PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels trying to get Quinn now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Keys to the Donkeymobile" - Dude, that was funny!

BTW - I looked up Jay Cutler's stats - WOW! Impressive!!!

Win/Loss - 17/20
No Play-Off appearences
62.5% Completion Prctg.
Td's/Ints - 54/37
QB Rating 87.1%

In case you're looking you can look him up under, JAG.

Or as Kyle on South Park said to Cutler on an episode, "Nice to meet you. I mean, you kinda suck, but my dad says you might be good some day."

EDIT: HE was a Pro Bowler last year, beating out The Cassel - What a joke.

Point of order, I think that was Stan who said that :D

The rest of it, spot on.

I want the option that makes the Broncos suck the most.

I don't really care who their coach is. It was great while he was here, but now he's the enemy. Seeing an AFC team that has some dysfunctionality is ok with me.

Keep whining Jay.

I think Cutler is severely overrated. Haven't we learned yet that throwing for a lot of yards isn't the barometer of a good QB? Nor is 'great arm'.
Any QB in the NFL can put up a lot of stats in the right system, with the right players around them. The SITUATION dictates the stats more than the player.
There is a small margin separating the 5th best to the 25th best QB in the NFL in terms of what kind of numbers they could put up in the same situation, or in other words, the physical tools.
There is a WIDE, VAST, DRAMATIC difference in the mental part of the game that separates QB who consistently win and consistently win big games.
There is not a very long list of QBs that fit the 'winner' category that were sub-500 QBs this far into their careers. In fact, I am having a hard time thinking of any that were still losing by year 3.
Personally, I think Cutler has a lot of physical tools, but he lacks the 'it' that makes a consistent top flight 'winner' of a QB. That doesnt mean he will never win, but it would be a suprise if he develops into more than say a Bledsoe, or Testaverde, or Warren Moon, that is guys who can put up numbers but are just missing that ingredient that makes them winners.
If I am Josh McDaniel and I see it that way, and I see that there is an imaturity (way too many examples, between feuding with Rivers, the Elway comments, and now this) I would cut bait immediately and find someone else to build my team around.
Big arms who can throw for a lot of yards on a mediocre team are a dime a dozen. AND many teams think that is requisite in a winner rather than unrelated.
Having 'grown up' in NE and knowing how to educate a QB, I'd take my chances with someone still to be molded before I let my career go into the hands of a kid who has an ego like this one does after accomplishing basically nothing.

In my corner of the world, a QB who led my team to choking up a 3 game lead with 3 left, and getting the HC fired, is feeling responsible and worried about his job, not acting like he is owed a job and is insulted that the team would want to upgrade over a player that brought them a losing record.
How does Cutler ever improve if he thinks he is better than the sub-500 record he has put up. And THAT is the heart of the problem.

The Denver Broncos have told CBS4 Broncos Insider Gary Miller, the team is absolutely not going to trade quarterback Jay Cutler. There had been wide spread speculation in recent days that Cutler might be dealt. But on Tuesday afternoon, the team's announcement put to bed once and for all any chance that the Pro Bowl quarterback would be leaving Denver.

Head Coach Josh McDaniels will have a face-to-face meeting with Cutler sometime next week when the quarterback is due to return to Colorado.

To anyone who cares...

McDaniels and Cutler will meet on Monday, Cutler will "absolutely not be traded" according to someone in the front office.

Good news for Broncos fans.

I want the option that makes the Broncos suck the most.

I don't really care who their coach is. It was great while he was here, but now he's the enemy. Seeing an AFC team that has some dysfunctionality is ok with me.

Keep whining Jay.
:ditto:

what he said!

Yah, and ten to one Cutler didn't call that meeting.

I think it goes something like this:

JM: Hi, Jay. Have a seat.
JC: (sits down.)
JM: Jay, I understand you have concerns that our offense might not be your cup of tea.
JC: Well, Josh, I'm just used to...
JM: Did I tell you to speak? Jay, here's the thing. I'm from New England, and you, well, you're a whiny little *****.
JC: HEY I'm gonna...
JM: Shut up *****. Now the thing is, I don't like whiny little *****es. I understand you want a trade. You may speak.
JC: Damn right I want a trade.
JM: That would be rewarding your behavior, Jay. Maybe you're just cranky because you missed nap-time, but I don't think your behavior merits a reward.
JC: I don't care I'll just cost you money... :p
JM: No, Jay, you won't just cost me money. Because every day you play here you are on a job interview. One day, if you're lucky, I may trade you. Or, if you're good, you may leave when your contract's over, and then boy will I be sorry. Boo. Frackin. Hoo.
JC: What if I just suck?
JM: You already just suck. Now here's the upside. I worked with Brady. I worked with Cassel. You know, the high school guy with a better rating than you last year? Yeah. Now, you can work with me, or you can dig the hole deeper and deeper.
JC: WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
JM: Right, I'll see you in OTAs.

He does seem to throw a lot of really bad INT's.

Yah, and ten to one Cutler didn't call that meeting.

I think it goes something like this:

JM: Hi, Jay. Have a seat.
JC: (sits down.)
JM: Jay, I understand you have concerns that our offense might not be your cup of tea.
JC: Well, Josh, I'm just used to...
JM: Did I tell you to speak? Jay, here's the thing. I'm from New England, and you, well, you're a whiny little *****.
JC: HEY I'm gonna...
JM: Shut up *****. Now the thing is, I don't like whiny little *****es. I understand you want a trade. You may speak.
JC: Damn right I want a trade.
JM: That would be rewarding your behavior, Jay. Maybe you're just cranky because you missed nap-time, but I don't think your behavior merits a reward.
JC: I don't care I'll just cost you money... :p
JM: No, Jay, you won't just cost me money. Because every day you play here you are on a job interview. One day, if you're lucky, I may trade you. Or, if you're good, you may leave when your contract's over, and then boy will I be sorry. Boo. Frackin. Hoo.
JC: What if I just suck?
JM: You already just suck. Now here's the upside. I worked with Brady. I worked with Cassel. You know, the high school guy with a better rating than you last year? Yeah. Now, you can work with me, or you can dig the hole deeper and deeper.
JC: WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
JM: Right, I'll see you in OTAs.

Man, I only wish.
Thanks for the entertaining post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back