PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McFadden to the Jets??? I'm gonna be sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddell1

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Has anyone else looked at mock drafts or listened to other projections that McFadden is very possibly going to the Jets? That would suck. I hope this is not true. Anyone know their current RB situation? Is this a top need for them?

This has been the case for a couple of weeks. I think its 50/50 depending if Al Davis uses common sense and does not take him. I personally want McFadden but im starting switch to the Gholston band wagon. A core on D of Dave Harris, Gholston, Rhodes, Revis, Jenkins, Pace would be a player or two from a scary defense. If McFadden was on the board I think there is no way they would pass him. We have Jones and Leon but neither are reason enough not to take and elite talent like him and give our offense a true playmaker

Last edited:
Has anyone else looked at mock drafts or listened to other projections that McFadden is very possibly going to the Jets? That would suck. I hope this is not true. Anyone know their current RB situation? Is this a top need for them?

You are overreacting. McFadden is another Reggie Bush, a guy who was athletic enough to be great against college competition, but who will not have the same success against NFL defenders. I wouldn't mind at all if they draft him, I think there are other players who could help them a lot more.

Why would you be sick?

*Note: I'm not very big on Mcfadden, I think he is overrated and will be injury prone in the NFL. He looks like a WR and in fact I think Chad Jackson has thicker legs than him. Let them spend big money on a RB.

You are overreacting. McFadden is another Reggie Bush, a guy who was athletic enough to be great against college competition, but who will not have the same success against NFL defenders. I wouldn't mind at all if they draft him, I think there are other players who could help them a lot more.

I agree with you on your second point G-Fresh but your off base on the reggie bush point. Watching the both play for 3 plus years they are nothing a like except they are exceptionally fast. His style is completely different from Bush. Out of college everyone knew Reggie was not an every down back, that not the case here. McFadden actually grinded out tough yards i.e. the LSU game at the end of the season. He carried the Rock over 325 times in the toughest conference in college football and tore up college football. Reggie Bush played in the Pac 10 which has some of the worse defenses in the nation the last ten years outside of USC and Bush also had a loaded cast around him.

Last edited:
Jets would be stupid to pass on McFadden their skill positions suck.

Are they going to play him at QB? Until they answer that questions, the Jets are a non-factor.

:confused:
i thought that for the pats will be ok if jets trade mcfadden...
pats have more chances to draft gholston...

Don't watch much SEC football do you? 50% of those *are* NFL defenders. ;)

Remember when someone pointed out that the leagues passing leader has never won the super bowl? I'm willing to bet the same holds true for leading rushers. Maybe not a "never" situation, but more often than not a team can win without a top 5 running back.

In today's NFL, the running game needs to be solid but not the focal point for an offense to be successful. If the Jets want to tie up #6 overall pick RB money on McFadden, I say let them.

Good. Let the Jets waste the pick on him. I'm not a fan of drafting running backs early in the first, especially top 10. The money is too huge and they are at a position where they are abused and have a shorter career than other positions that are more important anyway.

I think if McFadden falls to the Jets that pick is a lock. Based on the Jets offseason over-spending spree, I think Mangini and Tannenbaum are trying to win now to save their jobs. McFadden has the potential to be a major offensive threat his rookie year a la Adrian Peterson.

As long as the Jets don't take Gholston, I'm happy. I think he can be a very special player for the Pats. They can have McFadden for all I care because they still don't have a QB or WR's that scare anybody.

Im hoping as we all should be that the Jets do indeed take McFadden, first off hes not going to be nearly as good as Peterson. And second, that would leave the Pats to draft Gholston.

Im hoping as we all should be that the Jets do indeed take McFadden, first off hes not going to be nearly as good as Peterson. And second, that would leave the Pats to draft Gholston.

You are correct........McFadden may be a good back in the NFL, but no way is he close to Peterson in terms of game breaking ability. Add to the mix character issues and you have a great chance for another Jet draft day screw up!!

You DO realize that the Jets have the 6th pick, right? And that at least the 6th best player in the draft will be available to them.

So they will pick someone.

Lucky for us they pick like crap. The last decent player they picked was Curtis Martin. Oh, wait .........

Well, I think he's either going at 4th overall, or 6th overall. The Raiders don't need him (they have Fargas, Bush, Rhodes, ect), but I could see Al Davis falling in love with him, as he generally falls in love with measurables.

Also, now that Gholston actually put up those freakish workout numbers, I think he has a good chance of getting selected by the Raiders. The Rams supposedly really like him, but it's also been reported that they are even bigger Jake Long fans. I wouldn't understand the Jets selecting Gholston at 6th overall, after they signed Pace, but they've made some fishy moves so who knows.

I'll add that I'm not sure the Patriots value Gholston at the level some fans might believe. He's still a raw conversion project, who they would be giving a bunch of money to. He also seems more fond of playing in a 4-3 defensive front, and he's represented by Condon. For those who missed Reiss's comment on the subject, NE hasn't dealt with any of Condon's players since Watson held out as a rookie.

Anyone got any theories why no one has the Jets interested in Matt Ryan? They do need to win now but isn't quarterback the biggest question mark on that team now? Sure McFadden might help them win now but look what the Vikings did this year with AP, sure he tore it up and won a couple games for them but they still didn't make the playoffs. No way the Jets are beating the Pats (at least consistently) until they can put up some points. Chad Pennington's just not going to be able to get it done. If they took Ryan they've already got a decent line in place now, polished their defense up a bit... THomas Jones might not be the answer at RB but he's serviceable. I think that team looks a whole lot better than one with Noodle Arm and McFadden.

Actually, he's the one prospect I hope they select. No knock against him (even though he's not my favorite RB), but I wouldn't be so confident that he'll produce vs the Pats front seven, or more importantly -- carry them to victory in our head-to-head matchups twice a season.

I'd be much more concerned if they improved their defense (especially their pass rush) vs Brady. I also wouldn't be fond of them pairing an elite CB with Revis. But whoever they do add won't improve them enough to overtake the Pats...making this topic rather pointless. JMO.

I'm ok with the Jets taking McFadden, but I think a LOT of you guys are really underestimating him. McFadden's mix of quickness, speed, and vision is exactly the kind of thing that gives the Pats defense fits. Especially since our linebackers are older and less mobile. If McFadden gets to the outside, forget about it. Better pray that our new corners can tackle well, cos DMac gets to the 2nd level in a hurry.

Running behind an improved OL (the Jets have invested heavily in it recently both in free agency and the draft), DMac is going to terrorize the division for at least the next 5-6 years. BTW Maroney is the one with the injury issues not DMac, so I think you are getting your RBs confused. McFadden carried the rock over 300 times last season, proving he can handle the role of a team's lead feature back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes