Welcome to PatsFans.com

McCain Prays; Obama Grabs a Shovel!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Jun 15, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

2. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So let's see if I've got this right--Obama, who is after all a Senator from Illinois, makes a grandstanding trip to a flood area to get his picture taken with a shovel, and that makes him better than McCain?

God I wonder what it's like inside that creepy brain of yours.
  3. Boston_Patriot

Boston_Patriot Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unlike Bush, and unlike Obama, McCain would probably fall over and croak if he ever had to pick up a shovel, and dig, even if it was for a photo op.

I doubt his hands, and Cindy's hands, have ever had their hands dirtied by anything other than the bacteria on the face of printed hundred dollar bills.
  4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Yeah, Wes, Typical McCain. He's never given anything of himself in the service of his country.

The irony of that blog is that it's Obama that looks like the cheap political photo opportunist. Once again you try and fool everyone with your sensational BS headlines.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  6. Boston_Patriot

Boston_Patriot Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh yes, he did give and that is good. However, there is strong evidence that he capitulated to the enemy while a POW.

Do you agree that is a possibility, or not?
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Nem, is that you? Did you change SP's or something? Ah, I got it. you must be using a friends computer. Welcome back bud! ;)
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Yeah it's a possibility. Here's an anology. I give him credit for going to bat though. If you never get up to bat then you can't strike out. If he gave in to repeated torture then maybe he after fouled off 15 pitches he finally struck out. It's easy to sit back after never having to get up or face that pitcher to criticise. Anyway we don't know what happened. Maybe he did give in to the torture.....nah that couldn't be true. We all know that torture never works. Besides, this is all besides the blown "point" Wes tried to make.
  9. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Seems to me it's just a bunch of big letter "D"s floating around. I don't think I've met (err cyber met) anyone so partisan. People need to realize that our political salvation is not in the parties - it's with us rising up and making the government ours again and making these career politicians work for us and not their own wallets.

Easier said than done, I know.
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +114 / 7 / -10

According to McCain he cracked under torture.

You would have done better under torture?
  11. Friar_Tuck

Friar_Tuck Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I seriously doubt that there are many that woould have done better, although there were many, many POWs that DID NOT crack. McCain, allegedly, happened to be one of the ones that did.

And, if that is true, which it very well might be, I think that it's time that he stopped touting his time in the military, and his time as a POW, unless he is willing to talk about what he did to aid the enemy, if anything.

If he capitulated, regardless of the fact that he was tortured, America should be told. Wouldn't you agree? If America was told about Kerry's alleged wrong doings while in uniform, shouldn't the same be done for McCain, at the least?

I respect McCain for his years in the military, albeit his family name helped him a little, even while a a POW, but in either case, he is running for President, and Americans deserves the right to know ALL of the facts, not just the ones he want to be known.

Would you agree?

Here are some transcripts, official Government transcripts, of his capitulation to the enemy.

vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain
  12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +114 / 7 / -10

McCain turned down an opportunity to return home earlier than other POW's, due to hsi father being an admarial I'm sure. According to Bud Day (his roomate and CMOH winner who was his roomate at the Hanoi Hilton (who didn't crack), MCCain's actions at the Hanoi Hilton were honorable.

McCain had already told people if someone esle wish top it's fine by me, I'm not voting for him, even if I was it is no porblem.
  13. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No, because he's Republican; everything they do is wrong. Haven't you heard?'

Just ask Friar NEM.
  14. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Found a post by someone there that said he "worked" for less than an hour. I'd say we need less politicians scoring political points off disasters. Wes do you ever get tired of these disingenuous posts? You really aren't adding a whole lot to this forum besides a lot of hot air.

edit: link
    http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/06/obama_helps_flood_victims.php
  15. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Also, Obama dispatched legions of his young college volunteers to help with the relief efforts. I doubt McCain even has legions of young college volunteers to dispatch. He knows how to look Presidential. Whether it's his or his adviser's advice to go shovel sand, it was the right move. Politics is all about appearances, and he knows how to behave like a leader. This is not a guy that is going to embarrass the U.S. when the cameras are on him.

I wonder if during the whole Katrina crisis, Bush got his feet wet even once.
  16. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

So now as long as your guy appears to look good he is good? You've spun yourself into a corner Wes. BTW Legions of college kids always follow the liberal. Quite a feather in the liberals cap wouldn't you say? Real scoop there Wes. Your BS point you were trying to make is turning into dust Wes.....as do most of your "points"
  17. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

1) He's in touch with the people directly affected. He's not meeting with the mayor or talking about the tragedy from a room somewhere. He's WITH the people, for however long that is. He's seeing and hearing things from THEIR standpoint.

2) He's asking people, not just government to help out. He has utilized the resources of his web site to mobilize volunteer efforts and Red Cross donations.

3) He's not afraid to do a little hard work.
  18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Obama and his Shovel-----:singing::singing:
  20. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +88 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

What evidence do you have?? NONE.

I guess you have call for the arrest, for treason of Jane Fonda then?

Jesus, NEM, are you that hard up to spew your garbage, that you have to constantly try under assumed names? Doesn't it kinda make you think, that if people can figure out that it is you, in under two posts, that maybe your logic might be off?
    You need some serious mental health care.

P.S. McCain is going to win Arizona, handley, and your vote in the election is meaningless!!!

I don't agree with McCain, about a great many thing, but his service to this country is not one of them. Left wing jackoffs, like you, disgust me.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2008