McGahee to Baltimore Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFPatsFan11

On the Roster
Reaction score
PER PFT.
McGAHEE TO RAVENS TONIGHT OR TOMORROW?

A league source tells us that there's a good chance that the Buffalo Bill will trade running back Willis McGahee to the Baltimore Ravens on Wednesday night or Thursday.

Per the source, there are a couple of other teams still in the hunt for McGahee. As of now, however, the Ravens are at the front of the pack.

Also, a reader tells us that there are reports on Sirius NFL Radio that such a trade would entail Baltimore sending a second-round pick and a fifth-round pick to Buffalo.

If the trade happens, Ravens likely will be signing McGahee to a long-term deal. Based on recent contracts, McGahee could get $20 million in guaranteed money. (Ray Lewis will be thrilled with that.)

Meanwhile, the Bills are looking for McGahee's eventual replacement. Chris Brown visited Buffalo on Wednesday, and Corey Dillon is up next.

THis may be while DIllon is heaidng to Buffalo.

Perfect fit.

Ravens are The U -- Professional Edition.

Sirius radio reported 2nd and 5th for him..

Sirius radio reported 2nd and 5th for him..

Hmm. Stealing McGahee in the 1st wasn't quite the coup Hollywood Donahoe made it out to be after all I guess.

so who is buffalo gonna use? A-Train?

If McGahee didn't have his knee bent 90 degrees in the wrong direction in the Orange Bowl against OSU, he would have been a top 5 pick. As it is, he was a high pick even though he sat out the entire rookie season. Buffalo is a subpar unit and he showed some flashes of brilliance. I would expect Baltimore to be at the top of the AFC next year along with NE and DEN. I like this move by a team whose defense is sick and needs help on offense always.

Where does this leave the Giants? Dillon? Overpay for Rhodes? I don't think they can be happy about this.

Where does this leave the Giants? Dillon? Overpay for Rhodes? I don't think they can be happy about this.

I'm not all that high on Rhodes, but I do think he'd be a good fit for the Giants. I say that b/c I think Jacobs can carry the load and be a beast. But that's to be determined.

This is a good move by the Bills, if you ask me. The guy still has enough in him to intrigue other teams, but ultimately I think he's a dog. Just does not play hard. Reminds me of Edgerrin James. And not only because of the U. It's the losses he takes. Always looking to pop the big one. Gets frustrated early, and is a me-first type player. I don't think he brings it each and every game, and I'd be loathe to pay this guy a big contract.

The Bills front office really blew it with those FA signings. But ultimately it seems that they wouldn't have been able to sign Celemnts anyway. They should have locked him up last year, given the rate people are paying this year. Fletcher was too old to help them because by the time they improve, he'll be retired. Maybe overpaying for Dockery isn't such a bad idea but Mike florio ereported today that he heard Walker jumped on the deal as soon as it was offered. That's not a good sign.

DEN over the Chargers and Colts? :eek:

The chargers have a completely new staff. They let some good coordinators walk who could have taken the head coaching job but they left too. Could be great but could have adjustment problems - Rivers hasnt proved his worth yet - I could hand the ball of to LT 20 times a game as well as he can.

Colts havent improved their defense yet. Remember their rush defense? It was great in the playoffs but they got hot at the right time of the year. Over the course of a season, they are still vulnerable and I am not afraid of them on grass / in snow with Pats having a higher seed.

The chargers have a completely new staff. They let some good coordinators walk who could have taken the head coaching job but they left too. Could be great but could have adjustment problems - Rivers hasnt proved his worth yet - I could hand the ball of to LT 20 times a game as well as he can.

Colts havent improved their defense yet. Remember their rush defense? It was great in the playoffs but they got hot at the right time of the year. Over the course of a season, they are still vulnerable and I am not afraid of them on grass / in snow with Pats having a higher seed.

The Chargers are still one of the most talented teams in football. I understand that they lost some coaches, but like you said, they could be great still. Their QB is more proven than Cutler.

B/C Denver doesn't have a proven QB, i don't know how they can be considered ahead of the Chargers and Colts. This team lost to the 49ers at home with a playoff berth on the line. I have them in my "AFC Power Rankings" :) in 5th place, and I'm not really sure that they should be ahead of JAX.

PIT is also up there with those teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey