PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty vs. Lions: Thrown on 7 times for 2 completions for 13 yards and two INTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Not that I am a fan of ProFootball Focus, but they did have an interesting stat:

Rookie cornerback Devin McCourty (+2.3) had a big day with two interceptions. Perhaps more impressively, McCourty only allowed two completions the entire game for a combined 13 yards despite being thrown at seven times. Three of those attempts came against Calvin Johnson, and only one of those were complete as McCourty enhanced his reputation.

Re-Focused: Week 12, Patriots at Lions | ProFootballFocus.com

I know if you go to the Jets board you will hear how overrated McCourty is and how he gets burnt all the time, but he did better against Megatron than Revis did (granted Revis had Matthew Stafford for most of his game and he only allowed one completion too although for more yards).

I really wish the Pats would allow McCourty to shadow the primary WR like they let Law do from time to time back in the day and how the Jets do now. McCourty is playing at or near a Pro Bowl level the last few weeks.

Last edited:
Sam Bradford plays for the Lions? ;)

Sorry, confusing young QBs. Matthew Stafford. Stafford. Bradford. Aren't they the same guy?

I will change it.

Last edited:
Sorry, confusing young QBs. Matthew Stafford. Aren't they the same guy?

Both have had shoulder issues. So yeah, I can see how one would confuse the two. :cool:

I got really confused! I was thinking 'isn't Megatron Johnson's nickname?'

He was close, Bradford and Stafford are both places in UK :)

In other words: Devin McCourty is the balls.

:rocker:

He has been more than a pleasant surprise, and we needed it.

Unlike McCourty, Revis was on Calvin Johnson the entire game with Stafford at QB for 98% of it, his COMPLETE statline was 1 catch for 13 yards.

Megatron had 84 yards and a TD with the backup QB throwing against the Patriots. (I know Devin wasn't on him the whole game, but since he wasn't that ruins the point)

McCourty is already an awesome player, and on his way to being elite....but it's stupid to say he did better than Revis.

Last edited:
Unlike McCourty, Revis was on Calvin Johnson the entire game with Stafford at QB for 98% of it, his COMPLETE statline was 1 catch for 13 yards.

Megatron had 84 yards and a TD with the backup QB throwing against the Patriots. (I know Devin wasn't on him the whole game, but since he wasn't that ruins the point)

McCourty is already an awesome player, and on his way to being elite....but it's stupid to say he did better than Revis.

Revis lost all respect when he faked that injury right after Moss made him his bit*h.

Man I wish Bodden hadn't gotten hurt. He would be the perfect solid CB compliment to a potentially budding star in McCourty.

Revis lost all respect when he faked that injury right after Moss made him his bit*h.
Revis went Novak Djokovic went he was beaten like a rented mule by Moss.

I really wish the Pats would allow McCourty to shadow the primary WR like they let Law do from time to time back in the day and how the Jets do now. McCourty is playing at or near a Pro Bowl level the last few weeks.

That may well be the case. With all the extra time that we have had off, it is inevitable that we will see another level of complexity installed on defense.

BB gave the team 4 days off, but I will wager you he gave himself none, and has had a head start on tape breakdown, and those four days are "voluntary" e.g., players are not going to be barred from coming to the facility if they want to do some "extra work."

Revis went Novak Djokovic went he was beaten like a rented mule by Moss.

He was smart though..he played if for a few games after to make people think he was faking..but we know better dont we revis...yea, we know better.

I wonder how often coverage will be rolled away from McCourty's side Monday night?

I don't keeping McCourty on the right side is as big a problem playing against the jets. The jets have too very good WRs with different skill sets. Braylon is big, physical and a vertical threat where Holmes is just a great playmaker with great hands and instincts (though I know most people here think Holmes is better and I do agree but the difference is not that great). I have heard that Sanchez has trouble when he throws to the left side of the field and when he rolls out that way (though I am not positive and any stats to back that up would be great). Having McCourty on the right side of the field takes away Sanchez's strong side and forces him to throw it to his weaker side (which also happens to be our weaker side) and hopefully forces him into a couple mistakes.

If I recall correctly reavis left that game with....
alg_randy_moss_touchdown.jpg

3RD DEGREE BURN!

The Jets were a PAT away from losing that game. Good job Revis!

Seriously?

Not that I am a fan of ProFootball Focus, but they did have an interesting stat:

Re-Focused: Week 12, Patriots at Lions | ProFootballFocus.com

I know if you go to the Jets board you will hear how overrated McCourty is and how he gets burnt all the time, but he did better against Megatron than Revis did (granted Revis had Matthew Stafford for most of his game and he only allowed one completion too although for more yards).

Knowing McCourty is the Best CB on our current Roster i want him on Santonio Holmes. If they let Holmes roam free it could be a very long night for our Defense. I fear him as a wideout as much as i do Reggie Wayne he's cut from the same mold...they can change the game in an instant granted their QB's have time. Put your Best on their Best!

Last edited:

I actually believe this to be very true. You just don't here as much about Revis anymore since that Moss grab/"OH NO MY HAMMY HURTS".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes