PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McGinist, Givens, Branch ETC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So, we are a quarter of the way through the season.

Let's have a little fun and look at the season stats these great players have thus far (I know not everbody played in all 4 games, but work with me here):

McGinest - 8 tackles, 1 assist, 1 sack
Branch - 5 catches for 80 yards. 0 TDs
Givens - 8 catches for 104 yards. 0 TDs
Andre Davis - 2 ST tackles. 0 catches for 0 yards.
Tim Dwight - 4 catches for 36 yards. 0 TDs
Matt Chatham - 3 tackles. 4 assists.

How could the Patriots let such incredible talent go? What are they thinking? Why don't they pay them the money for which they are asking? The sky is falling, the sky is falling.:)

Bostonian1962 said:

Let's have a little fun and look at the season stats these great players have thus far (I know not everbody played in all 4 games, but work with me here):

How could the Patriots let such incredible talent go? What are they thinking? Why don't they pay them the money for which they are asking? The sky is falling, the sky is falling.:)

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.............

they still get their money though.

sdaniels7114 said:
True, just let someone else overpay.

sdaniels7114 said:
And we still get out comp picks along the lines of a #1, two 5ths, two 7ths, etc.

If we kept all of them who might not be with the team now???

Pats726 said:
If we kept all of them who might not be with the team now???

All of a sudden, I like our team!

Give me Atrell Hawkins & Chad Scott, baby!

Seriously, the Broncos and the Bengals games reminded me of something I had lost sight of when it comes to the NFL...

It's never as bad as it seems and it's never as good as it seems!

We better get ready for Miami because they are a pissed-off team with a good coach...

The Fins coming into Foxboro this week reminds me a little of the Pats heading into Cincy last week!

The difference is we have Bill Belichick, not Marvin Lewis, so our players won't be ****y and unprepared!

ADPF

Last edited:
Bostonian1962 said:

Also, didn't we lose a certain kicker for big bucks, too?

Jacky Roberts said:

Oh that's right, we can't remember his name, because he has only played in one game so far. He was held out of the Jets game, because it rained earlier in the day, but he will be able to play next week, because they will be home in the dome.

FreeTedWilliams said:
Oh that's right, we can't remember his name, because he has only played in one game so far. He was held out of the Jets game, because it rained earlier in the day, but he will be able to play next week, because they will be home in the dome.

Ah, yes, so I take it he didn't kick on Sunday?

All of these pundits who keep bemoaning THAT particular loss need a little reality check. I mean, the AV of a few years ago is a big loss for our team, for sure, but how in the world would Groin! Injured! Adam be helpful for our team at all sitting on the sidelines?

Bella*chick said:
Ah, yes, so I take it he didn't kick on Sunday?

All of these pundits who keep bemoaning THAT particular loss need a little reality check. I mean, the AV of a few years ago is a big loss for our team, for sure, but how in the world would Groin! Injured! Adam be helpful for our team at all sitting on the sidelines?

No, he didn't kick on Sunday, I believe that Gramatica did and it seems to me they were bemoaning his low bullet-type kickoffs that didn't give them time to get down field! I was loving Gost's endzone kickoffs last Sunday!:p

Bostonian1962 said:

In all fairness, Davis, Dwight and Chatham are all role players. I agree with letting Willie go. With the exception of a top QB, paying top dollar to a 35 year old player doesnt make a lot of sense. I guess I'm on the fense with Givens, but looking at the money it seems like the right move.

While I was one of the many who thought the Pats shouldn't break the bank for Branch, I'm starting to think that we really should have kept him. Not that his relationship with Brady isn't important, but more over he is the perfect WR for Brady and the Pats system. While I like the Pats approach to not overpaying for players, I do believe that we should have gotten this one done. Just my 2 cents worth.

BelichickFan said:
And we still get out comp picks along the lines of a #1, two 5ths, two 7ths, etc.

Great point. I hadn't thought about that. Funny, why don't the Brother's Negative (Felger and Borges) ever mention this?:)

Jacky Roberts said:

True, and I'll never be able to prove this, but AV was GONE regardless of what the Pats did. 4 for 8 from beyond 40 yards last year meant that he was going to a dome. Heck, he didn't even give the Patriots a chance to match, so I'd be hard pressed to give the Pats too much grief.

All I am sayyyyyyingggggggggg is give Ghost a Chance! :)

BelichickFan said:

You meant a #3 instead of a #1, right?

Last edited:
Clonamery said:

I think they're referring to the #1 Branch yielded us.

Nice thread. A little perspective, eh?

And I will wait to decide whether we should have put up with Branch's nonsense until I see how Gabriel develops.

I like Gabriel so far.

Clonamery said:

I was assuming he meant the Seattle trade.

Bostonian1962 said:
I think they're referring to the #1 Branch yielded us.

Ahh, Compensatory picks in the larger sense not the literal. Gotcha, stand corrected.

I don't have a huge problem w/most of the guys on that list as far as them no longer being w/us. For various reasons, I think the FO did the right thing in letting them go. However, I would take Branch back in a heartbeat! I remember seeing the 60 Minutes interview w/Brady when they showed Brady & Branch talking about how they connect on the field to make plays happen. I don't agree with Branch holding out while under contract, but this loss is a bit harder to swallow for me for so many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back