PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McNabb: "Maybe now we'll get our ring back."

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are defending what the Patriots did? You actual think it's fair to slip someone a mickey during the football game? I mean, Donovan thought he was drinking Gatorade, but the Patriots team cameraman had slipped something into it, and at the Super Bowl no less!!

You guys are defending what the Patriots did? You actual think it's fair to slip someone a mickey during the football game? I mean, Donovan thought he was drinking Gatorade, but the Patriots team cameraman had slipped something into it, and at the Super Bowl no less!!

The patriots violated a video taping rule. No ones denying that.

Last edited:
It was very clearly a joke. And he said all the right things before that. No matter what you tape, you still have to play the game.

I saw the clip of his press conference made available on NFLN where he said that. He did not laugh or smile in what was shown. Perhaps they cut out what you're referring to, so I can't address it further than what I saw and heard. If that's the case, then blame NFLN for editing out of context.

they did edit it out. he said players still have to execute and said we dont know much about the situation so we need to stay away -all of a sudden tom brady is not joe montana and associated with this situation which is unfortunate. He jokingly said abt the rings...

i have nothing against what he said

That's what he said today at his press conference asked about BB. I CANNOT BELIEVE HE SAID THAT!!! What a load of utter horsesh!t. I am so glad these morons are coming to Foxboro -- Eagles, Steelers, Chargers. I hope the Patriots show no mercy whatsoever.

(I didn't read any other post so if this has been mentioned sorry)

I watched him say that and he said it with kind of a half smile on his face, kind of like he didn't really mean it or believe anything like that would ever happen. Don't take all this stuff to heart guys.

On paper its horrible but McNabb is a jokester and a funny guy and in person he just laughed it off as a joke so settle down

On paper its horrible but McNabb is a jokester and a funny guy and in person he just laughed it off as a joke so settle down

Why don't you go to your home messageboard and stay out of here? No one cares what you have to say. Have fun going 0-2 this weekend. Oh, and you might want to learn how to spell "genius," genius.

Last edited:
we have to face it, anyone we played and beat the last 6 years will claim it was done unfairly.

Fair? no, it pisses me off

Not true. I'm a Charger fan and you definitely didn't beat us unfairly last year. We beat ourselves.

Why don't you go to your home messageboard and stay out of here? No one cares what you have to say. Have fun going 0-2 this weekend. Oh, and you might want to learn how to spell "genius," genius.
U cared what i had to say so I guess I will stay a little longer:)

Maybe we'll get our ring back," said a chuckling McNabb. "Maybe we'll get the real one."

chuckling. i would assume in a joking way...he know it wouldnt happen. stop being such *******s. i understand people are against us but McNabb didnt call us cheaters..he said we still had to go out and execute, etc.

i watched the interview and it was a laugh. McNabb is not a bad guy for PatsFans.

Come on guys.
It was clearly a joke.

I recant my statement I thought he said it in a rude questioning way I'm sorry for the negative remarks I made on Donovan but living in PA you learn to despise the eagles it just goes with the territory.

He was joking. The quote was taken out of context.

So him not running a two minute offense is on the Pats now..... :eek:

Yes, I guess it was a video camera that caused him to throw those wobbly wounded duck passes he was tossing up all day!

Last edited:
we have to face it, anyone we played and beat the last 6 years will claim it was done unfairly.

Fair? no, it pisses me off

I have to agree everyone will make a stupid comment like this for now. and then we play them and beat them, they saw that we are cheating. I find it odd that the team that got busted for cheating is acting more mature that everyone else.

That's what he said today at his press conference asked about BB. I CANNOT BELIEVE HE SAID THAT!!! What a load of utter horsesh!t. I am so glad these morons are coming to Foxboro -- Eagles, Steelers, Chargers. I hope the Patriots show no mercy whatsoever.

He was kidding...:bricks:

I was driving through Philly today and everyone on sports talk radio there is absolutely convinced that they were screwed out of a ring. One guy even went so far as to say that if they won, TO and McNabb would be best buddies and the most explosive QB/WR combo in the league right now. Pure comedy.

Anyone who is insulting McNabb clearly did not see the conference. He said it at the end as a joke and it was completely unlike anything else that he said up to that point.

Mods, can we get this thread locked because I would hate to see someone get piled on for no reason?

He was joking? Is it just me or does any type of joking is extremely innappropriate? What if Tom Brady decided to crack jokes at Shawn Merrimans expense after the steriods incident?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes