Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
McDaniels: 'Wouldn't surprise me' if Belichick coached into his 70s

2 points:

First, maybe this explains the report that Josh wants to explore head coaching after this year.

Second... if true...

tumblr_m3z7xwheRw1qh59n0o1_500.gif

I'd love to post this link over at Gang Green or Jets Nation... but I fear the loss of human life. o_O

Jets fans are human, right?

Even if BB retired at 75 Josh (40) would still be a young-ish Head Coach if he waited to take BB's place.

I wouldn't mind seeing a transition in which BB stayed on as GM and handed over the HC responsibilities to JD.

No but you might get harassed by PETA.

af7adcc76e187454a6d8f67a6bff0990.jpg

"So Belichick might coach longer? Don't worry, I won't kill myself.

You think I want to wear this f***ing thing?"

So he's basically saying he wouldn't be surprised if BB lived into his 70's?

I never even considered him retiring before 70. He's 64 now, so I'd bet he has 8-11 more years in him? 6-7 for sure.

Even if BB retired at 75 Josh (40) would still be a young-ish Head Coach if he waited to take BB's place.

I wouldn't mind seeing a transition in which BB stayed on as GM and handed over the HC responsibilities to JD.

Playing Devils Advocate - if BB wasn't willing to be HC (of the Jets) with BP as GM, what makes you think a coach under BB would want to do the same? Honestly I doubt BB would even consider it, just because he was in those same shoes and most likely wouldn't like to put one of his coaches in the same position.

Playing Devils Advocate - if BB wasn't willing to be HC (of the Jets) with BP as GM, what makes you think a coach under BB would want to do the same? Honestly I doubt BB would even consider it, just because he was in those same shoes and most likely wouldn't like to put one of his coaches in the same position.

Good question.

Wonder if there is a difference between the relationships of BB/BP and BB/JD?

Good question.

Wonder if there is a difference between the relationships of BB/BP and BB/JD?

I don't think BB would think he could just impose the GM/HC arrangement upon McDaniel and think that McDaniel would be automatically OK with it.

what we need to do is get someone in now that will shadow Scar and learn under him before he retires (again)

I never even considered him retiring before 70. He's 64 now, so I'd bet he has 8-11 more years in him? 6-7 for sure.

Well, he's said he didn't want to be coaching into his 70s like Marv Levy did.

I don't think BB would think he could just impose the GM/HC arrangement upon McDaniel and think that McDaniel would be automatically OK with it.

I agree although I don't think BB would force his will onto JD. I would like to think that it was under mutual agreement. Possibly including handing over GM to JD after the HC transition was complete.

No way for me to know but you both have raised good points.

I was just speculating a way that would keep JD here until BB retired.

Iowa City, Iowa
*phone rings*
Brian Ferentz: Hello?
Darth Hoodie: It is time. . . .

I met him at a coaching clinic in StL. Incredibly easy guy to listen to, passionate and very at ease talking to a crowd of youth/HS/small college coaches about OL fundamentals. I sat for 3 hours listening to him. Any time he wanted to come back to NE we'd be lucky to get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back