PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty fires off the first salvo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember the last time I heard an announcer say, " What a great play by McCourty ".

He's become another invisible Patriots defensive back.

He is a free safety playing a lot of over the top coverage. FS playing that way don't make a lot plays. You are playing well if you aren't heard from very often. Even then, McCourty has made a lot of key plays most notably the tip ball INT to Marquis Cole.

I can't remember the last time I heard an announcer say, " What a great play by McCourty ".

The general consensus among the national media is that McCourty has been one of the best safeties in the league this year.

You must have not watched the game last weekend then...

I think he's definitely a player worth keeping. He has great versatility, good range, and good leadership abilities. The question will be how close he thinks he should be getting to his brother's enormous contract.

He's a BB type of player. I could see the Pats paying (within reason) to keep him. I could also see the Pats extending DMC and waiving another highly paid veteran.

Guess who will be sitting out the first series?

Maybe you should try watching the games.

And, in point of fact, announcers have said what you've claimed not to have heard several times this season.

This is no different than BB or Brady saying they hate the Jests.. no big deal.

McCourty: 'No better feeling' than pushing Ravens to brink | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

I kind of wish he would have just not said anything, but he did. Essentially says there would be no better feeling than all but eliminating the Ravens this weekened and that his hate for them is a bit less than his hate for the Jets.

I can see why. DMac still remembers Boldin looking down and laughing at him after his back of the end zone TD catch while he was at Boldin's feet. I haven't forgot that and I am sure DMac and the team haven't either. That team had a big party here last January at our expense.

so long as they dont go overboard, i like a little talk

show that you have a bit of a fire will ya?

considering the announcers have been mostly dierdorf or simms thats not suprising, they are too busy complaining about how awful the patriots are, or how terrible teh calls are when they go against the team playing the patriots, but how "oh well those are judgement calls and you have to let the refs have the final say" when they go against the patriots.

This is a joke, right? Phil Simms is one of the biggest Patriot ball washers on television.

I can see why. DMac still remembers Boldin looking down and laughing at him after his back of the end zone TD catch while he was at Boldin's feet. I haven't forgot that and I am sure DMac and the team haven't either. That team had a big party here last January at our expense.

Taking a break from working on your board?

This is a joke, right? Phil Simms is one of the biggest Patriot ball washers on television.

Years ago he was pro Pats. Not sure why, but really soured on them over the last few years.

Years ago he was pro Pats. Not sure why, but really soured on them over the last few years.

I'm not sure I'd fully agree with this, Galeb.

It does seem that Simms tempered things down a bit, but he often praises Belichick and Brady, along with the organization in general.

Actually, most of us would choose to have that Simms as the announcer in just about every game I think.

Did you catch inside the NFL last night? He said Brady does the right thing in the press conferences. He said Tom was on fire in Miami, and he came to the press conference and Tom said he needs to play better and he said kudos to Tom.

Maybe you should try watching the games.

And, in point of fact, announcers have said what you've claimed not to have heard several times this season.

Ya, Jon "broken record" Gruden and Mike "likes everyone" Mayock.

If a DB makes a tackle, theyre pro bowl talent on the way the Canton.

Actually, most of us would choose to have that Simms as the announcer in just about every game I think.

you mean no one wants the almighty gruden every game? God i hope he leaves the booth

strongly disagree

McCourty: 'No better feeling' than pushing Ravens to brink | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

I kind of wish he would have just not said anything, but he did. Essentially says there would be no better feeling than all but eliminating the Ravens this weekened and that his hate for them is a bit less than his hate for the Jets.

I kinda like it. It shows a certain level of confidence not much in display in Foxboro the last thousand years or so. The only players prior to this that could talk were Mayo and Wilfork and neither (because they don't play flashy positions or don't put up flashy numbers or haven't been important parts of good defenses) has been inclined.

McCourty feeling his oats is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes