Welcome to PatsFans.com

McClellan Flips on his former boss...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 28, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Kinda surprised that this Bush loyalist would throw the former boss under the bus.. not much new here, but a different point of view..

Harry let me save you the trouble, BUSH BAD.....

http://www.ajc.com/meetro/content/news/stories/2008/05/27/mcclellanbook_0527.html

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I've been waiting for this guy to write a book. From what i've heard he's the first insider to write one thats not designed to distance himself from Bush ,just tell the inside story.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Bush has lost me, first when he acted like a slobbering democrat and looked the other way while 12 million illegal alien criminals invaded our country and then a few weeks ago when he went over to Saudi Arabia, held hands and kissed those mother f-cking muslims who HATE my whole family and want us dead.

Hillary & Barack Hussein Obama "SUCK" and Mccain isn't much different than they are, when I voted for Bush I liked him but it wasn't so much that I was voting Bush, I was voting against those Two Goony Goops Gore/Kerry I won't do that again, this time I'm staying home.

Hillary/Obama will never protect this country and it's people the way it should be protected, Al Queda will never ever stop making plans to get into this country and KILL thousands more of us, Hillary/Obama will make it much easier for them to do this, THAT IS A FACT.

GOD HELP OUR COUNTRY WE ARE GOING TO HELL

America Loves Everybody
    Everybody Hates America (but they all want to live here)

PRAISE ALLAH
    DEATH TO AMERICA THE GREAT SATAN
    BRING A MUSLIM HOME TO DINNER AND HE'LL BLOW YOUR HOUSE UP
    F-CK THE SUNSET ON MOONLIGHT BAY
    GOD DAMN AMERICA
  4. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

It's very dark and lonely in there, isn't it Harry?
    Last edited: May 28, 2008
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

No More Darkness
    No More Night
    Praise The Lord
    I Saw The Light

:bricks:
  6. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

Is it too late for the White House to report what a bad person McClellan is. How long before a rumor comes out concerning McClellan's sexual preference.
    The people who defend Bush's legacy often say that it will take years to judge his presidency. A glimpse of hope in that statement that Bush is not all that bad, but they do not take into account insiders like McClellan offering information which confirms what Bush detractors have been saying all along.
    Peace in the Middle East. They have been fighting each other for thousands of years, but the U.S. will bomb away providing a haven for Democracy. Not too much difference between a beauty pageant contestant's thinking and Bush's.
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

The man has nobody to blame but himself, I can't understand him, he seems hell bent on self destruction and he doesn't seem to care, where are his advisors.
    The man was a world wide HERO following 9/11 he tore into Afganistan exactly where he should have gone then he screwed the whole thing up with Saddam, I think the Iraqi People DESERVED Saddam, the more of his own people he slaughtered the more they loved him, they are all savages in the middle east, if Saddam still had his WMD's and tried to use them thats when we should have Nuked Him and any other of those Pigs over there that try to kill us.

The god damned screwy Green Democrats had better let this country get it's own oil or it's the end for this country as we know it, why is gas so high in England.

Gas in Iraq is 18 CENTS a gallon-------------:singing:
  8. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

How much access does the press secretary really have in the White house? Doesn't he just sit in his office and wait to be told what to say?

That said, I think his analysis from the excerpt you posted is spot on.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Geopolitical change in the ME is exactly what it was about. He's not too far off in his assessment.
  10. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

How come, if McLellan feels so strongly about the dishonor and deceit of the Bush Administration, he didn't come out with this before a book deal? I don't doubt the veracity of some of what he's saying, but if everything was so egregious, why didn't he quit and speak up at the time. Sure, that's easy to say for me sitting here, but it doesn't make it any less true.

He may have a valid reason for waiting until now, but I think he's just cashing in on a trend.

Also, the excerpts here aren't as harsh as the media portraying his story to be. I'm surprised that the media would be making it seem that way (sarcasm).
  11. shmessy

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Yup, he sure did change the Middle East. Have you SEEN the skyline of Dubai lately? The Petro-Economies have definitely been helped by our Great President.
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I thought the same thing. Why didn't he quit? I think he's probably the same as any other Washington hack, which means he's there to make a name for himself and a few bucks along the way. Morality doesn't enter into the equation in Washington.
  13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +116 / 7 / -10

IF he felt this way he should have resigned.
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm sure he didn't agree with everything that was being done, or being said, since no two people will ever agree, or disagree, 100% of the time. I have no idea what he says in his book, or what claims he makes, so obviously I can't opine on the book in any direction. That being said, people who write books, do so for two reasons. One is because they have a story to tell, and the second is because someone is paying them for it. I always like to think that there is some truth to the premise said book is being written under. The issue tends to be how much is truth, and how much is sales. For example, Jose Canseco was on the money when it came to steroids in baseball, but he was about the money, when it came to a lot of the specific details. I'm not saying SM is Jose C, I'm merely making a point about books. SM could be 100% accurate in his book. Who knows.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Right, cuz the war in Iraq is responsible for all that. :rolleyes:
  16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Originally Posted by STFarmy

He may have a valid reason for waiting until now...

Yeah..........the same reason Matt Walsh had.
  17. shmessy

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Were it so simple. The Bush Administration did far more than the War on Iraq.

Don't forget, he and his VP are both Oil Men. The Oil industry is one area where they actually know what they are doing, unfortunately.
  18. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +89 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Well, why, all of a sudden, if he had all these grave concerns, did he not raise these sooner? This is one-and-a-half years after he left the administration. And now, all of a sudden, he's raising these grave concerns that he claims he had. And I think you have to look at some of the facts. One, he is bringing this up in the heat of a presidential campaign. He has written a book and he certainly wants to go out there and promote that book. Certainly let's look at the politics of it.

-Scott McClellan

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/03/20040322-4.html

Funny how he can discredit himself!!!!

If he thought this was true about Ricahrd Clarke, certainly we can say the same thing about him.
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

And???? It's typical ignorance to dump the pile of poop we're in, on the laps of the people who are currently in charge. Clearly, the bosom buddies in the Oval Office deserve a giant slice of blame pie, but they don't get the whole thing. This is part of the reason why we have such problems in this country. People think that there aren't any problems when the good times roll around, and that the bad times are the only time problems exist. GW has simply poured gasoline, onto an open flame.
  20. shmessy

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

Well, by the age of 5, my folks had taught me never to do that.

......and he is the President of the United States?

What will he do for an encore? Stick his finger in a wall socket?

All kidding aside, my point was that he and Cheney are Oil Men. They have decades in that business. They should be somewhat expert on it. Perhaps they ARE experts on it and just have goals that are at odds with the general well-being of the United States of America? Exactly where do their loyalties lie? With the USA or with Halliburton, Exxon, State of Texas, etc.

Imagine if Bill Gates was President and Steve Jobs was VP. If the price of computers rose 5 fold over 7.5 years you don't think there would be "questions"?