Welcome to PatsFans.com

McCain political adviser black..Black 'deeply regrets' terror comment

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Jun 23, 2008.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +232 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

Terroists you can manipulate our politics just come and do . More fear tactics from the right.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/06/23/black-deeply-regrets-terror

(CNN) — Charlie Black, a senior adviser to John McCain, said Monday he "deeply regrets" his comments to Fortune Magazine suggesting a terrorist attack on the United States would benefit the Arizona senator's presidential campaign......Continued.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2008
  2. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Re: McCann political adviser black..Black 'deeply regrets' terror comment

He's probably right, but is an utter moron for saying it.

3. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,777 / 12 / -17

#75 Jersey

I would seem that it would be awfully difficult for Senator McCain to keep Mr. Black on his staff for much longer.

Obama had his Rev. Wright and McCain now has his Charlie Black......although Charlie Black seems to be a little more inside to the campaign and, therefore, one whose words could be deemed a bit more important.

McCain is a smart guy. I'd say the over-under on Charlie Black resigning to "spend more time with the family" is about 36 hours.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I wish McCain had said that as his first response...that would have been great!

5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +232 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

He is right. Think back to the 04 election what was it just before one of the Bush /Kerry debates OBL releases a video tape reminding everyone hes still around. It produces a major bump for Bush. But you don't come out and say it like your inviting an attack. IMO AQ would rather have McCann as pres. He keeps Bush's agenda going and we lose more people,money,and world standing while AQ gets more recruits.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  6. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I agree with the first part, and strongly disagree with the second part.

The nation would drift right after an attack, because the percepton is the right is stronger on national security. It's not neccesarily true, because we've had some utterly ruthless foriegn policy democrats in the past (I don't mean that in a bad way either), but it is the perception.

As for AQ. NO WAY, they are praying for OBAMA and some relief. You can say what you want about "going to Iraq" and problems with the war on terror, but one thing that is undisputable is that we have devistated the framework of the orginization of the AQ that existed on 9/11.

The issue is still in doubt of course and noone can claim victory, but nether can anyone claim victory. Plus the AQ lite experience in Iraq, has really undermined their overall support in the ME. Too much violence against muslims and not enough against the west.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 14 / -28

Personally I hope he hangs around for a while, Black the lobbyist for Iran and a bunch of other tyrants, so we can have a healthy exchange about McCain's judgement..

here is some stuff about the man who McCain trusts.. his friend I guess, what does this say about his judgement?? Wonder if his kids have listened to his views of the world, are they tainted??

http://www.firethelobbyists.com/facts.html

Although it is a blog, it links to more credible sources..

8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

If that is true (any of it), how the f*** did McCain allow him on his staff? Holy poo, it looks like a list of Satan's clients.

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 14 / -28

Bad judgement, poor decision making or the attitude that no one would notice..

10. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Personally, this Black guy is a tool and will be gone for sure. But let's be real. If your gonna allow for judgments about the clients of Company that a guy that works for who is a guy that works McCain, and then discount shady associations on the other side, then you are an ABSOLUTE HYPOCRITE.

I have no problem if you want to have the discussion that McCain shows a "lack of judgement" by hiring this guy, but then in the next breath say it's unfair hold Obama's feet to the fire for Ayers, Wright, Pfleger, Dorn, Rezko, et all, then you expose yourself as a partisan hack and really have little credibility on the issue.

11. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,777 / 12 / -17

#75 Jersey

Are you KIDDING??????

Slight difference, don't you think?

Charlie Black is a POLITICAL OPERATIVE. CO-CHAIRMAN of the campaign. He's not some crazy uncle in the attic. Charlie Black is a POWER BROKER who was chosen in 2008 (2008!!) to be on the inside of the McCain campaign. He's not some fellow college student from 30 years back, or some friend of the family from church.

He's a guy whom McCain and the Republican party CHOSE to be where he is in the campaign.

You're comparing apples to Orange Julius'.

