Welcome to PatsFans.com

McCain's Out-of-Control Anger: Does He Have the Temperament to Be President?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

I've never liked McCain, believing him to be unstable, but here's a supporting perspective from the conservative Newsmax site:

http://newsmax.com/scripts/printer_...m/archives/articles/2006/7/5/00548.shtml?s=po

WASHINGTON -- Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., is considered a front-runner for the 2008 race, but does McCain have the temperament to be president?

As portrayed by the mainstream media, McCain is an engaging war hero, a man of political moderation positioned between the left and the right.

But to insiders who know him, McCain has an irrational, explosive side that make many of them question whether he is fit to serve as president and be commander in chief.

Nowhere is that sentiment stronger than in the Senate, where McCain has few friends or supporters. In fact, when McCain ran for the Republican nomination for president in 2000, only four Republican senators endorsed him.

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +305 / 9 / -12

I agree Patters. You need to ahve a thick skin to be president, McCain doesn't.

3. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I don't think he has the temperment.. I wouldn't want his hand anywhere near a nuke button...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  4. ctpatsfan1

ctpatsfan1 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Nowhere is that sentiment stronger than in the Senate, where McCain has few friends or supporters. In fact, when McCain ran for the Republican nomination for president in 2000, only four Republican senators endorsed him.

If anything that tells me he is the "maverick" that he is made out to be. He doesn't kowtow to party interests and of course the dems wouldn't support his election for President. I do note however that he has been able to cross the aisle to co-sponser legilation with Dems that is in the best interests of the country.

Not only do I think he has the temperament I think he would make an excellent Pres who would be able to cut through the partisan bickering that currently is Washington DC.

5. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +378 / 46 / -7

#75 Jersey

McCain sank any chance of the Republican nomination two years ago, he couldn't win a primary south of New Jersey. HE will have to be content in being NEM's Senator!!!!!

6. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Curious why you say that Ted, why? I became disenchanted with him about two years ago and was wondering if it was the same reasoning.