PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mean Posters...Wash your mouth out with soap

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would agree... except i have no idea what a troll is :p

PATSummerallofthe80s said:
Well this experience has been a true disappointment. I was all excited to talk PATS football with fellow fans upon discovering this Board so I signed up. Then after receiveng the kind welcoming in the next paragraph from the proprietors of this Board, I felt like a family member and hanging out in a place that i could call home, even though i no longer live in Boston.

PATSummerallofthe80s,

Thanks for registering at New England Patriots Fans - PatsFans.com Messageboard!
We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy
your stay.

Thanks again,
New England Patriots Fans - PatsFans.com Messageboard team

I make a few posts (none of them hateful or ill-mannered and then BANG!

I get nothing but vindictave insults thrown my way. I am beside myself and I just can’t believe we live in a society where people behave so badly toward one another. Some of you should be ashamed.

PatsWorldChamps screamed, “shutup d!ckbagâ€

mgcolby exclaimed, “You read my mind! Go away numbnuts!!!!â€

KDPpatsfan lashed out, “WTF are you talking about? Who is giving up on anything?â€

IndyKen falesly accused me by saying, “Forget this character guys. It's someone from the Indy Star BB.â€

pats1 yelled, “Get out of here, troll.â€

Broomer insulted, “you have a stubby winkieâ€

godef chimed in, “I've always said, ask a dumb question, you get a wise-***** answer.â€

When you show up unknown to a board full of avid and dedicated Patriots fans and call out more or less the entire messageboard for their dedication to the season, then you're inviting trouble on yourself. You've gotta earn respect when you come into these parts. Get to know the posters before you question them. Your reception was pretty apt to what you should have expected, IMO, and if you're worried about that language use, then I have to stop and wonder how old you are and if you've ever even attended an NFL game. You'll hear worse than that on the way to the vending kiosks.

Brownfan80 said:
When you show up unknown to a board full of avid and dedicated Patriots fans and call out more or less the entire messageboard for their dedication to the season, then you're inviting trouble on yourself. You've gotta earn respect when you come into these parts. Get to know the posters before you question them. Your reception was pretty apt to what you should have expected, IMO, and if you're worried about that language use, then I have to stop and wonder how old you are and if you've ever even attended an NFL game. You'll hear worse than that on the way to the vending kiosks.

But I didn't recklessly come on here questioning anyone. I based my comments on studying the Board's comments. So I really felt like I did my homework. Plus to some of the others, what does any of this have to do with being a troll?

Bill's Girl said:
Cripes people, this isn't Philly.......can the newbies get a little love??
Bill's Girl... people didn't give him a hard time when he first got here. He was ignored when he first got here two days ago posting trash. Nobody replied to his first post, um, until just now, and it's disgusting. But then again, anybody with ten minutes can set up a free blog site, so you can't expect much.

I'm sick of these alias trolls, can we just ignore them now?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGH!

What is this? Kindergarten?

It doesn't matter who the f Brady'sArmy is!

If you spend any time on this (or any other) board, a troll isn't hard to spot...and Summerall is a troll, as Mt. Everest is a baaad speed bump.

...and though we all have great respect and admiration for BB, not every post must supplicate to him.

Anybody talking sense, or football, or, preferably, both around here?

fleabassist1 said:
i would agree... except i have no idea what a troll is :p

Sweetie, how old are you?? The NFL message-board definition of troll is someone who is not a fan of your team who posts on thier board to incite fans... In this case, us!

Brady'sArmy is another poster of questionable origins.......

Sheesh, I hate insomnia......off to get more wine!

Bill's Girl said:
Sweetie, how old are you?? The NFL message-board definition of troll is someone who is not a fan of your team who posts on thier board to incite fans... In this case, us!

Brady'sArmy is another poster of questionable origins.......

Sheesh, I hate insomnia......off to get more wine!

I am 18... and thanks. im new to these forum things... i use AIM mostly

But I didn't recklessly come on here questioning anyone. I based my comments on studying the Board's comments. So I really felt like I did my homework. Plus to some of the others, what does any of this have to do with being a troll?

This board is peppered with useless posts by useless fans of other teams immitating Patriotsfans. It's just the way it goes. The jury is out on you still in all honesty. Take it how you want it, but the guys that stick around here have seen how it goes long enough to smell a rat.

And as for your post, if you still don't see the reason why some of the guys got offended then you're just going to miss the point and I'm not sure how well you'll get on here. The guys here are rabid animals for the Patriots, but we do express our discouragement when things go awry. To call anyone out without getting to know them, where I'm from, is grounds for an asswhoopin'.

My suggestion is that if you really do want to become a part of this board, reserve your judgements until you've given the locals long enough to get to know who you are. If you come in judging, then you won't last long enough to get a sniff of a real conversation.

Some boards may be made for casual fans to come in and talk in such a way, but this place tends to bring in guys that stay and chat for years, not days. So to ruffle their feathers is a testy thing in this chicken roost.

Welcome aboard, all the same.

Well this experience has been a true disappointment. I was all excited to talk PATS football with fellow fans upon discovering this Board so I signed up. Then after receiveng the kind welcoming in the next paragraph from the proprietors of this Board, I felt like a family member and hanging out in a place that i could call home, even though i no longer live in Boston.

PATSummerallofthe80s,

Thanks for registering at New England Patriots Fans - PatsFans.com Messageboard!
your stay.

Thanks again,

I get nothing but vindictave insults thrown my way. I am beside myself and I just can’t believe we live in a society where people behave so badly toward one another. Some of you should be ashamed.

KDPpatsfan lashed out, “WTF are you talking about? Who is giving up on anything?â€

IndyKen falesly accused me by saying, “Forget this character guys. It's someone from the Indy Star BB.â€

godef chimed in, “I've always said, ask a dumb question, you get a wise-***** answer.â€

Personally, I can't stand Pat Summerall, and any reference to him. That goes for things like screen names, too.

PATSummerallofthe80s = Poo. :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Bill's Girl... people didn't give him a hard time when he first got here. He was ignored when he first got here two days ago posting trash. Nobody replied to his first post, um, until just now, and it's disgusting. But then again, anybody with ten minutes can set up a free blog site, so you can't expect much.

Again, and for the final time......that wasn't me. I wonder how much you'd enjoy being accused of something you had no part of. Being false accused is actually more hurtful than crude insults.

Again, and for the final time......that wasn't me. I wonder how much you'd enjoy being accused of something you had no part of. Being false accused is actually more hurtful than crude insults.

I know how you feel. I got accused of breaking wind once, but it was the dog - I swear! I felt really bad about the accusation, and it's haunted me to this day.

Don't worry - the pain may never fully go away, but the scars WILL heal, and eventually you will, as I have, once again be able to live a full, happy, healthy, functional life... :D

You've got to have thick skin here so maybe it's not for you. Here endeth the lesson.

makes me wonder how dude was able to read so many posts on the forum with the thing down and out and then old posts inaccessible...

uber-admin?
regardless--if summerall posts something football relevant, and not fan relevant, then maybe the doubts will fade...

I really apologize that I didn't have a chance to be rude to you.

Missed opportunities never come around twice.

Please keep posting and I'll get my shot.

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:

Who said anything about you? Bill's Girl was talking to fleabassist, who claimed he had a rough welcoming to the board 3 days ago, I was just pointing out that his trashy first post went ignored.

Why do you think it was about you? Ohhh.... wait, I see... getting your multiple logins mixed up again. Geeze it's hard to keep track when you have so many.

PATSummerallofthe80s,

your stay.

Thanks again,

PATSummerallofthe80s, it is the nature of the internet.

Most would not respond the way you indicate if you were face to face
with them especially if you could deck em. But protected by anonymity they
get to express their true natures without fear of physical reprisal
Welcome to the real world.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Who said anything about you? Bill's Girl was talking to fleabassist, who claimed he had a rough welcoming to the board 3 days ago, I was just pointing out that his trashy first post went ignored.

Why do you think it was about you? Ohhh.... wait, I see... getting your multiple logins mixed up again. Geeze it's hard to keep track when you have so many.

i didnt say anything of the sort. i said i am glad that that DIDNT happen. so sorry to burst your bubble

Welcome to Massachusetts!

This is the place where the Puritans came to persecute everyone else, witches were burned, there is only one political party, and a turn signal serves as a warning to other drivers that they need to close ranks!

I didn't see anything in your post to indict you, but, someone did and once there is blood in the water...

This is just a forum. Read what you like and ignore the rest. If you do not enjoy the banter, take a break. If that doesn't help, find new friends -- that's what I tell my kids.

If I were you, I'd rejoin with a name like bradysjockstrap, lurk for a while, bash the president a bit, and praise nem -- you'll do fine ;)

Above all else, don't take this personally or to heart -- it's supposed to be fun.

later...len!

PATSummerallofthe80s......

If I said anything hurtful to you, good....at least we know you're smart enough to be able to understand pictures.

Notice to all Newbies

If you are true Patriots fans, please keep posting. Eventually you will come to know us as the kind little teddy bears that we are.

Hell, I've been accused of being mean-spirited and rude- ME of all people.

If you are not Patriot fans, then identify yourselves as a fan of another team.

I hate undercover trolls. Trolls who are up front and are just trying to get some good natured smack going, it don't have a problem with. We also have posters from other teams who are not trolls or treated that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back