PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McKenzie limps off practice field

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love how at the end it said BB didnt offer an update....as if he regularly provides those

Made of glass...?

great, the injury bug is getting an early start this year

They said he was standing on the sidelines the rest of practice.

Not being wheeled off in a cart or anything. Hopefully just banged it up a bit.

He probably just pulled something

cut the loser, he obviously can't stay on the field. What a waste of a third round pick.

cut the loser, he obviously can't stay on the field. What a waste of a third round pick.

i hope your being sarcastic!! All players get banged up!! It will happen and nothing we can do to stop it!!

In the spirit of the new season....

1378839606_71e0a2f8ce_o.jpg

Last edited:
Geez, LoMo, and now McKenzie! We only need 4 more to have a complete set of glass tumblers... :rolleyes:

I don't know if there's been any further update but:

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: The Point After Blog Archive Rookie camp report: McKenzie hurt

About an hour into the morning session, linebacker Tyrone McKenzie, a third round pick, injured his right knee while attempting to break up a pass. He was dropped back in coverage, during a one-on-one passing drill, and came up hobbling. after getting tangled with the receiver. McKenzie limped off the field to the sidelines, where he was attended to by the Pats training staff. They appeared to be doing various stretches to test the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments.

Pat’s coach Bill Belichick also made his way over to check on the South Florida linebacker, who has fought through personal hardship, taking care of an ailing mother, to maintain a football career. McKenzie remained on the field to watch the rest of practice. He attempted to test the knee out at times, and had a bit of a limp.

That would be a major bummer if we were talking ACL/MCL here, but the fact that they ran the tests on him, and that he still hung out there and tried to test out the knee suggests that he passed those tests. Presumably. If he failed, I'm sure he'd head in to get further tests immediately (flashbacks to that horrific day when Brady went down...)

It will be really really sad if this kid goes down with a serious knee injury on day 1 of camp, especially after all the **** he's been through the last few years.

I'm really excited about this guy and hope it's not as serious as it sounds like it could be.

that's horrible news if that's true--someone teach our players how to fall down on the field to avoid getting tangled up!

that's horrible news if that's true
:confused:

There is no news. he limped off, had it looked at and stuck around on the sideline. There's nothing since then.

It will be really really sad if this kid goes down with a serious knee injury on day 1 of camp, especially after all the **** he's been through the last few years.

I'm really excited about this guy and hope it's not as serious as it sounds like it could be.
Happily it was the second day of rookie camp! ;)

Sounds like a mild sprain, at worse he'll have an MRI and there will be a slight tear requiring he rest a few weeks, he's got May, June, & July before they have to PUP him. Not a crisis yet folks. Think positive thoughts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes