Welcome to PatsFans.com

McDaniels checks in

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BPF, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BPF

BPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I like the point that McDaniels made about having had only three negative runs in the last three games. It also seems to me that he is taking a little bit of a shot at Maroney when complementing BJGE below. Getting back to Green-Ellis, I like what I see and what I hear about him and wish him all the best. He could surprise some people this weekend w/a solid effort as the back getting the most carries vs the Rams with Morris and Jordan out. I had no idea he was that big, 225 lbs as McDaniels mentioned, I thought he was 210-215 lbs. He does look solidly built and can bounce off tacklers, he runs low with good pad level and he seems to have good vision. Count me in as a fan of this kid's running style.

McDaniels checks in - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

2. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,352 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

I too noticed the obvious downhill, hit the hole style of runnung from BJGE. He's a straight ahead guy and lacks Maroney's break away speed, but fortunately also lacks his indecisive slow-down cut move approaching the LOS. Josh's comments speak volumes.
  3. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

You noticed that too. When I read Josh's comments about BJGE I said that almost sounds like a direct shot at a certain Running Back on IR. I want to see The youngling play a little more before I form an opinion, but those comments speak volumes, IMO.
  4. BPF

BPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I thought the same thing:

5. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,456 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

I know I'm going to get hosed for this but, from what I saw in one game, Green-Ellis is a FAR more decisive runner than Maroney.
  6. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +1,352 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Kontra my man, you haven't contradicted anyone posting here yet. The 'issues' referred to by Maroney are more than physical shoulder condition. I speculate that it has to do with a deep disagreement in running style between LoMo and his coaches.

Good news. There's months to 'work the issue'.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  7. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

I don't know why you'd get hoses. Ray Charles could see that as being a fact.
  8. Brady to Brown

Brady to Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He is taking a shot at Maroney. I don't like negative runs either.
  9. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,456 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Eh, some people here would probably disagree citing that Maroney has never really been a between the tackles type running back and has always bounced it outside for his yardage which is why he looks indecisive. There you go. I just formed a counter argument to my own point.
  10. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

Well, go back to San Diego game in playoffs, show me THAT LM and that is the only counter needed. 25 carries 122 yards 1 TD....

Sadly, he is oft injured and seldom up to that kind of performance.

Yes indeed, Mcd's comments said a lot there.
  11. Brady to Brown

Brady to Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OMG I just went back and looked at the whole article.

Did McDaniels say he liked Jarvis beacuse he does not dance? :eek:
  12. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +1,352 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Yes, us Pats fans have to acknowlege that LoMo was HUGE in the playoffs leading to that game in Feb that cannot be mentioned.
  13. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,456 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Yes. And hopefully, that lights a fire under Maroney. I would love to see what he can run like while pissed off. Sadly though, I think he is a thoroughbred type of runner and will be plagued with injuries throughout his career. Good thing we were able to pick up a couple of workhorse type runners through the draft and free agency.
  14. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 2 / -0

lol, ill keep it up...your point was true, for the first year...

then maroney never wanted to go in between, and always tried to make something out of something on the outside...

he failed, and the coaches told him to run inside...so now he only runs inside, and doenst ever bounce it out...he doenst even see the open space on the outside...if he can see it, hes ignoring it...

so the coaches i think are part to blame for maroney's troubles...

or he has no vision...and we made a mistake...

either way, BJ is the type of runner we need, and its the type of runner i like...
  15. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

If there was a mistake made, I think it was when drafting. I've said all along they knew what they were getting and much as you admire them you don't select a thoroughbred to pull your plow. I recall BB waxing poetic about Maroney's explosive capacity in space (seemed almost giddy at the prospect) and how he and Dillon would compliment each other as opposed to the kid being drafted to replace the vet (who was a little miffed at the time...). Then came the zone blocking difficulties. Then we started to hear local media speculate that they (OL) don't "like" blocking for Maroney. Which if that's the case, Bill is the one who needs to get it together - one way or the other... Trying to force square pegs into round holes is just counter productive and injurious to everyone concerned.

At any rate if that was a veiled dig at Maroney, Josh needs to review his BB 101 manuel. And if Bill mistook Maroney for a north south runner, Josh might want to give his boss a slap upside the head.
  16. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +1,352 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Drafting, the Pats were enamored about how well Maroney performed 'in space'. Trouble is they didn't notice how he got there. His style approaching the LOS as alluded was very different from the Pats blocking style. Just watch Morris, Jordan amd BJGE succeed with follow the play as frakin' designed straight on fast to the hole running vs Maroney's make a cut back move at the LOS that costs momentum. His "issue" is one of rungame philosophy and so far Lawrence is intransigent in insisting on his way.
  17. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,295 / 59 / -71

Disable Jersey

I still don't get the hostility towards Maroney. We know that when he's healthy and the line does its job, he's a tremendous runner. We saw it when he was a rookie, and we saw it at the end of last year. It's not Maroney's fault that the team changed blocking styles and haven't been able to implement it properly.

Last year, it was "Addai is better" right up until we saw Maroney getting it done at the end, while Addai was fading. This year, he clearly wasn't right from the get-go, and people still went at him as if he's the reason for all the world's ills.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  18. Patslifer

Patslifer Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

After this article I would love to see Dabruinz and co defend Maroney, and claim the coaches have no issue with him, he's not injury prone, he is not a tap dancer, and he will be a elite NFL back.

Haha, MCowned.
  19. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Maroney had a few decent games in the last games of the regular season and the early playoff game, but when he was needed most in the SB he was invisible

I won't blame the offensive line for everytime Maroney has sucked,its simply not fair,If that was the case then I guess we would have to blame the offensive line everytime Brady had one of those 4 INT stinker games in his career.
  20. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,295 / 59 / -71

Disable Jersey

Thanks for this. It's a prime example of what I mean.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.