PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty DROY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suh will win, but i like a bodden/ mccourty tandem next year.

Ndamukong Suh, and I don't think it is even close.

Suh.....but McCourty will probably be all-rookie at CB along with Alterraun Verner.

As much as I love McCourty, barring injury, Suh should win the award. The 6.5 sacks are huge, but the 27 tackles are a lot for a DT. Consider McCourty has 31.

But we're not even halfway through the season. A lot could change. Right now, the early lead has to go to Suh.

tough to say...... still early.

McC needs huge game after huge game (to be in this race)

Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone else who would be in the running with D-Mac.

No. CBs usually don't win DROY unless they make 10 INTs or something. That's not gonna happen. Calm down. McCourty is a good CB and he is getting better each week but he's not ready for Canton yet.

Seemingly, the Defensive Rookie of the Year is between Nate Allen and Ndamukong Suh.

Allen and Suh have won Defensive Rookie of the Month in September and October, respectively.

While Devin McCourty makes up a list that includes Earl Thomas, Eric Berry and Rolando McClain as the next potential candidates.

So, McCourty really must pick it up statistically in November and/or December to convince the voters.

With New England winning, McCourty is getting national attention. His name is now being mentioned with Wilford and Mayo by the media.

No one is talking about him but Sam Bradford is a very impressive QB,looks like Ryan from his rookie season...the Rams are amazingly in playoff contention early and Bradford is the general behind it

Bradford could sneak up and earn it as well

Going out on a limb here, I'm willing to place a LARGE wager that Bradford will not win DROY.

Let's put it this way -- which rookies are in Pro Bowl or All-Pro consideration?

Suh has to be. I think McCourty, however, would be quite the long shot.

Suh by a landslide.

I think the one thing McCoutry does have on his side is he's playing for a winning team. Obviously, he needs impressive stats, but he also needs a signature game. Kind of like when Mayo put up 20 tackles against the Jets on national TV. If he could get a Tracy Porter-esque pick six to close out a game I think he'd be right up there.

Suh, right now, is the best D-Lineman in the NFL.

You're reaching badlyy. Ngata and Wilfork are clearly better all-around defensive tackles right now. I don't even know if Suh would make the class right below those two. And I'm talking strictly DT's... if we add ends to the mix, it'll worsen your case even more.

Last edited:
The 6.5 sacks are huge, but the 27 tackles are a lot for a DT.
I'd say 6.5 sacks is a lot for a DT at this point in the season too, just as impressive as the tackles if not more

You're reaching badlyy. Ngata and Wilfork are clearly better all-around defensive tackles right now. I don't even know if Suh would make the class right below those two. And I'm talking strictly DT's... if we add ends to the mix, it'll worsen your case even more.

He's not far from Wilfork and Ngata ...I would say a top 5 DT

Suh is already the clear cut winner in a lot of writers minds. I've watched a couple of Lions games and he is definately legit. He will be a top 5 for a long time.

Suh won October defensive rookie of the month, McCourty was a finalist.
Second-pick Suh picked up 4.5 sacks in October, more than any other rookie has generated all year. He's only the fourth defensive tackle to ever receive the honor.

Defensively, the finalists were Chiefs safety Eric Berry, Bucs safety Cody Grimm, Pats cornerback Devin McCourty, Seahawks safety Earl Thomas, and Titans cornerback Alterraun Verner

Suh is running away with the DROY award right now and he should be. He's been solid throughout and made impact plays in the process. He'll be dangerous against the Pats on Turkey Day. McCourty's 2 INTs are starting to get him noticed a bit more. I'd like to see McCourty put his hat into the ring with a 3 INT game against Manning face. Maybe one of them could be a pick six.

Like many, I see Suh as the clear cut frontrunner right now. McCourty is in my top 4 though. I would rank him only behind Suh together with Earl Thomas and Alterraun Verner (who has yet to give up a TD). What surprises me is the lack of a dominant rookie linebacker.

PS: This will probably be the first time since 2002 that a non-linebacker will win the award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back