Welcome to PatsFans.com

McNabb might not play due to injury

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Snarf, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snarf

Snarf Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20071120_Thumb_at_issue_now_for_McNabb.html

Donovan McNabb's problems are twofold. His right ankle is sprained and his right thumb is swollen. Although Andy Reid said yesterday that neither the ankle nor the thumb was broken, one, if not both, of the injuries could keep McNabb from playing against the New England Patriots on Sunday.

And here is the kicker: We might not know about McNabb's availability until game time. Kickoff at Gillette Stadium is scheduled for 8:15 p.m.

Reid listed McNabb as "day-to-day" with both injuries, and said it was possible that McNabb could practice Wednesday, when the team reconvenes and begins preparing to face the undefeated juggernaut that is New England. It also is possible that backup A.J. Feeley could take every snap in practice, and yield to McNabb on Sunday.

And it's possible that Feeley will make his first start of the season against the best team in football, one that is obliterating opponents by an average of 25.4 points per game.

We will just have to wait and see.

"I'm as worried about the thumb as I am about the ankle, maybe a little bit more because that's what he's gripping the football with," Reid said about McNabb's injuries. "Both of them are day-to-day situations. . . . I've been around him long enough to know when he's ready to go and when he's not. So, I'll get a feel as time goes on here and see how he does."
  2. slash83

slash83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Im hoping mcnabb plays so the Patriots could shove his words bout the superbowl back in his *****.
  3. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 1 / -0

wasnt feely the QB when the 2 and 11 fins beat us in miami ?
  4. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Feely is probably more dangerous than McNabb at this point, anyways.
    Westbrook is the guy the D has to stop. He's very good with those short dump offs.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  5. Na_polian

Na_polian Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, I guess this means that if he doesn't play, he wont' take any heat if the Eagles lose again, and if he DOES play, he's all set with the built-in "he was injured" excuse if the Eagles lose again.

Win-Win for him, I guess....
  6. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

i'd say it's a catch 22 actually. If he's out for injury, its yet another game the guy has missed due to injury. And if he plays...well it'll be unfortunate for him.
    Depends on how the media construes it really
  7. SportsAnalyzer

SportsAnalyzer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I actualy think the Eagles have a better chance of winning with A.J. Feeley. So I hope Mcnabb does play on Sunday Night.

The Eagles would have defintely lost to the Dolphins if Mcnabb played the entire game
  8. onegameatatime

onegameatatime Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If you hear this on audio, McNabb was laughing and the crowd did too. I would not hold this against McNabb.

Someone else from the Eagles (don't remember who) sounded more serious in making a similar point.
  9. 363839

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Right. Who wants to see Mcnabb puking out there again, anyway.
    Not I.
  10. FrontSeven

FrontSeven Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

There is no puking in football.
  11. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +762 / 21 / -26

I have never been a fan of McNab. I think he is among the most overrated Qbs in the NFL. (Just to explain..McNab is a good enough QB to start in the league, and can win IF he is on an otherwise excellent team, but the idea that he is an elite QB, as many have considered him is ridiculous to me. He has never been an accurate passer, and has spent his entire career dumping off short passes. His worst trait, IMO, is that he is the king of throwing the 3 yard pass on 3rd and 10)
    My opinion of McNab tells me he will find a way NOT to play against the Patriots, and that if it was a bad team, he'd be out there no matter what. That is the perfect example of the character I see in Donovan McNab.
  12. SamBam39

SamBam39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I agree completely Andy. I've always felt that way. My first thought when I heard he was banged up was - he won't play - why? Because he's knows he will just be humiliated if he does. They will get beaten easily either way. The only thing lost if he doesn't play is the fun of watching him be completely helpless to do anything. And, at thispoint it's obvious, he's no leader. He's an another self-important punk. Another media creation. I'll stop there.
  13. 363839

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I agree with AJ to a point. Brian Westbrook sure did help Donovan's numbers look good. But if the guy is legitimately unable to play because of a foot injury, it doesn't mean he's ducking anybody.
    Didn't LoMo sit down last game with a foot injury of his own?
  14. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

FWIW-he played on a broken ankle(after injuring it on the first series) against AZ back in '02.

Maybe even a mere sprain is different, I dunno-but the guy has shown no heart this year.
  15. DGameguy

DGameguy Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think it's another Matt Schaub surprise like Atlanta pulled with Vick. BB learned from it though, they will prepare for the two.
  16. SamBam39

SamBam39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

It so doesn't matter.

they could have manning play for them and it wouldn't change a thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.