PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels won't rule out interviewing with Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh wouls be nuts to take that job . . . But if he can he should interview next week just for the exposure and experience.
Agree with both thoughts. I don't think he would take the job if offered. But going through the interview process would be good for him; it's different than interviewing in the off week of the playoffs window because the preparations for the interview after this week wouldn't get in the way of preparing for a playoff game.

He'd be nuts with a whole lot of Daniel Snyder's money.

Agreed. If he's offered enough money, he'd be nuts not to take it.

Josh is the only person we can afford to lose from the offense and maybe Stallworth..

Meddling, incompetent owner.

Coach with no position coaching experience.

Offensive coordinator already picked for coach who's only non-subordinate experience is as offensive coordinator.

Makes Pete Carroll walking into the Bobby Grier administration look like a dream team by comparison.

Yeah, as Mo posted, I heard it was Mariucci who is now the object of Snyder's affection. It makes sense if Mariucci had input into hiring the offensive and defensive coordinators. Mariucci has commitments through the Super Bowl with the NFL Network.

Snyder tends to go for "name" coaches. I was also wondering whether he had Cowher in his back pocket, but last I heard about Cowher was that he was determined to remain out of the NFL for another year.

I thought that old Fossil had the Deadskins job.

Well, maybe it is just me but I would be very, very happy if Brady was making his own calls. Yep, that would make my day.

Would losing McDaniels really be a major blow to the Pats' offense? I'm not saying that I don't think he's good- I just think that there are other guys, probably as good, who would kill for his job.

The guy can be replaced EASILY...

This is much to do about nothing. First of all I do not believe Josh will leave this year or in the near future. While the Redskins job is one of the best in the league, under its current set up it would be a disaster for a first time HC of Josh's age.

The owner is feast or famine. He will support your team with money, but wants instant gratification.

The fact that most of the key assistant jobs are already in place, could make that job untenable.

THAT BEING SAID, I think it would be a great experience for McDaniel to go down after the season and go through the interview PROCESS. It will not only give him a chance to see how NOT to run a franchise, but it will do him will to go through the process, and make his NEXT, more serious forray into getting a HCing job, that much more effective.

This is much to do about nothing. First of all I do not believe Josh will leave this year or in the near future. While the Redskins job is one of the best in the league, under its current set up it would be a disaster for a first time HC of Josh's age.

The owner is feast or famine. He will support your team with money, but wants instant gratification.

The fact that most of the key assistant jobs are already in place, could make that job untenable.

THAT BEING SAID, I think it would be a great experience for McDaniel to go down after the season and go through the interview PROCESS. It will not only give him a chance to see how NOT to run a franchise, but it will do him will to go through the process, and make his NEXT, more serious forray into getting a HCing job, that much more effective.
Agree on all points, Ken. If afforded an opportunity to interview, Josh would be well-advised to take it. However, there are far better places to begin a HC career. Snyder provides far from a stable environment and is the anti-Kraft in terms of granting autonomy to his staff. The only coach he left alone was Gibbs. It is unlikely to ever happen again.

Look at the Washington job for a minute:

First, they have already hired the OC and DC without a head coach. Those guys have a history with the team. You'd want to come into that situation? You cannot select your own staff? They run a different system?

Second, the Redskins currently boast a salary cap figure of $140mm for next season. That is the highest in the league by $20mm, and $24mm over the projected cap. They are the only team in real salary cap trouble. While every other team can compete for free agents, at least somewhere, the Redskins really cannot, and will have to cut and restructure.

I'm not sure that's very attractive for a young coach.

I think the Giants assistant coaches might be more attractive.

In a million years I cannot imagine a worse job opportunity for Josh if he wants to stick around be relevant as a coach.

My god, the owner is handpicking the coordinators before a head coach and the organization has not had and will continue not to have a real GM. They have no clue what they are doing at Redskin park.

The fans are even having "Snyder has to go" rallies. This is not a good situation no matter how you slice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back