PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take Josh McD and Randy Moss back for 2011 thank you.

Not gonna happen... Bill came back to Tuna with his tail between his legs after the rug got pulled out from under him in Cleveland. He made some enemies, he didn't break the rules. He also had some success before the owner sabotaged him. Even then he came back as a special assistant because of loyalty to the guy who was handling the DC duties at the time. I don't think BB will reward BoB's performance this season by cutting him off at the knees. And we already have a guy with the Asst. HC title. Besides which I don't know that Kraft would be comfortable with bringing Josh back immediately after what got him fired.

Moss is history.

Re: Josh mcadaniels fired

pre-mature IMO.

I hope he doesn't find his way to San Diego. Rivers and McDaniels together could be dangerous.

Premature firing but McDaniels didn't help his position at all with countless moronic moves. The Cutler move was great, but he got nothing out of it. It's like putting a nice deke on a goalie and then missing the net.

Last edited:
Wow, did not see this coming..

*Points and laughs*

281160490921c2b1c98f9cb8914c43db61226fe1.gif

you are correct

mcdaniels was fired because he's an *******, plain and simple

Pretty much. It didn't hurt that his team was playing like absolute garbage either. I used to be a big McDaniels fan up until a couple of weeks ago. He was a great OC for us, but the report that came out that detailed him throwing Belichick under the bus after he got caught for the same thing destroyed my opinion of him. That was a ******* rat move.

WWWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too quick to fire him. Jeez, at least give him one more year with a competent GM, see if he can right the mess. You're already paying him anyway, and there might be a very short offseason for a new coach to implement a new system.

I am also curious what happens with Tebow now...it seems like he was Josh and Josh alones special project.

*Points and laughs*

281160490921c2b1c98f9cb8914c43db61226fe1.gif

Pretty much. It didn't hurt that his team was playing like absolute garbage either. I used to be a big McDaniels fan up until a couple of weeks ago. He was a great OC for us, but the report that came out that detailed him throwing Belichick under the bus after he got caught for the same thing destroyed my opinion of him. That was a ******* rat move.

The Patriots were taping systematically. The Patriots never denied that, and they turned over all the tapes to the Ommissioner. McDaniels' claim was that the Broncos incident was an isolated incident, unlike what had been happening in New England. I don't see how that's throwing anyone under the bus.

Opinions differ, I guess.

Last edited:
The Patriots were taping systematically. The Patriots never denied that, and they turned over all the tapes to the Ommissioner. McDaniels' claim was that the Broncos incident was an isolated incident, unlike what had been happening in New England. I don't see how that's throwing anyone under the bus.

Opinions differ, I guess.

I'm not denying that we were taping. You should know my opinion on that by now. What made me angry about it was McDaniels going necro and rehashing a subject about his mentor (the guy that specifically trained him and gave him extensive handouts on how to be a head coach) that was three years old in order to excuse himself and take the heat off of him. And no, I'm not buying the "stay hushed about it" part. Deep down, with all that happened, I'm sure that he knew that it was going to come out.

Last edited:
FWIW, per Reiss

I feel strongly about McDaniels' abilities as a coach, to the point that I think he could be Bill Belichick's successor in New England when that time comes. Along those lines, I don't think there has been any permanent harm in the McDaniels/Belichick relationship from this year's videotaping incident.

It will be easy to look at McDaniels' tenure in Denver and say the job was too big for him. It's hard to argue against that thought. But I see McDaniels back on the sidelines next year -- a 1996-type Bill Belichick top assistant position could fit, possibly in New England -- while working his way back toward another chance to be a head coach.

Thoughts on McDaniels' firing - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Stupid move by Denver.

Eric Studesville, Denver RB coach, is named the interim head coach.

I hope he doesn't find his way to San Diego. Rivers and McDaniels together could be dangerous.

Great point not to mention Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates.:scared:Josh is still a Great OC you guys see the numbers Brandon Lloyd has put up this year? Please Josh come home to papa.

Maroney might as well pack his bags too.

Not dangerous. Absolutely deadly. :eek:

Not really. Norm handles all the offense. He sucks as a head coach but is just as good as Josh if not better, as an OC. Has rings to prove it.

McDaniels completely threw Belichick under the bus over SpygateII. Screw him.

O'Brien is doing a fine job right now. McDaniels can join us if an opening comes up, but I'm pretty happy with our balanced offense right now that actually uses all 3 three of our tight ends, actually has a running game now, and has a potent red zone offense.

The Broncos offense put up huge passing numbers, but the team has been terrible since 6-0 and he is a poor talent evaluator.

People say Belichick has an ego but BB really doesn't. McDaniels seems to have a massive ego.

Last edited:
McDaniels completely threw Belichick under the bus over SpygateII. Screw him.

O'Brien is doing a fine job right now. McDaniels can join us if an opening comes up, but I'm pretty happy with our balanced offense right now that actually loses all 3 three of our tight ends.

His offense puts up huge passing numbers, but his team has been terrible since 6-0 and he is a poor talent evaluator.

People say Belichick has an ego but BB really doesn't. McDaniels seems to have a massive ego.
I firmly believe O'Brien has grown into the role as the season has progressed. I'm very happy with the O'Brien-Brady combination in 2010.

Not really. Norm handles all the offense. He sucks as a head coach but is just as good as Josh if not better, as an OC. Has rings to prove it.

Norv is a good OC, but I wouldn't take him over McDaniels. McDaniels should have ring, an undefeated team, and the greatest offense of all time under his belt. Because of the luckiest catch in the world and shoddy time keeping, he only has one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back