change" like they know what in hell they are doing, yet if you ask them about militant Islamic terrorism, they have no more clue than Bill Clinton did when these head cases bombed the Twin Towers the first time, when they blew UP two U.S. Embassies in Africa, when they blew a hole the size of a minivan into the USS Cole. The Dems haven't learned a thing since Jimmy Carter allowed the first militant attack take over the US Embassy in Tehran in 1979. These people, from Hillary to Obama to Edwards, are utterly without a clue. They're only mantra is: "We must get out today." Pure Cut and Run. Despicable. If we just pull out of Iraq without setting up a stable government, it will be 100% pure propaganda fodder for the militant Islamists; they will claim "victory", and I can practically guarantee we will see another 9/11 type attack on U.S. soil.

//

4. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +134 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

let me know when you get back from Iraq. Until you have been there and actually seen what is going on, i would not say we are winning anything.

5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I've got two nephews there now; I've had a total of four relatives there at one time or another since 2003. Without exception they say the media has never reported the actual accomplishments of the effort over there. After the first six months to one year, the media all grew tired of the war, got tired of embedding their own with front-line units. Yes, a few of their high-profile guys got smacked; that happens in wars. Read about the reporters in WWII, how many of them came back in boxes.

We didn't start this war, but we damn well better finish it because if the radical Islamists have their way, the future will not be nice, unless you like mass hangings, mass mutilations, women raped, mutilated and murdered for the mere appearance of looking "wanton". I don't believe in free sex, but the radical Islamist approach is far too extreme.

//

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

OUCH!
    That one hurt!
    The chickenhawk takes a hard right uppercut and his teeth are scattered on the canvas! Blood's pouring from the mouth! Oh, the poorly prepared-challenger was coming in very cawky with his hands down just daring the champ to take a swing! And BOY, DID HE EVER!

The ref moves in and begins the ten count...this one might be over before it gets started folks! Looks like a first-round knockout! OH MY GOODNESS!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  7. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What are you in a race to match bush's 935 false statements..

Fogbuster is lying a sin?

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's obvious the facts are just too much for some people to handle. They prefer to have all their milk and cookies brought to them in their high chairs.

Have fun, infants. Enjoy your freedom won on the guts of those who confronted an enemy whose goal is to enslave or exterminate you and America.

"Gimme, gimme, gimme." Your mantra is well-known.

//

9. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Hey, Boxer!
    I think he's talking about you!
    :rofl: :nono:
    Silly foreigners.

10. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The fact that you typed iraq started the war shows how credible you are...

11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Everyone ignores Fog's statement that he has relatives in Iraq.

12. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Oh, you would be happy to hear that my roommate (Marine Spec-Ops) just returned from a brief support tour just last week. 100% turnaround.

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Please elaborate. I know some people just get hot ears when they see stuff that contradicts their pre-decided opinions, but some of us would like to know what he has to say.

//

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Seems like for some people the truth is too much to bear. They like things THEIR way, and only their way. Children who never grew up. "Arrested development".

//

15. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You're right.
    I wish Fog's relatives were not in Iraq. I hope they can return home unharmed very soon. I'm sure Foggy's concerned for them as well. It doesn't change my vehement opposition to his stance and his insulting point of view of those opposing the creeps in the White House and their criminal policies in the ME.

16. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Boxer!
    He's talking about you again!

17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

They do that with everything they "don't want to hear"

They want Fogs relatives to pack up and go to Dafur and fight George Looney Cloooneys War, thats the "GOOD WAR".

:bricks:

18. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Wistah, let me remind you (once again) that I was NOT in favor of a military incursion into Iraq. I wrote two letters to Geo W Bush, pleading for him to seek alternative methods to the goal of creating peace in the ME.

But -- OK, he chose to ignore those pleas -- he is the commander-in-chief; he has a viewpoint on the developing threat from hyper-militant Islamism, showing its ugly terrorist face all over the world for now more than 30 years, and he decided to make an example out of Saddam Hussein, a man who had continuously and arrogantly rejected the United NATIONS call for him to open up Iraq to weapons' inspections in the late 1999 to 2002 period.

When 9/11 occurred, even if Saddam had no direct responsibility, his regime was enough of an out-law regime that the Bush plan called for his removal. Saddam could have spared all this bloodshed by simply stepping down, but he refused. If Saddam, international criminal that he was, HAD stepped down, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

//

19. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

the fog machine has vertigo... and can't get up.

20. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I see that went over like a led zepplin. I'm sure that he couldn't even make out the letter in his hard drug hangover mornings.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008