12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

It is not a list of "clients of Company that a guy that works for...", the Guy (Black) is an OWNER of the company. Huge difference!

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +681 / 7 / -2

Say what? So now Charlie Black is akin to Rev. Wright? Are you on drugs?

Context:

The guy was asked a question, and answered it. Being senile like his pal McLame, and everyone else in the campaign, he answered very poorly. He clearly deserves criticsm, but I hardly think he's on a level with Rev. Wright.

14. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,777 / 12 / -17

#75 Jersey

Reverend Wright makes policy??????

I'm disappointed that you had to get personal in your response. I never knew you to do that too much.

Please tell me how Reverend Wright is as much of a Washington DC power broker as Charles Black. I'm eager to learn something here.

BTW, any LINK to your "context" quote?

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +681 / 7 / -2

I totally disagree. Hamas has endorsed Obama for a reason. They see him as the guy who will pull out of Iraq, and give them free reign. They see McLame as the guy who will keep the troops there. Also, Obama has sent mixed signals about how he views the Israeli, Palestinian situation, which is arguably the key issue with fundamentalists.

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I can't see anyone doing a worse job on maintaining America's image world-wide than George W has done.

"If" Obama wins, it will be the first time a caucasian face is not pictured as the leader (face) of this nation. I think that would go a long way internationally in re-building our image. After all, America is a country of diversity. We are the only country in the world made up almost entirely of immigrants. We should be proud of the fact we are from different nationalities & religious heritage and that we have all come together as one nation. While much of the world can't even get along with another faction of the same religion or "clan".

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +681 / 7 / -2

I got personal? If so, then sorry. Still drinking my coffee. :(

Does the average voter see "God Damn America" when they see Charlie Black? I bet 10% of voters could pick Charlie Black out of a line-up. I bet the other 90% could pick out Reverand Wright. Relevence is what matters. Reverand Wright is a scumbag racist & is relevent in the publics eyes. People won't, and don't know who Charlie Black is. His quoted answer to a question in an interview doesn't even come close to comparing to the footage from Wright. Charlie Black is irrelevent in the grand scheme of things. Look at it this way, who does more damage to the other. Does Black hurt McLame more in the publics eyes, or does Wright hurt Obama? I think we all know the answer to that.

Click where it says "context". It's the fortune interview. Here it is anyway. Again, sorry for any offense dude.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/20/magazines/fortune/Evolution_McCain_Whitford.fortune/

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +452 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

So if Obama wins, then Black's comments hurt McCain more, right?

Just look at your own hate-filled comment;

"Reverand Wright is a scumbag racist..."

And then your casual defense of Black's comments. R. Wright is not on Obama's staff or part of his campaign in any way. I wouldn't know Wright if you put his picture in front of me.

But let me pose this question to you...

Since you obviously have a deep disdain for racism as seen in your comment regarding Rev Wright being a "racist scumbag". I have never read any of your comments where you so passionately condemn racism before. I looked all through the thread on Imus and not one condemnation from RealWorld...

So the question is, are you "Real" or are you a fraud when it comes to racism?

Who else have you ever referred to as a racist scumbag on this board?

c'mon now....True Colors

19. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

you're going to provoke something here dawg. RW is pretty straight down the line on this stuff. Just because you can't see it (and we know you have problems with reading sometimes) doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +681 / 7 / -2

What does GW have to do with Obama & McLame? We just saw 3 pro-american governments elected in Western Europe. See Germany, Italy, and France. Our standing certainly isn't where we'd like it to be, but I think we should be more concerned with what's right for us here at home, than with what would make foriengors happy.

So who's bringing up race now Patters?

What does a caucasian face have to do with it? So you think that the Iran's, Hamas', and NK's of the world would be more willing to be civilized, as opposed to radical, if they had been talking to a black guy for all these years? Why is it that some people ridicule others for the mere mention of color, yet here we have someone implying that color is the problem/solution. So how come you feel that sending a black guy would be better? Does that mean that you'd support BF hiring a white guy cuz he thinks a white guy would be the better face for his customers?