PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCarver taking on Ramirez during broadcasts

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
ESPN - McCarver: Ramirez's lack of commitment with Red Sox 'despicable' - MLB

I'm glad to see that not everyone covering baseball is covering up what Ramirez did this season

Someone will probably pay Manny the $100 million he's asking, and hope that he feels like playing for the duration of the contract.

But given his experience here they shouldn't hold their breath. Manny will play hard, until he doesn't feel like playing hard anymore. And if his feelings should get hurt, or he should decide that $20 million or $25 million a season has him underpaid, he'll fake an injury and refuse to play until he gets his way.

This isn't idle speculation - Ramirez effectively admits it and his play certainly shows that he wasn't giving his all here - though was perfectly happy to accept $20 million a year for doing so.

So hopefully this just gives a few team owners some pause before they give him what he wants.

I'm with you, it's about time that somebody pointed out that all this current Manny-love may be short sighted. For once I agree with McCarver; the (lack of) effort by Ramirez while with the Sox was despicable considering the way he is hustling now. As much as people get on A-Rod, he never pulled any crap like that.

I'm with you, it's about time that somebody pointed out that all this current Manny-love may be short sighted. For once I agree with McCarver; the (lack of) effort by Ramirez while with the Sox was despicable considering the way he is hustling now. As much as people get on A-Rod, he never pulled any crap like that.

I would think all the GMs know its "buyer beware" with Manny - i.e. he'll play hard, until he doesn't feel like playing hard anymore.

He has no commitment to anyone but himself - not the organization, his teammates,the fans - no one but himself.

Ramirez can't deny this - his actions and words all admit it - but he's doing his best to keep that in the background until he can convince someone to give him another $100 million - and if McCarver is out saying these things that's going to cost Manny some serious dough

Weird that the same man that praises the Yankees and discredits the Red sox every year decides to change his tune with his book coming out and also having some book signings in Boston…….. I still hate the man

As much as I blame Manny, his piece of garbage agent is partially to blame too. He was making zip on Manny's current contract and if the Red Sox had picked up the option on the last two years of the contract, the agents cut was a big fat goose egg.

I have no doubt Boras put it in Manny's head that the Red Sox were screwing him, he was underpaid and if he dogged it, Boras could get him out of Boston and get him a four year 100 million dollar deal.

I find it comical some "experts" on this forum claimed Manny's bat was slowing down and his production was tailing off; has he looked that way since he joined the Dodgers? No, he has not.

That said, he and Boras are A#1 azzholes...............

Kudos to McCarver for his stand on Manny.
Manny's lethargy may have cost the Sox the division...
...but hopefully not the pennant.

It's going to be interesting around here if LA and the Sox are in the WS.. the better Manny plays, the more I think he dogged it this year with the Sox.. Boras is the worst.. who knows what he put into Manny's small brain when he became his agent..
It's gonna be an interesting off-season.. Can't wait to see what fool pays big bucks for a guy who quits on his team and doesn't care about winning..

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back