PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McKenzie limps off practice field

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!!!!!!!!! McKenzie IS MADE OF GLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well there's the bulletproof kind of glass that they use to protect armored cars, and then there's the kind that Maroney's made of... We need to make the distinctions clear. ;)

Last edited:
Should have drafted Frantz Joseph instead......:D

Does anyone know if he ended up getting a chance anywhere? I was intrigued by his story too, seemed like a good kid.

Does anyone know if he ended up getting a chance anywhere? I was intrigued by his story too, seemed like a good kid.

he got signed to the raiders as a udfa

he got signed to the raiders as a udfa

Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I was keeping an eye on all of the teams UDFA's, but I must've missed him.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I was keeping an eye on all of the teams UDFA's, but I must've missed him.

I was hoping that we signed Frantz, what i saw of him i think he could make an impact for the Patriots but unfortunately he signed with a losing team!

Well this sucks: Reiss writes in today's mailbag that he thought the McKenzie injury looked serious and that he was in a lot of pain. Hopefully it's not a ACL and/or MCL and just a serious strain .... :(

Well this sucks: Reiss writes in today's mailbag that he thought the McKenzie injury looked serious and that he was in a lot of pain. Hopefully it's not a ACL and/or MCL and just a serious strain .... :(

A: Pete, I don't have anything concrete on this. But it looked serious to me and McKenzie appeared to be in considerable pain.

Yeah I hope its neither of those as well :( guess we will just have to wait and see...

Yeah I hope its neither of those as well :( guess we will just have to wait and see...

Damn, I am not encouraged by what Reiss wrote. That would be killer, I had high hopes for this kid pulling a Guyton/Mayo and being useful sooner than later. Also a years worth of experience can never be underestimated, a year lost to an ACL/MCL injury would be frustrating.

My understanding when he was drafted was that McKenzie was coming off an injury. This is not good.

I expect Belichick to add 2-3 LB's for camp. If the season started today, Mckenzie would likely be on IR and we would have:

Thomas, Woods, Crable, Banta-Cain, Redd
Mayo, Bruschi, Guyton, Alexander

This is thin even without future potential injuries. Appleby will certainly get a hard look along with whoever Belichick brings in.

My understanding when he was drafted was that McKenzie was coming off an injury. This is not good.

I expect Belichick to add 2-3 LB's for camp. If the season started today, Mckenzie would likely be on IR and we would have:

Thomas, Woods, Crable, Banta-Cain, Redd
Mayo, Bruschi, Guyton, Alexander

This is thin even without future potential injuries. Appleby will certainly get a hard look along with whoever Belichick brings in.

Really sucks that McKenzie appears to be on the Brock Williams track ... :(

Really hope he pans out but if this is any kind of _CL injury, he's facing stiff odds ....

Really sucks that McKenzie appears to be on the Brock Williams track ... :(

Really hope he pans out but if this is any kind of _CL injury, he's facing stiff odds ....[/QUOTE

Sad but true. Third round picks who miss an entire year of football ( including camps ) have a tough road to shake off the rust and beat out the incumbents and new draft picks the following year. However, from everything I've read about this kid, if anyone can do it, he can.

Really hope he pans out but if this is any kind of _CL injury, he's facing stiff odds ....
Only a torn ACL. The MCL or PCL would heal without surgery by training camp.

Good to know, doc. Thanks. :)
I'm no doctor - but remember Brady tore his MCL and ACL and waited a month for the MCL to heal; it's a 4-8 week thing and Brady should have let the MCL heal more but it's all good now. 8 weeks doesn't get us to training camp. PCL is less significant than MCL.

Anyway, if he ends up being out he'll have a heck of a long time to be 100% for 2010 and that UDFA ILB from Virginia is interesting too.

My understanding when he was drafted was that McKenzie was coming off an injury.
Not to my knowledge. He was fine for the Magicjack Bowl, Senior Bowl, Combine, and Pro Day.

Barring an ACL injury, there's room for optimism that he can eventually participate in Training Camp. I believe the goal with him isn't to have an Opening Day starter, but to work him into the ILB mix over the course of the season.

To that end the big concern isn't McKenzie's knee, it's Tully Banta-Cain, Shawn Crable, Angelo Craig, Vincent Redd, and Pierre Woods. I believe Woods is good enough to start at OLB, and Banta-Cain (depending on weight management) will be able to take some third down reps. If I had to make a guess as to which of the 2008 kids might be capable of taking some 1st & 2nd down reps, I'd look to Redd, he also played some 3-4 DE while at Virginia and with his progress last year is poised to make the greatest move. If Redd can at least help on run downs, that allows Pees to move Adalius around, mixing him in with Guyton and Bruschi alongside Mayo, as well as sliding him outside as desired.

I never really understood the concept of "binky" that many others in this board have. After reading this guy's story though, I now understand this a bit better. Mckenzie is my Binky!

Happily it was the second day of rookie camp! ;)

Sounds like a mild sprain, at worse he'll have an MRI and there will be a slight tear requiring he rest a few weeks, he's got May, June, & July before they have to PUP him. Not a crisis yet folks. Think positive thoughts. :)

Man, I hope you're right.

From his stats and scouting reports, this guy could be a 3rd round steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back