PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty will surprise...hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive barely seen anything on McCourty here and i really think he will be the surprise next year i think he may start cause he really has a knack for shutting WR's down ( Devin McCourty, Rutgers, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com ) and being very physical i could see him starting opposite of Bodden unless Butler steps up and takes Bodden's spot

IDK about that. We'll then have at least three CBs who all cover well and tackle well. I think we'll eventually - possibly sooner than later - see all three on the field at the same time. Especially considering that we have one safety who covers very well, but who still doesn't tackle well (Meriweather), another who tackles almost like Harrison but screws up our coverages horribly (McGowan), a third who covers and tackles just adequately (Sanders), Chung (whose ultimate capabilities are as yet unproven), and Lockett. Under the circumstances, why would you NOT want to try to keep Bodden and Butler AND McCourty (assuming he really has the goods) all on the field at the same time as much as possible? Why enforce an artificial hierarchy based on nominal positions? I think it's better to just view DBs as a unit and put the best 4 or 5 guys out there regardless of their positional designation on the roster.

I have to bring T-cat with me to the race track.

The best 4-5 DBs ended up including McCourty, but apparently not Butler.

I have to bring T-cat with me to the race track.

Haha ya and maybe i should start betting! But ya idk at the beginning of the year i was also high on arrington starting at CB cause of his physicality and sure tackling and i was also high on Ninko and Woodhead so ive been doing good this year. Now i predict when Connoly gets healthy next year we start him at RB and hes the next Emmitt Smith!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes