Welcome to PatsFans.com

McClellan implicates Boy King in Plame scandal

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Nov 20, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

McClellan’s tell-all implicates Bush in Plame scandal.

Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan will publish a memoir in April titled “What Happened.” In an excerpt posted by his publisher, McClellan implicates “the President himself” in the Valerie Plame scandal:

“The most powerful leader in the world had called upon me to speak on his behalf and help restore credibility he lost amid the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. So I stood at the White house briefing room podium in front of the glare of the klieg lights for the better part of two weeks and publicly exonerated two of the senior-most aides in the White House: Karl Rove and Scooter Libby.

“There was one problem. It was not true.

I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice President, the President’s chief of staff, and the president himself.”

McClellan, who orchestrated the White House’s stonewalling of the investigation into the leak, later said he was lied to by those directly involved.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I've been waiting for all the Kings "men" to start writing books.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +534 / 2 / -9

F-ck the Plames.
    :bricks:
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

your corrupt heroes in office did exactly that...
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Over,and over,and over again. Along with the constitution, and us.
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I noticed that Rove dumped his load all over his former boss the other night. Oh such loyalty. Ain't it sweet.
  7. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm still reading about the whole case, but I found this to be pretty interesting, its part of a transcript from Wolf Blitzer interviewing Joe Wilson on CNN, here's the link:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/14/wbr.01.html

"WILSON: My wife was not a clandestine officer the day that Bob Novak blew her identity.

BLITZER: But she hadn't been a clandestine officer for some time before that?

WILSON: That's not anything that I can talk about. And, indeed, I'll go back to what I said earlier, the CIA believed that a possible crime had been committed, and that's why they referred it to the Justice Department.

She was not a clandestine officer at the time that that article in "Vanity Fair" appeared."

That means to me there was no crime here, right? I don't understand why, if it really was a crime, that Rove or Armitage were not indicted, and why Libby was never indicted for outing Plame. I must be missing something, there's a hole in the logic there to me. If there was no crime, isn't the story overblown? The actions of the administration seem slimy to me, but from what I can gather it doesn't approach the level of what is being discussed here. Also I'm interested for McClellan's book to come out, but it sure seems like a good way to sell books to me, drum up a little controversy. Maybe there's more to it though, I really don't know.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Mr. Wilson is indicating her status ended that day... when her cover was blown... regardless, i believe Valerie, herself, has stated numerous times -- most recently a couple Friday's ago on HBO's live Real Time with Bill Maher -- that she was a covert officer right up until the morning that column ran... read it closer, and remember: it was the CIA that asked Justice for an investigation... not Corn, not Isokoff, not Bob Woodward, not some oversight committee, not a watchdog group... there was a "bloodbath" of turnoverat the agency when this all broke, and turnover at the agency was exactly what a vindictive Palpatine wanted...

again, for the 417th time, there WAS a crime here... but the prosecutor knew there was a good enough chance he couldn't prove that the cabal indeed knew she was covert before they ran their mouths... of course they knew, they also knew it couldn't be proven they knew... that was a sticking point on which the special prosecutor felt he had Rove caught, but Rove's lawyers sent him scurrying back to the Grand Jury for a fifth time to "re-remember" certain details that saved his ass, and led to McNulty stepping in and squashing the indictment.... google "sealed vs. sealed" and tell me that's common... sorry, but that was for Rove...
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  9. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

In stating George Bush 'is' the worst President ever, people will say its too early to judge, that time is needed to see how things will unfold. Here is an example of a Bush blunder that will loom larger years from now. Already, members from his administration are owing up to administrations lies concerning Plame. More details are bound to come out concerning the quagmire of a war and subsequently outing of a CIA agent which of course led to a Federal conviction and Bush commuting Libby's sentence. Then again, she was fair game. This will be one reason why Bush's approval ratings will never see daylight.
  10. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ah, I get it, so he was saying the article outing her was the end, not that she was no longer covert before that. It was unclear to me but re-reading it I agree with your interpretation. If I have time today I'll look up what you suggested, but I already know I think the whole thing is fishy at best as far as what the admininstration did. My take on it? I think they were trying to discredit Wilson's testimony by leaking that it was his own wife that sent him. That was a bad thing for her to do, but the thing is he was after all a really good choice right? It basically was them playing politics, and that was wrong, again I'm not sure if it is criminal, but it ain't right.
  11. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Whats worse? this administrations actions, or the citizens who defend this behavior.
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +534 / 2 / -9

Nobody would have read Mc-lullimys book if he didn't put that in there, Joe Wilson is a f-cking jerk, I wouldn't let him clean up my dogs sh!t.

Wilson was in every bar room from Boston to Hollywood telling anybody crazy enough to listen to him that his wife "was a spy".

What we really should be digging into is Pant Suit Hillarys closet.
    :bricks:
  13. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Happy clam digging:eek:
  14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just like you don't have the cajones to answer my one, simple opinion question. So that proves you have no right calling others out.

Cowards die many deaths, Nem...
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually this is an example of a Bush blunder that nobody will care about or remember years from now. I mean, do you really think people in the year 2025 are going to be talking about Valerie Plame..? Puh-leeeze.

The biggest breach in the history of the United States happened right under Bill Clinton's nose. Valerie Plame is barely an addendum to a footnote.
  16. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Looks to be the quite the list of oops on a war based on WMD's..
  17. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's why I thought it was foolish to hang their hats on that issue as a reason for going to war with Iraq. We already had enough reason to do so without the fabricated "WMD" issue. They were a known supporter of terrorists who attack our interests and allies. In the post-9/11 world, that's a good enough reason for me.
  18. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Whats the cost of the iraq war now 500 billion.

Thats a big gamble on nation building, especially in the mideast.
  19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

Oh my god, there are a lot of nations who support terrorists who attack our interests and our allies.. should we invade each of them??
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

gosh... i'm sorry... where is it documented that Saddam Hussein's regime supported terror?