PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McClain says he's now been told he doesn't have Crohn's disease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utterly baffling. Usually Crohns is fairly distinctive I think.

This is actually a new complication though. What does McClain have?

Causes of recurrent, chronic diarrhea:
Lactose Intolerance
Celiac disease (wheat gluten sensitivity)
Ulcerative Colitis
IBS, Irritable Bowel syndrome
Pancreatic Exocrine Insufficiency
and a few others, rarely

Most can be controlled with meds

A chronically slow healing hammy (from Oct to Mar and counting) that will scare the smart teams. I hope Denver and the Giants are aware of that.

This really bothers me. I like McClain a lot, but he best be above board with all of this, or it's going to look like a cover up for his hammy. If he's lying, is this as bad as what Dez Bryant did? Hm. Things to ponder . . .

This really bothers me. I like McClain a lot, but he best be above board with all of this, or it's going to look like a cover up for his hammy. If he's lying, is this as bad as what Dez Bryant did? Hm. Things to ponder . . .

I think we might be confusing what the player is saying and what the agent is telling the player to say.
Agents, just like GM's and coaches are behind a lot of the posturing that goes on through the media.

Causes of recurrent, chronic diarrhea:
Lactose Intolerance
Celiac disease (wheat gluten sensitivity)
Ulcerative Colitis
IBS, Irritable Bowel syndrome
Pancreatic Exocrine Insufficiency
and a few others, rarely

Most can be controlled with meds

Thank you for that comprehensive list of diarrhea causing disorders. ;) I'd love to see this thread turn into a 200 post thread on lactose intolerance vs Ulcerative Colitis vs Irritable Bowel Syndrom.

Last edited:
Was it Casserly who said this 2 weeks ago? Think I remember people calling him a moron in a thread about it.

Was it Casserly who said this 2 weeks ago? Think I remember people calling him a moron in a thread about it.
Casserly is a moron, whether his broken clock syndrome scored some points is another thing.

Thank you for that comprehensive list of diarrhea causing disorders. ;) I'd love to see this thread turn into a 200 post thread on lactose intolerance vs Ulcerative Colitis vs Irritable Bowel Syndrom.

You are most welcome!

If it turns out that McClain's Chrohn disease is just Irritable Bowel Syndrom, I don't think that this will affect his ability to perform as a 3-4 SILB. However, if it turns out that it is Ulcerative Colitis, I think this may affect his mobility some in a 4-3 scheme.

My brother was once originally diagnosed with Crohn's until a more competent doctor finally figured out he was lactose intolerant. This might be the same case.

My brother was once originally diagnosed with Crohn's until a more competent doctor finally figured out he was lactose intolerant. This might be the same case.

Did the lactose intolerance affect your brother's ability to stack and shed offensive guards? ;)

It turns out that several team scouts have asked Rolando McClain how he'd prepare for a game if he was battling a bout of diarrea. His answer...

Depends.

According to Mike Reiss the Patriots have had Rolando McClain in for a private work out. Although the Patriots ok'd his medical issues, they wanted to see how he'd react mentally if he sharted while calling the defensive signals.

Last edited:
It turns out that several team scouts have asked Rolando McClain how he'd prepare for a game if he was battling a bout of diarrea. His answer...

Depends.

Best post of the day....lol

Depends.

Is he literally going to use Depends, or does he have like a special fitted emergency barf bag? :p Cos we don't need any more video of Mcnabb-like projectile vomiting.

Does anyone remember the photos of Greg LeMond when he had explosive diarrhea during the Tour de France? Horrendous. I would not have wanted to be following him that day.

Does anyone remember the photos of Greg LeMond when he had explosive diarrhea during the Tour de France? Horrendous. I would not have wanted to be following him that day.

Seriously, it happens to athletes when they are gassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes