PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McGahee traded to Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that he cost them a 1st round pick. And now they probably have to spend a 1st to replace him. The Ravens got a bargain in terms of talent but the personality of the player is a well known problem.

the fact he cost them a 1st a few years ago means nothing. that turned out to be a bad deal. refusing to cut their losses and get something in return while they can would only be compounding things. Selling at a loss is better than getting nothing (and putting up with the guy for another year).

Good to know Mgahee isnt in our division anymore.

This a balance of power changer in the AFC as Baltimore just became much better. McGahee is the slug-it-out, rock-dragging hammer they can use to run off big chunks of time then send out the D to frustrate the opponent into mistakes. Not good for the Pats at all; I wish McGahee had gone to Green Bay. Look out if the Ravens get a legit QB, they will be trouble.

This a balance of power changer in the AFC as Baltimore just became much better. McGahee is the slug-it-out, rock-dragging hammer they can use to run off big chunks of time then send out the D to frustrate the opponent into mistakes. Not good for the Pats at all; I wish McGahee had gone to Green Bay. Look out if the Ravens get a legit QB, they will be trouble.
I wouldn't be so sure that McGahee makes Baltimore better. Yes, he does have a lot of talent, but he's also got a history of injuries, and a terrible attitude. He proclaimed himself The Best Back in the NFL, only to have a dissapointing year.

Yeah hes Young and it cost them a last 1st a few years ago. I think they should held out for like a 2nd this year and 3rd next year. Typical crappy move by buff.
Buffalo is certainly famous for crappy moves, they;ve done it over and over, but you act like they could get a second and a third if they just held out. It is possible no one would give that much up for the guy.

If the Patriots gave up a second and a third for him, I know I'd be ripping mad.

The 1st they gave for him is history. They aren't getting it back. SO the question is: play him one more year and get nothing or get two thirds and a seventh now.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Very nice move by Buff getting two thirds. McGahee is just a cancer, hopefully he breaks his knees again and can never walk again.

You never wish that dude..........next thing you know Maroney is out for the season after 1 game with a leg injury. Thats bad karma, leave it off the forums.

Last edited:
I think people on this board are severely overrating McGahee. The guy mails it in a lot. He just doesn't play hard, and he does this repeatedly.

I wouldn't surprised to see him breakout in a contract year however.

screw this bad karma crap. if you guys want to call him classless than so be it and take the moral high ground. don't call him out on the ******ed belief that his words will have any influence on the team he roots for. and karma doesn't punish you by hurting others.

I wouldn't surprised to see him breakout in a contract year however.

It doesn't look like it will come to that beacuse apparently Baltimore is going to give him a huge contract extension.

Why exactly is this a good move for Buffalo?

Because they are rebuilding and getting younger, trying to change the chemistry of their team.

so now Buffalo has no RBs?

They either have something in the works, or they are flirting with disaster.

Who are the best RBs remaining in free agency? Dillon? Rhodes?

McGahee is a hype machine who has NEVER had stats commensurate with his reputation.

1250 yards was his best season. He's averaged about 1,000 yards a season. Pedestrian numbers.

And he doesn't catch a damn thing coming out of the backfield. Nor does he block well, or even recognize assignments. But that's because he'll tell you he's a pure runner, baby.

A pure runner who in three years has had YPC of 4.0, 3.8, 3.8.

In the 3 years he's been in the league, Thomas Jones has outperformed him. Thomas Jones certainly didn't get that kind of attention. So did Fred Taylor. No one even really pays attention to Fred Taylor.

All in all, the only thing to suffer from his freak injury was his talent. He still got paid, and he's still spouted off by pundits reaching to identify the top 10 backs in the NFL. And every year, he'll be vastly overrated because he's bullish, brash, and gets the ball 300 times a season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye