PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty back at Practice So is Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good, but big hole at DL at practice today. Let's hope we can scrape together a decent line by Sunday night.

Rib injuries are a bytch..

That's good, but big hole at DL at practice today. Let's hope we can scrape together a decent line by Sunday night.

Geez, DL is rather thin at the moment.

We oughta take care of business this weekend, and we can begin to rest some of these players that could use the rest. Specifically the DL, really. Yikes.

Pete Sheppard is looking for work....

Geez, DL is rather thin at the moment.

We oughta take care of business this weekend, and we can begin to rest some of these players that could use the rest. Specifically the DL, really. Yikes.

So who's left now? Vince, Deaderick, and Love? Is that it?

Wilfork, Vincent - NT - LP (Stickum)

wilfork-wrap.jpg

;)

Last edited:
If the Pats lock up home field this week I wonder if Bill doesn't let McCourty sit until the first playoff game. I understand throwing him back up into the mix now when there's still a lot on the line, but considering he's going to be going up against guys like Anquan Boldin, Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Santonio Holmes, etc, it might be good to ensure that rib is 100 percent by the time the playoffs kick off.

If the Pats lock up home field this week I wonder if Bill doesn't let McCourty sit until the first playoff game. I understand throwing him back up into the mix now when there's still a lot on the line, but considering he's going to be going up against guys like Anquan Boldin, Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Santonio Holmes, etc, it might be good to ensure that rib is 100 percent by the time the playoffs kick off.

If he doesn't play until the playoffs, hes going to spend the first half of the first playoff game getting torched.

They'll play him as soon as the rib is healthy. As to the DL, I'm not too worried. Matt Flynn isn't exactly scarey.

Did not participate
DL Gerard Warren -- knee
DL Ron Brace -- concussion
DL Mike Wright -- concussion

NT Myron Pryor -- back

Limited participation
QB Tom Brady -- right shoulder/foot
CB Devin McCourty -- rib
WR Deion Branch -- knee

Full participation
CB Kyle Arrington -- elbow

Think we're gonna see some new faces up front.

Big Vince with Kyle Love and Brandon Deadrick in the base 3-4, with Eric Moore and Louis Leonard alternating in. We'll be fine.

QB12

Seems like the Patriots take concussions more seriously than any other team.

Seems like the Patriots take concussions more seriously than any other team.

not according to ted johnson.

Wright must have had a particularly bad concussion. But i don't remember him lying on the field knocked out cold or anything when it happened several weeks ago.

Big Vince with Kyle Love and Brandon Deadrick in the base 3-4, with Eric Moore and Louis Leonard alternating in. We'll be fine.

QB12

It's a sign of a special season when the Pats have only 1 available DL who played a snap in the NFL last year, and we all shrug and say "we'll be fine." :)

If the Pats lock up home field this week

I don't think it's possible for the Patriots to lock up HFA this week. Even if the Patriots win, they could still go 12-4 with 3 total division losses. That means they could still be caught by either the Jets (who would have the tie breaker if they win out) or the Steelers. They could also be tied for record by the Ravens, but hold the tie breaker.

Since the Steelers and Jets cannot both win this week, a Patriots win at a minimum locks up a bye, but not HFA for a potential AFCCG.

Even if the Steelers and Jets tie, the Patriots cannot lock up HFA with a win, although, again, they would lock up a bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes