PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McGinest on Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Didnt see a thread, merge or delete if needed. Anyone else see Willie on NFL total access last night? Says he talks to Brady all the time and that he is well ahead of schedule, running around, doing qb drills and will be ready for the start of the season. he does note however, that he is not a doctor.

Re: willie mcginest on Tom Brady

good to hear that from a friend of Brady. Though I wouldnt read into this anymore than anything else. At this point I am confident he will be ready for week 1 but will still be concerned until I see him playing as seeing is believing.

PS one more go around Willie come home where you belong.

Didnt see a thread, merge or delete if needed. Anyone else see Willie on NFL total access last night? Says he talks to Brady all the time and that he is well ahead of schedule, running around, doing qb drills and will be ready for the start of the season. he does note however, that he is not a doctor.

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

If Lawyer says the same, I'm convinced.

Brady is fine, on with 2009.

Last edited:

I never really had any doubt that he would be fine. I mean, 1 year to recover from any injury is a good amount of time (unless its like spinal, or some other life threating thing.)

I have only one opinion on these matters: most of what we hear about Brady's recovery is deliberate contradictory information.

People are talking because they are asked to talk about it.

I saw the movie W. this weekend, and in it, President Bush the 1st doesn't want to give advice on Iraq directly to his son because he knows they feel differently about it. The scene cuts to GWB discussing something Bush I's national security chief, Brent Scowcroft, says about the plans to invade Iraq. GWB clearly interprets this as a message from his father.

This seems like what is going on here. People are just deliberately leaking things, and it explains why Curran is all over the place on this.

Brady is fine, on with 2009.

That's catchy, I like it and I agree :rocker:
I heard part of a commercial on EEI (Brady's voice), something about him hosting a bicycle race or ride for charity. No link or anything, it was on in the car and I wasn't able to catch the entire thing but everything sounds encouraging.

Gawd I can't wait til TC:help:

What McGinest said may not be definitive but it is very good news from yet another source "who would know".

I agree with Upstater. Considering what's at stake in terms of how Brady's percieved recovery affects Cassel's "price" on the trading block, I wouldn't believe what anyone is saying at this point.

ill start believing what people say when tb is on the field in july
until then, its all smoke and mirrors

I agree with Upstater. Considering what's at stake in terms of how Brady's percieved recovery affects Cassel's "price" on the trading block, I wouldn't believe what anyone is saying at this point.
Somehow I doubt McGinest is part of the great Brady information conspiracy.

Somehow I doubt McGinest is part of the great Brady information conspiracy.

Errrrr, why not? As I friend, I've been asked to put a bug in other people's ears. I did it for a friend just this week.

It's a thing friends do for one another.

Errrrr, why not? As I friend, I've been asked to put a bug in other people's ears. I did it for a friend just this week.

It's a thing friends do for one another.
I doubt it. I didn't say it's impossible. I just doubt their relationship goes to the level of McGinest being part of the great conspiracy. Additionally, if it did it would be advantageous right now for McGinest to say Brady is 50-50 at best for the season as that would help Cassel's trade value more.

I met a guy in a dark parking garage and he said he knew a guy who knows a guy close to Tom and he said....... oh wait no who's that over there watching us?........ run.............

I don't think we need to get all consiparcy theory....I think you take each source for what it is worth. I mean he will be back and until he gets back out there we'll never know how much he is effected. Hearing Willie say he is fine is good but you still have to see it. But ease up on the conspiracies

I LOVE a good conspiracy theory too but Big Willie's not on the Bradygate payroll. Or IS he.....undercover maybe? Or could this mean he's coming back to NE? Stay tuned ;)

upstater

I agree with you. I can't imagine that Willie wouldn't say something without TB's OK. Besides, it's equally conceivable that the "Brady is going to be OK" theme has as much value to the Pats as the " TB will not be back in 2009" theme.

Is Polian punching walls yet? Is he trying to make new rules yet?

When he starts punching walls and creating new rules we'll know all systems are go with Tom. ;)

Why dont we just have a series of posts debating the meaning of each word Willie said. Clearly this was months in the making, and Willie has a team of advisors going over what to say if asked "have you talked to Brady" on a daily basis.
I guess it depends on what the definition of is is.

Come on guys. Whether you want to be optimisitic or pessimistic, there is nothing hidden here.
Someone was talking to Willie, and OFF THE CUFF brought up Brady, and Willie said he talks to him all the time, and he is ahead of schedule, working out, doing drills.
There is no conspiracy theory at work here its a guy being asked a SIMPLE AND BENIGN QUESTION.

I would consider this proof positive that Brady is doing drills and Brady feels he is ahead of schedule.
THERE IS SIMPLY NO REASON WHATSOEVER FOR ANYONE TO MANIPULATE THE TRUTH OR FLOAT FALSE RUMORS.

Healthy Tom: AFC East Champs easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye