Welcome to PatsFans.com

McCains rally :Im still concerned

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Lifer, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Did you hear that crowd in the beginning? Ive seen General Election Presidential concession speeches all my life. Ive never heard the winner's name so roundly and angrily booed like that. And then when they were showing the faces in the crowd....it was a very "Bob Roberts" crowd. Not just sad, but seething.
    Two guys that looked like skinheads were crying and hugging each other.

Did anybody else get the creeps from all this?

I think that we as a Nation to be praying for our new President. This country will come apart if something happens.

I know McCain made light gestures for the crowd to hush, but I was hoping for something a little more forceful and strong. I think he is in denial about the loons that have been unleashed.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +343 / 3 / -13

I saw the guy with the shaved head and Fu Manchu holding the kid...very, very angry looking. We'll always have loons in this country. I think they followed McCain because Obama gave some "white loons" a reason to be against him....he's black.

And I am sure McCain wasn't too happy about that. (i.e. the loony lady who called Obama an Arab at one of his rallies):rolleyes:
  3. tedylb

tedylb Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'm an Indy (not Colts!) who voted for Obama. That said, I thought McCain gave a magnanimus concession, which did much to promote desperately needed bipartisanship to our country in its hour of turmoil. BO's honeymoon will be short, so let's hope he can reunite us for the common good.

As for the loonies, no party has a monopoly on them.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

I'm sure Obama's crowd would have been uber excited had McCain won.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +543 / 2 / -9

I have seen it before, in the year 2000 when Gore conceded and again in the year 2004 when Kerry conceded, both times thousands of Democrats had to visit their Shrinks, many in Hollywood had to be sedated.

These are Kerry's daughters exact words, Not Mine, "I can't believe that f-cking idiot beat my father"

Yes it has been done before, it isn't just Poor Little Obama who was booed.

GOD BLESS AMERICA WE STILL HAVE THE FREEDOM TO HOLD OUR MIDDLE FINGER HIGH IN THE AIR AND "BOO"
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +434 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Oh my God, booing. The horror. Given that RIOTS were expected if McCain won I would say this was a fairly restrained reaction.
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

Oh shut'uppa'u'face BF. Booing is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil. How savage of those primitives.
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +343 / 3 / -13

That's not magenta...that's frikkn' PINK RW!! I admit, I've always thought of you as a pink sort of guy.;)
  9. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Surprised no.

Disappointed yes.

You send a 6 months convincing yourself that the country need McCain and that if Obama wins the world will be a worse place you are going to boo the result.

On a slightly unrelated topic.

If Bill Belichick had address a group in Boston in Feb and began with, "I would like to start by congratulating the world champion New York Football Giants" Crowd reaction: applause or booing. I am going with the booing.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

In a Yankees forum I post in, whenever someone is being sarcastic in any form, or a poster says something that should be viewed as sarcasm, it's posted in pink/purple/magenta etc.
  11. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I dont you guys are getting my point. As i said, it wasnt just booing. It was uglier than that.

But, fine, whatever.....
  12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +434 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

As usual, the Dems are little whiners. "Our guy won and the other side booed the result".

Boo-fricking- Hoo you little pusssies.
  13. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

you are just a breath of fresh air, you know BF?

have you sent the flowers to the Obama's for the loss of his Grandmother yet? :rolleyes:
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +434 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm actually one of those people who's more pleasant in person than on the internet; I'm not the grumpy old man I sound like. You guys are still whiny pusssies though ;)

As for the Typical White Grandma - I still don't give a crap.
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The reaction of the crowd was classless. It even embarrased McCain. You could see in his face that he knows he sold out to those same people who push polled SC voters lying about his adopted child.

He took it like a man, the crowd reacted like angry 3rd graders. They have no one to tell them how to think anymore. Hopefully this election is the end of the rovian era of no-class politics.
  16. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

No, they have brilliant Sarah Palin to lead them. :eek:
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +434 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Right, coming from the party of people who boo Bush every chance they get.
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Bush deserves his BOO, he deserves to burn in hell for the $h!t he did to this planet.

He has a track record. We have a REASON to boo his pathetic presidency. Obama just won an election, give the guy a chance.

Politics are a lot like sports. When the game is over we shake hands and respect the game.

I suppose you think it was cool when the Rams lost the superbowl to the Patriots that they were classless and claimed to beat themselves, and not credit the winning team.

It would be as if the Sox and Dodgers played in teh world series this year. When Manny came out...he would get BOO'd. He would get BOO'd everytime he touched the ball and took the outfield. The game is on. If the Dodgers won the series IN Boston, and the crowd BOO'd the victory....It would be classless. We would be viewed as sore losers.
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +434 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

So it's not OK to boo but it is OK to say someone deserves to burn in hell. Fine. You think Bush has earned his and Obama hasn't earned his. That's your choice but a mere boo is benign enough that it takes a low threshold and I have no problem with it. None.

In fact here's my reaction to Obama winning : Booooo.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

10 charactors.