PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McGowan to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the trade for Jarrad Page makes sense now..

Thats what I was afraid of

I can't see the team letting Sanders go as well or all of a sudden our safety area becomes problematic

And the trade for Jarrad Page makes sense now..

Yup, that was my immediate assumption when I heard about the trade. Sanders sticks, IMO, he was too valuable at the end of last season after he replaced McGowan. And this has pretty much been the book on McGowan for his career so far: very injury-prone.

Thats what I was afraid of

I can't see the team letting Sanders go as well or all of a sudden our safety area becomes problematic

Doesn't really bother me too much, aside from hoping that he recovers fully and quickly. Not like his skills are irreplaceable.

Yup, that was my immediate assumption when I heard about the trade. Sanders sticks, IMO, he was too valuable at the end of last season after he replaced McGowan. And this has pretty much been the book on McGowan for his career so far: very injury-prone.

I agree about Sanders. I've never been one to think that He'd be traded.

I think Breer is spewing rumors about Sanders out of his own expectations

Page looks to be a considerable upgrade over McGowan. The move makes even more sense now and assuming that it was a very low draft pick (maybe a 6th?) seems like a solid transaction.

I'm afraid to refresh the Main Page! What could be next?

I think Breer is spewing rumors about Sanders out of his own expectations

Yeah, to put it diplomatically, I don't put much stock in anything that Breer says until someone else confirms it. I started wondering if there might be something to the whole Sanders thing when Rapoport kinda-sorta got on board with it.

Page looks to be a considerable upgrade over McGowan. The move makes even more sense now and assuming that it was a very low draft pick (maybe a 6th?) seems like a solid transaction.

I haven't seen much of page, but this doesn't surprise me. I think McGowan was considerably overvalued on this board. Only like him as much as I do because he's a UMaine alum.

When was the last time we had this many IRs before the regular season? I know the secondary gets hit hard every year but that's usually with some games played:mad:

I am afraid to think about what might happen during the season...

Last edited:
Page is poor in run support and is a different player than McGowan. I wouldn't expect him to be used in the same sort of in-the-box role.

My reaction: meh.

Could be the end of the road for McGowan, I believe he is an UFA at season's end.

You've never seen Page play, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing