McNabb officaly ruled out of Sunday’s game [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEfan32

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
McNabb Out vs. Pats

Just heard it on SportsCenter.

Vegas should probably change the spread to 40.

Re: McNabb Out vs. Pats

This year McNabb is not necessarily a positive for the Eagles.

This year McNabb is not necessarily a positive for the Eagles.
Yeah, but Feely is horrible. The Eagles' only chance was a healthy McNabb having a good game.

I wish mcNabb was playing. I'd like the Pats to show him "where his SB ring is" up close and personal.

Last edited:

I think either way the score is the same. If he had played, he'd have been hobbled the whole time. We're winning by 20+ no matter what so this story is going to be pretty overblown.

I wish mcNabb was playing. I'd like the Pats to how him "where his SB ring is" up close and personal.

That was a joke. I don't think he really thought the Superbowl was tainted. Still, the Pats are known for turning things around so it's probably best he doesn't play for his own safety

Well we pretty much knew this was coming.
AJ Feely is going to feel like the Thanksgiving Turkey this Sunday.
Oh this could get ugly fast!

Aren't Donovan and Tom good friends?

He was joking about the SB ring thing. I don't wish anything but the best for McNabb. At his best he is so much fun to watch.

Aren't Donovan and Tom good friends?

He was joking about the SB ring thing. I don't wish anything but the best for McNabb. At his best he is so much fun to watch.

Yeah, don't understand the McNabb hate that comes from the media and his own team's fans.

EDIT: Just saw another topic, should of searched. Feel free to delete Mods.

Injured McNabb ruled out against the host Patriots on Sunday
Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was downgraded from doubtful to out against New England on Saturday because of a sprained ankle and injured thumb.

McNabb hurt the thumb on his throwing hand early against Miami last Sunday and left after injuring his ankle in the second quarter.

A.J. Feeley, who led the Eagles to a pair of touchdowns in a 17-7 win over the Dolphins, will start in place of McNabb.

McNabb has started every game since returning ahead of schedule after a torn knee ligament ended his season early last year. Injuries ended his regular season three times in the past six years. The Eagles are 13-8 without him, including 1-1 in the playoffs last season.

Feeley will make his first start since he led Miami over Cleveland on Dec. 26, 2004. He was 4-1 as a starter in the last five regular-season games in 2002, helping the Eagles finish first in the NFC after McNabb and backup Koy Detmer were injured. Feeley was 3-5 in eight starts with the Dolphins in '04, including a win over eventual Super Bowl champion New England

Strong safety Quintin Mikell also is doubtful with a sprained knee, meaning Philadelphia might have to start third-string J.R. Reed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8046b9a1&template=with-video&confirm=true

Last edited:
oh man, this one is going to get fugly as quickly as the bills game.

McNabb must have heard that there is no puking on our new field

I can't blame Ried......... why send McNabb out not 100%. We are Pretty much lying waste to everyone we face. You can say the Colts game was close, but close for them came at a high price (they ain't looked the same since).

If I were a head coach facing the Patriots, I'd send Feeley out there as cannon fodder too.

Well we pretty much knew this was coming.
AJ Feely is going to feel like the Thanksgiving Turkey this Sunday.
Oh this could get ugly fast!

Kevin Kolb could see his first action and it might be like Losman's introduction. First play was returned for a Pats TD....

feely was the QB in that fins game which the pats goofed up on MNF

Yea, but that was the Pats screwing up, not Feely being good. Feely hasn't started a game in a while and is about to get smacked around tomorrow.

Yeah, don't understand the McNabb hate that comes from the media and his own team's fans.

I'm an Eagles fan, I love McNabb, but the more he gets hurt, the more we want him out. He's 31 today, and it may be time to start anew.
HOWEVER, I think Reid should get him another weapon, or two, and see if he can do anything next year. if not, its Kolb time

......any given sunday........

So we don't have to listen to McKnobs excuses for why he-sucked today???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes