Welcome to PatsFans.com

McCain: Obama using the "Big Lie"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

... and I agree. When Obama says that McCain "opposed" reform that could have prevented this economic crisis, he is lying. It's in the record: McCain tried in 2005 to address the financial crisis when it was still in its infancy, but Congressional Dems -- like Barney Frank -- shot him down.

That makes Obama a lying sack of shat.

McCain calls Obama a liar
    Oct 6 03:44 PM US/Eastern
    By PHILIP ELLIOTT
    Associated Press Writer

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Republican John McCain is calling Democratic rival Barack Obama a liar.

The GOP presidential candidate told a campaign rally: "Sen. Obama has accused me of opposing regulation to avert this crisis. I guess he believes if a lie is big enough and repeated often enough it will be believed."

In some of the harshest language yet, McCain said the campaign comes down to a simple question: Who is the real Barack Obama?

McCain drew the loudest cheers when he said the Democrat has written two memoirs but "he's not exactly an open book."

McCain calls Obama a liar
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Geez negative campaigning causes the righties to get their panties in a bunch, who would have thought.. McCain and Palin have been living on lies and innuendos since the debate.. what do you expect.. just more guilt by association.

You are completely focused on Barney Frank, I think you have a secret man crush on him.. holy crap..
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Barney Frank has made himself the epicenter of this economic melt down, and I for one think he deserves all the publicity he wants and, even more, deserves. When justice is done with Barney he will retire to his rehabilitation facility, where he belongs for the rest of his life.

//
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

I know you are fixated on him, perhaps it is his homosexuality, but you are completely blind to the whole cast of characters on both sides of the aisle who created this mess.. along with some very greedy and shady wall street people..

I know you want to continue this fight, your words not mine, but wake up and smell the roses and get informed.. you owe it to your self.
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You know what? I did wake up and smell the roses once this economic melt-down started to get serious a few weeks ago. It was then that I found out that, like all serious problems, there is an underlying precipitous cause. In this case it is Jimmy Carter's signing of the CRA into law, and the Congress who pushed it even further onto the chute of economic oblivion under Bubba Clinton. Now, since Barney wants to stand and be counted as the point man of this mess, it is only fitting and proper he gets his due. No? Of course it is.

//
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Barack Obama is so desperate he is lying blatantly now about McCain's record of reform. McCain tried to pass reform of the mortgage loan crisis as it was bubbling up in 2005:

YouTube - Burning Down The House: What Caused Our Economic Crisis?

A lot of material in there. Use your pause button, take notes, write down the key elements of this time line diagram. The truth is in there.

//
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

even though Patters effectively put your spliced and rapid-fire video under the proper microscope, you're still obsessed with repeating it over and over as if it's gospel, aren't you?

again... Fog... no one listens to you, no one particularly likes you, and you've convinced no one here of anything... what's that like?
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You've demonstrated to all here -- and perhaps some outside observers... who knows -- where you stand and your one-sided views on accountability, so I'll happily stack my popularity ratings along yours any day of the week. :D

People don't have to speak to listen; people don't need to stand up to think and use their minds.

Think about it. On which of history will your views and actions here and elsewhere be judged: for good or for ill?

//
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2008
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

did YOU just talk to ME about one-sided views on accountability? wow...

anyhow, you think about your own views... and be honest with yourself.
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

Here's the kicker Foggy...no matter what you write, say or do to prevent Obama from becoming president, YOU WILL FAIL:D

I'm telling you right now, he WILL win. I just get to bask in the warm glow of knowing that every single watt of energy you have expended upon this effort of yours will end in utter disappointment....

Oh joyful Day!!!....:singing:
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

stop saying that...

McCain can easily still win... a bump of ships in the Persian Gulf is one of a multitude of scenarios that can motivate the dopey soccer mom demographic and put it all back in control of the fear party.

when you say stuff like this too early, it just creates awful karma...
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Book-marked!!

:D

:singing: ------------------- :singing: --------------- :singing:

//
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The discovery of the real PressCoverage continues. What a revelation: "the dopey soccer mom demographic" .... like mom's who actually raise their children are somehow "DOPEY"!!!

Wow. I'm speechless, though I know I shouldn't be.

//
  14. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

LOL...PC, I see you a bit supersticious.

Ok, I will never say anything that could jinx the election...promise buddy.