PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty signed per Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? So was Vernon Gholston. Gholston was drafted because he was incredibly talented. Exactly how is that working out for your Jets? Do you think a guy who got drafted because he was a sackmaster will get his first sack by the end of his third season in the league?

Bryant is not your every year prospect. He has the potential to be special, and he will be IMO.

There were red flags on Gholston on the field. Bryant is about as sure a thing you're going to find as a WR coming out of college. He dominated the nation in the powerful Big 12 as a Sophomore. Kid's legit.

Dude, you need to get over the fact they passed on Bryant and stop acting so butthurt. There's nothing more annoying than someone who is bitter because his team passed up on drafting his binky.

You realize Dez is as unproven as, say, Taylor Price is, don't you?

Bryant is Riddler's new Maualuga.

well, Riddler finally found someone who agrees with him... and it's a Jets fan. Seriously guys, just put him on ignore like I did 6 months ago or so, when he was having the same exact meltdown about Rey Maualaga. Without the attention, one can only hope that he'll just get bored and stop posting altogether.

well, Riddler finally found someone who agrees with him... and it's a Jets fan. Seriously guys, just put him on ignore like I did 6 months ago or so, when he was having the same exact meltdown about Rey Maualaga. Without the attention, one can only hope that he'll just get bored and stop posting altogether.

I cleared my ignore list as part of a draft day "amnesty". That list has slowly been filling back up. I'm sure Riddler will join it again in time.

Nah. For me, Riddler's posts are like watching a train wreck in slow motion with that train having it's top cut off beforehand and loaded with morbidly obese men and women. I just can't look away.

Bryant is not your every year prospect. He has the potential to be special, and he will be IMO.

There were red flags on Gholston on the field. Bryant is about as sure a thing you're going to find as a WR coming out of college. He dominated the nation in the powerful Big 12 as a Sophomore. Kid's legit.

I have hear this "potential to be special" crap thrown at guys like Reggie Bush, Darren McFadden, Charles Rogers, David Terrell, etc. Most special guys coming out turn into disapointments based on lofty expectations.

If most NFL scouts agreed with you, Bryant wouldn't have lasted until 27. NFL scouts have been wrong before especially with guys who drop because of trouble in college, but they are usually more right than wrong.

Kinda ironic he would be on the Maualaga bandwagon too. Maualaga is a perfect example of a guy who excelled in a position to exploit his strengths who was a horrible fit for a two gap, read and react type of defense the Pats run.

No, he's actually The_Riddler's new Clay Matthews, another sure fire miss by BB, who again at the time was another need as we continue our search for starting OLB's or are you still high on Shawn Crable and the value of that 3rd round pick ?

Kinda ironic he would be on the Maualaga bandwagon too. Maualaga is a perfect example of a guy who excelled in a position to exploit his strengths who was a horrible fit for a two gap, read and react type of defense the Pats run.

I suppose Clay Matthews also wouldn't fit here in the Patriot defense ? Keep them coming, the BB excuses are getting legendary !

I am going laugh and laugh watching Dez Bryant light up ESPN Sunday night highlights and I'm just going to say "I freakin told you so".

Last edited:
Bingo, i was going to post that we'll have to hear about how we past up Bryant all season long just like Maualuga last year.

Why can't people understand that BB started losing his locker room last year. He made an example out of Shawn Springs who made a snide comment backing up AD I believe that's all it took. Ad don't get me started. Moss has bought into the Patriots way. You realize that all our high picks were high Character guys. You read the profile on mccourty he sounds like someone you'd want your daughter to marry. He will not anybody put themselves ahead of the team. It won't happen again. BB will police this team mold the young players to solid vets. Taylor Price has physical talent played on a run first Team he's a project similar to David Givens. He seems to be very humble a able and willing blocker I'm willing to bet he will have a solid career here in New England. So lets say we drafted Bryant he makes a big splash his first year let's say were outed out in the first round of the play offs again. Now we have a team that was humbled. But now you have a ****y brash Bryant who now thinks he's the next Fitzgerald. How many years til he wants to be paid and demands a new contract? How many young impressionable rookies does he rub that attitude off on? I believe he was the first to camp just to say look at me look at me once he's comfortable that will all go out the window.

Bingo, i was going to post that we'll have to hear about how we past up Bryant all season long just like Maualuga last year.

Funny how I bring up Clay Matthews and all I hear is cricketts. Same stuff, same excuses...........

Funny how I bring up Clay Matthews and all I hear is cricketts. Same stuff, same excuses...........
I just got into this thread so i didn't read about CM. I do remember your Maualuaga posts last year, i guess because Matthews did so well your going to put in a post now. But i think most regulars here remember your obsession with Ray.

I have no idea if Matthews would fit this system. I haven't watched enough Packers games to know that. The Packers do run a very different 3-4 defense than the Pats do. The Packers run an one gap, blitz happy defense. The Pats run a two gap, read and react defense. Doesn't mean Matthews wouldn't be as good or better in this system, but it means just because he excelled in that defense doesn't mean he would excel here. The fact I don't know his playing style enough, I cannot even guess either way.

What about the fact we drafted 2 potential defensive stand outs in Butler and Chung. The verdict is out on Brace, we also got Edelman and Pryor I think those are solid players in that draft. You do realize teams don't ever hit on all their picks. How about this for a conspiracy theory BB won't take a usc player because they were coached by the man he replaced. Who was the coach of the Patriots when he felt it should of been him then. how's that for conspiracy.

I just got into this thread so i didn't read about CM. I do remember your Maualuaga posts last year, i guess because Matthews did so well your going to put in a post now. But i think most regulars here remember your obsession with Ray.

Funny how you only remember Rey-Rey that makes sense. I was chirping about Clay Matthews the day after the draft and I didn't stop, funny how you just forgot about that.........that's odd !

The Patriots took the pick that became Matthews (along with a 5th round pick) and turned it into Butler, Tate and Edelman, and a 2010 2nd round pick which, along with a 2010 6th round pick, was turned into Gronkowski.

How the hell is that supposed to be a bad move by the Patriots?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back