PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McShay mocks Graham to the Patriots (link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see Graham going before #19. If I am Tom Dimitroff and Graham falls to me at #19, I am jumping for joy and rush the card to the podium.

Atlanta is zeroing on Graham according to some mock experts

Brandon Graham is a defensive end.

Agreed. I don't think he really has the athleticism/hips/lateral movement to make plays out in space.

What are your thoughts on Kindle, Griffen, Sapp, Hardy, Morgan, and Dunlap? I like hearing your thoughts, you're an insightful football mind.

Last edited:
The more and more I watch Graham, the more I like him. In fact, for people saying he couldn't play LB, doesn't Banta-Cain play LB? They are almost identical in height but Graham is a little bigger. Having a pass rusher like him will make your DB's play better and in turn will give you a better chance to win games. I hope BB gets the net and addresses the pass rush. I didn't like his half a** approach in 2008 by relying on one pick in the 3rd round by the name of worthless, I mean Shawn Crable.

Last edited:
Pats draft party video: Analysts talk pick 22 - Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Out of all the guys talked about for the Patriots at the draft party, Graham outshines everyone by a mile. The kid knows how to rush a QB, angle his body for leverage, and burst.

The clips on Kindle do not reveal a great deal about his moves so it's unfair to judge him other than saying he's fast and he hits hard.

Graham shines in this video. It looks like the kid is a future star in the NFL.
Sapp looked pretty good in that video too. I wish there was more footage of him out there so I can analyze him :/

Agreed. I don't think he really has the athleticism/hips/lateral movement to make plays out in space.

What are your thoughts on Kindle, Griffen, Sapp, Hardy, Morgan, and Dunlap? I like hearing your thoughts, you're an insightful football mind.

If he plays a role similar to that of TBC, he may not have to very often.

If he plays a role similar to that of TBC, he may not have to very often.

People said the same BS about Woodley. Go watch some Steelers footage, and you'll see him dropping into coverage, making tackles out in the flats, and dominating at the LOS. Yes, he's a very good pass rusher, but it seems some board members blindly believe he's racking up those sack totals by almost exclusively rushing the passer. That might accurately describe a number of 34 rush OLB's, but the Steelers get a lot more out of LaMarr.

In any case, from what I've seen of Graham, he's pretty similar to Woodley, and I really wanted NE to draft him that year...

Atlanta is zeroing on Graham according to some mock experts

Atlanta doesn't have second round draft pick.They try to force trade with NE.
Offer them Adalius Thomas with # 22 for theirs # 19.

I think he goes to either the Titans or the Falcons, to be honest. He might be able to play OLB but he'll be a better DE.

I still want Jerry Hughes :(

People said the same BS about Woodley. Go watch some Steelers footage, and you'll see him dropping into coverage, making tackles out in the flats, and dominating at the LOS. Yes, he's a very good pass rusher, but it seems some board members blindly believe he's racking up those sack totals by almost exclusively rushing the passer. That might accurately describe a number of 34 rush OLB's, but the Steelers get a lot more out of LaMarr.

In any case, from what I've seen of Graham, he's pretty similar to Woodley, and I really wanted NE to draft him that year...

I agree with you that Graham is, like Woodley, better in all aspects of the position than a lot of people give him credit for. However, you missed my point - that the Pats scheme/use of an "OLB" may be changing a bit to more the way that TBC was deployed in '09. And Graham would certainly excel in that role (IMHO).

I agree with you that Graham is, like Woodley, better in all aspects of the position than a lot of people give him credit for. However, you missed my point - that the Pats scheme/use of an "OLB" may be changing a bit to more the way that TBC was deployed in '09. And Graham would certainly excel in that role (IMHO).

Sorry to confuse you. Maybe I should have quoted BillBelichickFan79, as I was responding more to the post you quoted. I figured that would come across in my response, but maybe I should have been clearer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back